Reviews for Sweet Talk
edward-n-bella-fr-eternity1207 chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Beautiful
purelyamuse chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I'm a sad, sweaty, planless, moveless, mojoless bastard.

I'm happy to amuse the father of the girl I'm eager to molest.

Fabulous quotes here and yammer is a great word. I cNt believe she thought be was gay, so funny! I liked his plan. It seemed to work out well-good for them.
Charlotte Crandall chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
What an adorable story. I love the "No talking" solution.
k1942 chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
No two ways about it, my dear, this little story of yours definetly made me smile, not to mention laugh out loud a time or two! Thank you so much!
Darkward Darling chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
"My happy rejects cool like water rejects oil." Love it!
Annonynmous chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
I think this should not just be a was really good and hilarious :D
reve2weaver chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
I want to coo at you like Mrs Cope because I really liked this one-shot but I didn't see that coming. Normally I would drive on by something so fluffy looking, like something not moving on the side of the road. Now I know this is a writer who can tell a story, so I slow down and have a gander. Wow. It lives! I would hold this up as the breathing example of how to write a T fic romance and still make it immensely satisfying... and oddly cuddly.

I love that Edward's inner monologue delivers equal amounts of 'this is who I am' and 'this is who I am when I have no clue what I am doing'. It makes him so charmingly funny and earnest in near lethal levels. The drive over monologue with sweaty hands and the landlines to his lower anatomy are only topped by his painful awareness of Chief Swan's assessments of him. (I swear I could hear Chuck's mirthless chuckle beneath that bushy lip warmer.) Best of all, where this moment of true love revealed could now safely coast to the end with an easy hit, another surprise is in store. This declaration is defiantly, eloquently, silent. Loved how it was intense and yet, still had a lightness to it. Lovely.
hallelujahbaby chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Perfect.
BabyLovinCullen chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Aw... That was so cute! I absolutely loved it!
bornagoof chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Awww.

Shut up or I'll Kiss You! He's right, that was a stroke of genius.

Great one-shut, cute and funny.
MJo Darcy chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Oh, god. I completely LOVED your story and laughed like a maniatic with it ;)
ScottishRose1028 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
This was the sweetest little story, I just had a big ol' sappy grin on my face the whole time! :-) I loved how you wrote Edward's lack of "mojo", his self-depreciation was so cute. *hugs*
mimi53 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Thank you for writing and sharing this sweet story!
kimpy chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Oh, Nina, I just discovered the joy of your one-shots! I should have deduced that they would be completely full of win, based upon my past experience with TPAP, but I was somehow uniquely unprepared for their absolute perfection.

You see, the thing about your writing is that it presents characters who are kind, thoughtful, good, funny, and intelligent. Your good guys are earnestly good, and your heroines deserve the heroes who stumble unexpectedly into their lives.

I've been hesitant to read other stories by you. I know this sounds silly, but please, let me explain my incredibly hare-brained brain. You see, sometimes, you read something that is so good, so enjoyable, you are certain it cannot be topped. TPAP is seriously as wickedly funny and sweet as writing gets. How could anything possibly be any better than that? So, instead of being brave and spontaneous, I do things like reread TPAP. It's craziness, I know, but that's simply my baseline. There you have it; I'm too old to change my ways now.

I love that, despite being a tad on the geek/intelligent side, your characters always seem to get what they deserve. The brand of love you peddle is one that I want. I will subscribe, wholeheartedly. Your characters are real and smart and just so, so endearing. Misunderstandings and what they believe to be a mass inequity of love (always on their part, assuming that they alone are the ones pining over the person who actually pines for them) rule the day. There's nothing better for a tired, weary soul than your stories.

One of my patients died Monday afternoon. I had taken care of her, off and on, for months. She has been far more ill in previous months than she was on Sunday night. Something seemed off, little niggling things were happening that just didn't add up. It was a strange sort of puzzle that was missing half the pieces; I even made the resident get out of bed and come in to physically look at the patient, and he told me, "Yeah, this is what she does." I left that morning, shrugging my shoulders, assuming the docs would figure it out. When I awoke, there was a message on my answering machine. The patient died, suddenly and unexpectedly. I can usually handle these things with a detached stiff upper lip, but not this one. I was convinced I had done something wrong, failed to see some sign that should have made her condition glaringly obvious. I felt positively haunted by her, that I had somehow let her down. I know in my mind that I did everything I could have with the puzzle pieces I was given, but my heart remained unconvinced. That's the trickiest part, you see-the heart. It knows things the mind doesn't. It's the same with your characters-their hearts overrule their minds, and a lovely, synchronous chemistry results.

So, when my mind was failing to communicate with my heart, what did I do? I sought refuge in your stories. It's the one absolutely sure place I can go to find that respite, that happy place I need so desperately to find. I was all set to reread TPAP, and I thought, "You know what? Try a one-shot. You're tired, you can read it in one sitting." I did just that, and one one-shot turned into two, turned into three. By the time I was finished, my heart felt lighter, and my mind was free enough that it wouldn't plague me with nightmares about dying patients (you see, if you don't cry and process it in the conscious world, your subconscious is always there to remind you that the gunk needs to come out, one way or another).

I slept soundly, without nightmares, Monday night. Thank you for the refuge you give me via your stories. I know where my happy place is, and it is always where I can see the name "WriteOnTime."
m thompson chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
i really enjoyed this little story :0)
127 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »