Reviews for Hermione's Guide to Newfound Sorcery
BillBrink chapter 20 . 12/23/2015
Second time, enjoyed it as much as the first. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Anderfail chapter 7 . 7/26/2015
Looks like Hermione came to her senses here while Harry laid it all out. Hopefully she continues to understand the severity of the situation.
Anderfail chapter 6 . 7/26/2015
Why doesn't Harry just tell her that if she falls in love with Draco that they, including her parents, will all die a painful and horrific death? I mean I understand teenage girls are enormous morons at times when it comes to liking certain types of boys, but come on this should not be difficult. Go get Dumbledore's pensieve, put all memories of Draco Malfoy and Lucius Malfoy in there, show her memories of Voldemort's Death Eaters murdering people, etc. Would it traumatize her? Possibly, but she will get over it. They do not have time to wait and play dumb teenage love games when the fate of the world is at stake. Harry is being a complete dumbass here and Hermione is behaving like an idiot girl for somehow believing that her parents are lying to her about this crap. Jesus Christ, I would be fucking livid if my daughter showed me that level of disrespect by acting like I was insane. This is not Hermione being stubborn, this is her outright distrusting them.

I get whar you're going for here with the conflict between Draco and Harry, but there are so many better and faster ways of solving this problem that I can't help but think that everyone is an idiot. Sure it's canon that they all act like they have brain damage, but it is annoying as hell.
oghren chapter 20 . 6/5/2015
Such a wonderful story that I loved reading every minute of so thank you for wiring something so good. I only wish you did write an epilogue for it but still it was an amazing story.
Slytherin Princess34 chapter 20 . 10/18/2014
This story was beautiful.
elleminnowpee chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
I'm already hooked
Trace Reading chapter 2 . 6/17/2014
It's spelled prophecy, not prophesy. To prophesy means to foretell the future. A prophecy is the words spoken during such an event.
at-nightfall chapter 3 . 6/14/2014
It is a very strange, different and therefore interesting story to me.

There are several background problems with chapter three:
You are in the UK, not in the US:
- you are allowed to buy beer and wine at age 16 in the UK. You are allowed to drive a car at age 18 in the UK.
- it is in the middle of the 1990es. The UK was in a deep depression at that time. For Hermione getting a car for her birthday, even if it was her 18th her parents would have to be really rich, not upper middle class. It could even be considered thumping your nose towards the neighbors and the other students.
- a Jeep Cherokee is an overly large car for the UK. It would be suitable only as a farming vehicle or for regularly dragging trailers. A Mini or a small Vauxhall would be more suitable for driving in the UK. A lot of the smaller roads in the UK are very narrow, and large cars have trouble passing each other. A car with 2l engine displacement would be considered a large car in the UK.
- Hermione would not be allowed to go to school by car. That is generally not allowed in most of Europe. There is no space for student parking near schools. There often isn't enough space for teacher parking near schools. You go by bus, train, underground, bicycle or walk to school. University students are not allowed to keep cars in Oxford and Cambridge; there is not enough space for cars there.
- you generally do not go by car in London, if you can avoid it. You use the underground or a bus. Think New York.
- No Cheerleaders in UK schools.
Sorasdream chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
Sounds interesting so far!
daniella2cool chapter 17 . 4/29/2014
She walks in to her best friend half naked on top of him and all he has to say is it was never her and she screws him instantly thix fic sucks I actually threw something you made her pathetic she is a virgin and he gets to sleep with everythinb that moves whzt the hell is that about terdible!
Anna Alexis chapter 20 . 2/24/2014
This was really good! I loved it...
theaceoffire chapter 19 . 2/7/2014
Ok, I enjoyed this story to certain extent UP TILL THIS POINT.

And it is mostly because this part of the story sort of implies that Moony is a Death Eater.

"Oh, you love each other! Better drop you off (Girl with 3-7 months of random spell training) into a VOLCANO with NO BACKUP. Not even a portkey to get out, or get some fake robes so we look like we are death eaters, or anything."

Somehow, Harry Potter being raised by Sirius seems to have made him care LESS about him. Sirius let him go alone!? Or did Moony find out, and tell NO ONE but the one girl that Voldemort was looking for? Again, seems very death-eaterish.

If I had to rate this story on a scale of 0-10, I would give it a solid 7. The characters are pretty well done, with some major character flaws here and there (Harry, after only a few hours after Hermione almost got kidnapped: Grocery shopping with girl I like? NOT IF I CAN WATCH TV!).

I felt Ron was well done, and Ginny had some zing to her that was well portrayed. The world itself held up but had a couple of major holes (YOU TWO ARE VERY VERY IMPORTANT... wards? what are wards? Meh, do them yourself, whenever. Fidelus on your house? Nah, we order are very busy not doing anything right now.)

Overall, I think this story has some real potential. Without Harry's tragic (and non-magic) past though, I feel like it might as well be Auther Weasly for a good chunk of the story (OOO a toaster!), but the tension in several spots was very well done, and the slightly vapid best friend was well built character with believable flaws. I think the drawing aspect was a very nice touch, and added depth to her character and a great connection aspect. Wish she could have seen Harry fly once though, so she could see what HE loves as well. Really well handled height phobia though, many people just laugh it off in the fiction.
Engrprince chapter 20 . 12/30/2013
I loved it One more chapter for closure. one of the best I have read
Hobbyfarmer chapter 20 . 12/30/2013
Great Great story. The only critique I have is it needed a better explanation of how Voldemort died.
Engrprince chapter 18 . 12/30/2013
After reading some fo the reviews I was scared of this chaopter. Mostly because I am a sap. But it was great and had a very realistic fell to it thank you