Reviews for A Game of Chess
Orangeblossom Took1 chapter 22 . 6/1/2003
Amazing, wonderful, and very real. Sad too, I love the epilogue and Bron's thoughts about his father.
Ashfae chapter 22 . 5/10/2003
It's easy enough to find romantic stories, particularly in fanfiction-sweet, fluffy promises of happily ever after. And they're quite nice. But this has more meaning. Love is easy enough to fall into, but far harder to keep. This is an amazing story of the difficulties that can plague a relationship-more amazing for the writing being flawless, the characters entirely in character, and your insight unmatched. My heart broke with Faramir and Eowyn, and gradually mended again (thank god! If things had ended on a hopeless note, I might have decided to enter a nunnery!)

The second highest compliment I can offer is this: that if I'm lucky enough to find such love myself, I'll be sure to keep lessons learned here in mind. The highest compliment is that for all my talk of lessons and insight and meaning, what you have here is quite simply a damn good story, one that I could not stop reading and will undoubtably read again and again in the future. Thank you. )
Ashfae chapter 14 . 5/10/2003
'And what do you hope from your brother-in-law?'

I looked towards Ithilien again unhappily. 'You know him better than I,' I said. 'And saw him when she arrived. Have you any advice for me?'

He chewed thoughtfully on his pipe for a few moments.

'Duck,' he said.

*collapses in laughter*

Amazing, to find such humor in the midst of so much pain. The dichotomy is part of what I like so much about this story.

More on that once I've finished it. )
Ashfae chapter 11 . 5/10/2003
This is breaking my heart, but it's phenomenal.
RavenLady chapter 22 . 4/26/2003
I love this story! It's so funny and

heartrending and touching all at once.
cutemara chapter 22 . 4/15/2003
That was a very interesting turn of events!
Samskid chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Thank you so very much for this wonderful story. I am in love with your Faramir. Why can't I find someone like him. Please continue to to further enrich us all with your talent.
Vera chapter 7 . 3/26/2003
Holy shit. This story is awesome! I am practically glued to my computer screen. Wow!
acacia chapter 22 . 2/24/2003
I did review this today on Henneth Annun, so I don't want to sound repititive, but just want to make sure.

This was truly a beautiful story, and both times I've read it, I read it one go. The characterisation is excellent, so is the writing style, basically everything's excellent! Faramir and eowyn were two of the most interesting characters in LOTR so to see their relationaship being explored beyond the books and so beautifully is terrific.

I do hope you continue writing!
ola chapter 3 . 2/23/2003
oh faramir ( i hope he'll get better
ola chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
hee hee. very cute story )

will read the rest some other time (it's quite late, and i'm starting to see a very blurry screan). lol, i like hte way you portray faramir )
Siberia1 chapter 22 . 2/18/2003
Dear Altariel,

Wow. That's all I can say. I am totally speechless. Your story has to be the best Faramir/Eowyn fan fic EVER written. It is my absolute favourite. I couldn't stop reading it, and I must have spent hours and hours just staring at the computer screen, dying to know what happens next.

Everything that Eowyn and Faramir go through seems so real. The language you use is simply beautiful. Your grasp of the characters is impeccable, and I love your attention to detail. The emotions I feel as I go through the chapters are very intense and powerful. I become completely enraptured in this universe you've created.

When I read this, I sometimes wonder what the hell am I doing writing F/E stories when you have said everything that needs to be said about this handsome couple. My fan fics are total crap compared to yours.

I worship you as a writer, Altariel. I would kiss the ground you walk on. You are the unquestioned Goddess of Fan Fiction. I bow to your power of your words. Please continue to shame us all.

Sincerely,

Siberia

P.S. I hope I didn't sound like a crazed, obsessive maniac in that last paragraph. I am simply in awe of your skills. :)
Lirenel chapter 22 . 2/13/2003
Aw! How swet! THis was so well written and so emotional that I couldn't stop reading it to even go to bed! You really showed the trials and tribulations of marriage and I love the total mush at the end. I am very very very glad that everything worked out well for everyone! The whole time Eowyn and Faramir were arguing I kept yelling at the computer that they had to get back together or I would have heart failure! Keep writing!
Kittylace chapter 7 . 1/26/2003
wow, ive only just started reading, but wow.

Kittylace
Ashe3 chapter 21 . 1/13/2003
Don't know what else to say that's not been said yet but wish to convey to you that I found this story absolutly wonderful, the emotions so real. Thank you for the excellent story, and in having the imagination to not make this an *easy* fic, with all kisses and giggles, and I look forward to your future works.
454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »