Reviews for Sweet Talk
mimi53 chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Thank you for writing and sharing this sweet story!
kimpy chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Oh, Nina, I just discovered the joy of your one-shots! I should have deduced that they would be completely full of win, based upon my past experience with TPAP, but I was somehow uniquely unprepared for their absolute perfection.

You see, the thing about your writing is that it presents characters who are kind, thoughtful, good, funny, and intelligent. Your good guys are earnestly good, and your heroines deserve the heroes who stumble unexpectedly into their lives.

I've been hesitant to read other stories by you. I know this sounds silly, but please, let me explain my incredibly hare-brained brain. You see, sometimes, you read something that is so good, so enjoyable, you are certain it cannot be topped. TPAP is seriously as wickedly funny and sweet as writing gets. How could anything possibly be any better than that? So, instead of being brave and spontaneous, I do things like reread TPAP. It's craziness, I know, but that's simply my baseline. There you have it; I'm too old to change my ways now.

I love that, despite being a tad on the geek/intelligent side, your characters always seem to get what they deserve. The brand of love you peddle is one that I want. I will subscribe, wholeheartedly. Your characters are real and smart and just so, so endearing. Misunderstandings and what they believe to be a mass inequity of love (always on their part, assuming that they alone are the ones pining over the person who actually pines for them) rule the day. There's nothing better for a tired, weary soul than your stories.

One of my patients died Monday afternoon. I had taken care of her, off and on, for months. She has been far more ill in previous months than she was on Sunday night. Something seemed off, little niggling things were happening that just didn't add up. It was a strange sort of puzzle that was missing half the pieces; I even made the resident get out of bed and come in to physically look at the patient, and he told me, "Yeah, this is what she does." I left that morning, shrugging my shoulders, assuming the docs would figure it out. When I awoke, there was a message on my answering machine. The patient died, suddenly and unexpectedly. I can usually handle these things with a detached stiff upper lip, but not this one. I was convinced I had done something wrong, failed to see some sign that should have made her condition glaringly obvious. I felt positively haunted by her, that I had somehow let her down. I know in my mind that I did everything I could have with the puzzle pieces I was given, but my heart remained unconvinced. That's the trickiest part, you see-the heart. It knows things the mind doesn't. It's the same with your characters-their hearts overrule their minds, and a lovely, synchronous chemistry results.

So, when my mind was failing to communicate with my heart, what did I do? I sought refuge in your stories. It's the one absolutely sure place I can go to find that respite, that happy place I need so desperately to find. I was all set to reread TPAP, and I thought, "You know what? Try a one-shot. You're tired, you can read it in one sitting." I did just that, and one one-shot turned into two, turned into three. By the time I was finished, my heart felt lighter, and my mind was free enough that it wouldn't plague me with nightmares about dying patients (you see, if you don't cry and process it in the conscious world, your subconscious is always there to remind you that the gunk needs to come out, one way or another).

I slept soundly, without nightmares, Monday night. Thank you for the refuge you give me via your stories. I know where my happy place is, and it is always where I can see the name "WriteOnTime."
m thompson chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
i really enjoyed this little story :0)
Pammie94 chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
That was, indeed, incredibly sweet! Really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!
huffy24 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Another super sweet little story. I really like the way you write! )
mommymac0508 chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I loved it so funny and really sweet
yumali8di chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Awww;-) this was so cute.
winniecookie chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I'm clearly hanging out with the wrong people because NOBODY I know remembers the Banana Splits. I loved that show! Moving on...

I'm going to remember this the next time someone makes fun of my handwriting:

"Her handwriting was small and cramped, making everything she wrote seem like a closely-guarded secret."

edward had me laughing out loud. I remember going "super nova" myself. Good times.
HRHLadyEsme chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I have NO IDEA how I missed this one, but I love it! Awesome job, and so cute!
LaTiDo chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
SO ADORABLE! I LOVED THAT! you can def continue that! but im not pushing, of course.
sophie921 chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
It was charming, but it was also funny. Some of the things you wrote were seriously off the wall...Derby...Bwahhahaha
Twiber chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I was all like 'AWWWW' it was great
mellicious secret chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Aaaw. What a cute little one-shot. These two are adorable! This story put a smile on my face :)
TwiloveSue chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Oh... that was so sweet! It was like the perfect little pick-me-up for eating lunch at my desk. And, it has the added bonus of being smut free, which is actually a good thing when I'm at work (cause who knows when that is going to eventually bite me in the ass- ha ha). Thanks, I really enjoyed it!
sonia chapter 1 . 8/6/2010