Reviews for A Game of Chess
Grav chapter 2 . 2/11/2004
I live in a small town where it can take up to three hours to buy a dozen eggs in the grocery store. I completely understand their plight!
I must have mentioned this before, but I really like your Eowyn. I know I've told you how much I love your Faramir, so just take for granted that some statement to that effect appears in every one of my reviews.
One thing (of many) I have noticed you are very good at is establishing atmosphere. I find it interesting then that Meduseld could be cleansed of Wormtongue where The House of the Steward still reeked (if you will) of Denethor. I am sure it has something to do with friends and windows and breezes, but I really liked the contrast. In the Books, I always like Edoras more than Gondor. This carried to the movies, and you've captured it well here.
Grav chapter 1 . 2/11/2004
I promised my term papers I wouldn't read this. And yet, here I am. I have no resolve at all.
Anyway, I loved this chapter! It was quite funny, and wonderfully moving all at the same time. And really, I doubt anyone is going to tell you "Hey, your subjunctive is wrong!" because they really are a pain in the neck, and anyone who attempts them gets points in my book. Besides, who knows how the Rhirrim spoke ;)?
I liked the blending of tradition, but did it have to be so gallant?
greenleaf-in-bloom chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Ite.
'Your father would be insupportable and your brother would be drunk.'
Very true.
Lovely, lovely.
Webster chapter 22 . 2/3/2004
That was powerful beyond belief. Why are you writing fanfics? You could change the names and particulars and sell this one.
You descriptions of shell shock and its effects on a family were moving, and your angst-brush is light and delicate, but incredibly powerful.
You haven't just entertained me, you have messed with my head. Thank you.
Mallorn Took chapter 11 . 1/26/2004
golly. I was actually crying for a while there. truly tragic. beautiful, breath taking, depressing... I could go on forever but the next chapter beckons...
Mallorn Took chapter 10 . 1/26/2004
*sob* Those two are in desperate need of some marriage conseling... v. realistic.
Mallorn Took chapter 8 . 1/25/2004
I am completely awe struck. The writing is beautiful, the plot intricate, the charecters potrayed to perfection. bitterly, beautifully sad...
Mallorn Took chapter 4 . 1/24/2004
tragically sweet. *sigh*
Mallorn Took chapter 3 . 1/24/2004
I have definately read this before but for an odd reason never quite finished it. It's very beautiful and sad. Faramir's becoming my little angst bunny again... *blows kisses in his direction* wonderful, true to characters... *sigh*
Kats02980416 chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
This is a great story. I'm loving the details of their wedding. Totally sweet.
Aurora West chapter 22 . 1/14/2004
Incredible story. I suppose if I was a really responsible reader I would have reviewed at the end of each chapter, but I couldn't wait to find out what happened next! Anyway, I hate to repeat myself, which is what I would have been doing. Anyway, I loved this story, I am going to put it on my favorite stories list, and...yeah. Thanks for writing this.
Linneleth chapter 22 . 1/13/2004
There are no words I can say to fully express my admiration for this masterful piece of work, yet nevertheless I will try. :) I laughed, I shed tears, I loved reading every word of it. Thank you so much for writing it! It has made many readers very happy.
I just love Eowyn and Faramir romances! And this is the best of them all.
wellduh chapter 22 . 1/10/2004
Thank you so much for writing this. I loved it. Very realistic, really; because a lot of what happened here really does happen in real life. Keep up the good work!
iamanumber chapter 22 . 1/1/2004
This was an incredibly good story. I enjoyed every part of it, from every point of view.
The style is amazing as well.
You have all my admiration.
Nithwen chapter 19 . 12/30/2003
That story was just incredible...I was very touched by your portrayal of Faramir and Eowyn. I love both these characters and have always wanted more details about what happens to them. Your story took them to places I hadn't imagined.
I was practically sobbing when Eowyn said 'But I would give you a new memory of it.' *applauds author for impressive use of repetitive dialogue*. And Eomer's mumblings (' - never trust a man that reads so much - ') were hilarious.
Many stories like this have so much sap they make me sick; but this story was very well written and will now be one of the first stories I consider when I think of good fanfiction. Thank you for writing it.
454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »