Reviews for A Game of Chess
ally chapter 14 . 3/24/2004
Finally! Geez, faramir is too stubborn and he finally get the hint to write first...ugh...what took him so long!
ally chapter 10 . 3/23/2004
Ugh, MASSIVE pulling of the heartstrings...why are they so unhappy and so stubburn? ARGH! They try the patience of a million elves...great story tho, I did not expect a fairy tale of love and I suppose this is much more truthful.
Music2084 chapter 22 . 3/22/2004
this was a great story...i really enjoy reading it
Jenn chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
I actually printed off this story because I wanted to read it so bad but my back was getting sore sitting at the computer...so I did...all 70 pages...and it was worth it!
Mango13 chapter 22 . 3/8/2004
'And father spent so long doing that and it was so terrible that it made him too ill to fight any more. Which means he stays at home instead.'
Ah, kids these days. They are so very smart. What Morwen said is basically the whole of Faramir's story in a nutshell :)
Wow, thank you for writing such an original and thought-provoking story, even though it broke my heart a few times along the way. I still wail "It's so sad!" every other minute... I honestly think Faramir is naturally tragic. Even he himself admits it here! But it makes everything so ... rich, no? I love Eowyn here. She is like she is in the books: Strong, wise and valiant. It helps that she has wit too :). I always imagined her to be strong (to a fault) and very pragmatic. I bet she's the only person who can snap Faramir back into reality when he's in those "moods". Formidable woman indeed.
Ah, the love of Faramir and Eowyn should be in songs! I wonder if Morwen will see to that...
Once again I am very glad that you handled such a canon coupling so well, and with such finesse! This story will definitely be saved in my PC.
Mango13 chapter 19 . 3/8/2004
*nods in satisfaction*
Ah, finally: confession, understanding and lurve. Those two always like to kiss in public for some reason ... XD Why do they have to be so uptight with each other for so long? Ah, but I understand-after all they've been through. It /was/ sort of frustrating though, to see them doing their dance even though they could've just called it a day and broke down... Well. I almost tore my hair out! But tis very good that they are back (?) together again (?)
Mango13 chapter 15 . 3/8/2004
*imagines berating Faramir and Eowyn*
Gah! Would you two please please PLEASE make up? When will you two break down and actually TELL each other that you STILL LOVE EACH OTHER? Huh? HUH? Break down, kiss passionately, make wild wanton make-up love and BE HAPPY for once! Live in bliss happily forever after! Is it so hard? ARGGH! *tears hair*
Mango13 chapter 12 . 3/8/2004
*sniff* I never read a romance story anything like THIS. Eowyn and Faramir seems so fragile...and so forlorn. Their love is so touching but I think also their quarrels also give great insight into marriage. I did not know marriage would be THIS hard.
This story is the only one able to break my heart with such gentle ease. I would wail out to my family "This is so sad!" every few minutes, confirming to them that I am really crazy. Yep. There is something tragic to Faramir in the books, and I am very pleased that you were able to bring out that side of him so very well here (especially Little Faramir). There is something so bittersweet about a man who tries to love his father, and does not, actually, resent his more favored brother. So sad!
Axa chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
Oh. This is a really good Eowyn/Faramir fic. :sigh: I love them as a couple. :gets all dreamy: Huh? Oh yeah. Well that's all I wanted to say.
P/S: Who else wishes the Houses of Healing scenes were in the movie?
athelas63 chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
Hi - I just found your story on . I really liked it - not because it is happy - geez, it is not! but because it made sense - I could see how a gentle soul like Faramir would eventually reach a breaking point, and then not be able to admit it, etc. etc. - well, you can see - I really enjoyed it. Write lots more!
Mollyw0bbles chapter 21 . 2/21/2004
I read this ages ago on Henneth-Annun, its the best I've read so far anywhere so I'm just here to add it to my fave story list!
x~Earwen~x
Grav chapter 21 . 2/12/2004
I knew everything was going to be fine when they mocked his Rohirric. A little continuity goes a long way.
This has been a fantastic story. I laughed, I cried, I was overcome with frustration and pity, I cried, and then I laughed again. It was a perfect arc, and I enjoyed every minute of it, even the ones that broke my heart.
Your Imrahil, Eomer, Aragorn and Arwen were fabulously done. I particularly enjoyed Imrahil, and his reflections on Denethor and Finduilas.
Your Eowyn was also fantastic. She had a heck of a trip in this story, one that I think could well have happened in "real life". You've managed to tkae her fairy-tale ending from RotK, mix in a little realism, and come out the end with an ending that, while still happy, is iminently more satisfying (ie. No taming, thank you!)
And of course I come now to Faramir. And it is precisely here where words fail me. He was perfect. His indecision, his regret, his issues, his fears, his strength, all of him was captured so well. You've had him transcend being a three dimensional character to being a CHARACTER, one that has equal ability to break and mend hearts. He was wonderful.
This story was fantastic. A pleasure to read, even when it wasn't (if that makes any sense at all), and it has given me many things to think about.
Grav chapter 20 . 2/12/2004
e!
I don't do that very often in LotR stories, but there it is. I love it. I love the apples, the sleeping arrangements, the rain, the Queen, everything.
Off to finish!
Grav chapter 19 . 2/12/2004
I am hopping on the new memory train. Three cheers for continuity! I am quite happy now, and i want ot read the rest so I'll just say that everything rocked and head for chapter 20.
Grav chapter 18 . 2/12/2004
Getting the ghosts out! I am so excited! I hope they can stay together soon. . .
They're making up! I am going to get a happy end (I hope!).
454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »