Reviews for Rules of Engagement
Giggles149 chapter 26 . 11/24/2014
I really really liked Louisa right up until she made the comment about honouring your father despite hearing from Tony about him being left alone in Maui for 2 days when he was 12. I struggle to see any adult under the age of 60 making such an offensive comment without knowing the full situation. At this point she really had no idea what life as a child was like for Tony. Its not like adults who were abused as children walk around with a note attached to them. After that bit I struggled getting back into the story and liking her. I suspect it really showed her sheltered life in some way. Thank you for sharing your story. It is very well written and I suspect that my strong dislike for her at the end is a reflection of how well I liked her before and how real she seemed. You are a very good writer to cause such emotions within your readers.
USAFChief chapter 26 . 8/19/2011
A little mushy there at the end for me, but still it was well written. I have enjoyed this story very much. I believe you wrote it mainly for yourself - to release your creative juices. But I am so glad you allowed an audience to participate and enjoy your labors along with you. You have a great deal of talent, and I look forward to reading more from you in the future. I may even have to take a look at your live journal and see if there is something there not posted here. *smile*

Thanks once again for posting this for us to read.

Best regards,

USAFChief chapter 24 . 8/19/2011
I am aware that you never expected a male reader and I suspect you have felt some trepidation about my reading this chapter. It may be your first foray into erotica, but it was fully successful. You held my attention throughout and I completely enjoyed reading it. The only deviation that I would make is that I would have had Tony make a hobbling trip to the toilet and then try to keep the noise down as he relieved his bladder. Another means to reach full domestication with the one he loves, cause you just know she'll have a positive reaction to bodily functions.

I applaud you. Very good job.

USAFChief chapter 21 . 8/19/2011
I've decided that I won't try to review every chapter the rest of the way, but this one grabbed me. I mentioned in an earlier post how the "essence" of "the one" grabs and holds on. You have caught the next level of that interaction - complete honesty in conversation. It comes as a complete revelation to the introverted person who experiences it for the first time. It is as if a spigot has been turned on that one didn't know existed.

Wonderful, wonderful.

Thanks for posting.

USAFChief chapter 19 . 8/19/2011
Good job on this chapter. Lots going on and you've got it all covered.

USAFChief chapter 18 . 8/18/2011
Actually, the fight scene was pretty well done. The major problem with it from my perspective is that there is not enough power from a .22 caliber bullet to knock a person wearing a vest down. Now a .223 millimeter would be a different matter, but I don't know of a .223 mm pistol. Anyway, I've been standing beside a person who was shot in the shoulder with a .22 caliber and he didn't even flinch until it began to hurt a few seconds later. (This was when I was a teenager, so it was long ago.)

Jessup must be pretty good to get as far as she did with these guys.

USAFChief chapter 17 . 8/18/2011
When they make up it will be even sweeter for the misery they feel now.

USAFChief chapter 16 . 8/18/2011
Well, now, I'm very glad that in your world Ziva has opened up to Tony. And, for me, it is perfect TIVA. Respect will grow from it and they will be a stronger team for it.

Very good.

USAFChief chapter 15 . 8/18/2011
Yes, I guess we will find out as we move forward.

I'm still liking this - a lot.

USAFChief chapter 14 . 8/18/2011
More fluff - but it makes me smile. You've got these folks doing and saying just the right things.

His mom! Should have known.

USAFChief chapter 13 . 8/18/2011
Nothing out of place (not even the Stanley Cup). Great conversations. Moving right along. I like it a lot.

USAFChief chapter 12 . 8/18/2011
Okay - good fluff. You've got it all going on in this one.

Excellent conversation and the two of them, while anxious with their attraction, are very at ease with each other.

USAFChief chapter 11 . 8/18/2011
Whew! Fast paced resolution for Louisa - but there are several more chapters so obviously there is a great deal more to come. And I'll gladly go alone for the rest of the ride.

I'm as much enamored of a TIVA relationship as other fans are, but you are weaving a wonderful story.

Thanks for posting this. What's really wonderful for me is that I didn't have to wait through all your real life problems to get a new chapter. Don't mean to belittle your problems, but I'm one of those "me first" kinda guys when there's a good story going.

USAFChief chapter 10 . 8/18/2011
Very good.

Moving right along. Your portrait of a mesmerized Tony is excellent.

USAFChief chapter 9 . 8/18/2011
I enjoyed this chapter a great deal. We have a female cat we call Whiskers - black and white Norwegian Forest Cat. And that's the image I've had in my mind, so when you described Louisa's whiskers as an orange tabby it caught me a bit off guard and I had to go back and rethink the whole sequence of their meeting. Oh, well.

You used the sense of smell to great advantage in this chapter as well as the sense of taste. You had my mouth watering and my nose twitching. Really good stuff going on here in your writing.

"It was her. Something... something in her eyes. The look of her. The scent of her. The essence of her." Many people never understand this. Hold yourself fortunate that you understand the difference in a male's response to an attractive woman and to one to which he is inexplicably drawn. And "essence" is the very best description for it.

This is the best chapter yet. Well laid out. Highly descriptive. Use of smell and taste to good advantage. Inclusion of as many characters and their foibles as you could. Keeps me moving forward looking for more good stuff.

Thanks for posting this.