Reviews for Hermione's Guide to Newfound Sorcery
Slytherin Princess34 chapter 20 . 10/18/2014
This story was beautiful.
elleminnowpee chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
I'm already hooked
Trace Reading chapter 2 . 6/17/2014
It's spelled prophecy, not prophesy. To prophesy means to foretell the future. A prophecy is the words spoken during such an event.
at-nightfall chapter 3 . 6/14/2014
It is a very strange, different and therefore interesting story to me.

There are several background problems with chapter three:
You are in the UK, not in the US:
- you are allowed to buy beer and wine at age 16 in the UK. You are allowed to drive a car at age 18 in the UK.
- it is in the middle of the 1990es. The UK was in a deep depression at that time. For Hermione getting a car for her birthday, even if it was her 18th her parents would have to be really rich, not upper middle class. It could even be considered thumping your nose towards the neighbors and the other students.
- a Jeep Cherokee is an overly large car for the UK. It would be suitable only as a farming vehicle or for regularly dragging trailers. A Mini or a small Vauxhall would be more suitable for driving in the UK. A lot of the smaller roads in the UK are very narrow, and large cars have trouble passing each other. A car with 2l engine displacement would be considered a large car in the UK.
- Hermione would not be allowed to go to school by car. That is generally not allowed in most of Europe. There is no space for student parking near schools. There often isn't enough space for teacher parking near schools. You go by bus, train, underground, bicycle or walk to school. University students are not allowed to keep cars in Oxford and Cambridge; there is not enough space for cars there.
- you generally do not go by car in London, if you can avoid it. You use the underground or a bus. Think New York.
- No Cheerleaders in UK schools.
Sorasdream chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
Sounds interesting so far!
daniella2cool chapter 17 . 4/29/2014
She walks in to her best friend half naked on top of him and all he has to say is it was never her and she screws him instantly thix fic sucks I actually threw something you made her pathetic she is a virgin and he gets to sleep with everythinb that moves whzt the hell is that about terdible!
Ima Braxton chapter 20 . 2/24/2014
This was really good! I loved it...
theaceoffire chapter 19 . 2/7/2014
Ok, I enjoyed this story to certain extent UP TILL THIS POINT.

And it is mostly because this part of the story sort of implies that Moony is a Death Eater.

"Oh, you love each other! Better drop you off (Girl with 3-7 months of random spell training) into a VOLCANO with NO BACKUP. Not even a portkey to get out, or get some fake robes so we look like we are death eaters, or anything."

Somehow, Harry Potter being raised by Sirius seems to have made him care LESS about him. Sirius let him go alone!? Or did Moony find out, and tell NO ONE but the one girl that Voldemort was looking for? Again, seems very death-eaterish.

If I had to rate this story on a scale of 0-10, I would give it a solid 7. The characters are pretty well done, with some major character flaws here and there (Harry, after only a few hours after Hermione almost got kidnapped: Grocery shopping with girl I like? NOT IF I CAN WATCH TV!).

I felt Ron was well done, and Ginny had some zing to her that was well portrayed. The world itself held up but had a couple of major holes (YOU TWO ARE VERY VERY IMPORTANT... wards? what are wards? Meh, do them yourself, whenever. Fidelus on your house? Nah, we order are very busy not doing anything right now.)

Overall, I think this story has some real potential. Without Harry's tragic (and non-magic) past though, I feel like it might as well be Auther Weasly for a good chunk of the story (OOO a toaster!), but the tension in several spots was very well done, and the slightly vapid best friend was well built character with believable flaws. I think the drawing aspect was a very nice touch, and added depth to her character and a great connection aspect. Wish she could have seen Harry fly once though, so she could see what HE loves as well. Really well handled height phobia though, many people just laugh it off in the fiction.
Engrprince chapter 20 . 12/30/2013
I loved it One more chapter for closure. one of the best I have read
Hobbyfarmer chapter 20 . 12/30/2013
Great Great story. The only critique I have is it needed a better explanation of how Voldemort died.
Engrprince chapter 18 . 12/30/2013
After reading some fo the reviews I was scared of this chaopter. Mostly because I am a sap. But it was great and had a very realistic fell to it thank you
Engrprince chapter 15 . 12/30/2013
I love this story. It has me so enraptured that i have not reviewed. Poor Harry and Hermione they just can't get through to each other without interruption. Great job :)
lyaser53 chapter 20 . 8/27/2013
Great stuff...I enjoyed it!
BillBrink chapter 16 . 8/1/2013
They didn't send the captured death eaters to prison?!
BillBrink chapter 13 . 8/1/2013
Two things bother me about the story thus far; 1, The Order is surprised when a death eater shows up at Hr's door when Voldy obviously already knew 9 months previous where she lived (Draco picked her up for several dates there in addition) but they can't send anyone with experience to set up wards, and 2, Her not falling in love with Draco is vitally important but they do nothing to guard her against love potions or spells. I've already suspended disbelief about reasons they wouldn't have had H and Hr together years before this. In addition Draco seems to be another person. It doesn't seem to fit with his personality that he would have had Hr all to himself and not made a move on her until Harry shows up.