Reviews for Sweet Talk
Sheeijan chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This was so sweet. I liked so many little details here, I can't even begin to list them all. Probably one of my favorites though was how Mike wasn't a bad guy, and the comparison with Patton. And Edward's thoughts/fears of Charlie was hilarious. Those are the moments policemen the world over live for, I bet.

Thanks for writing and sharing with us!
gossip-bangkok chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
That is cute!

Especially the hook up scene :p

Love it

culleni42 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
pls update soon
imbatnan chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I don't know where this came from (it's June, not February and I just got the alert), but I don't care - it's brilliant, as usual, Nina. So much delicious goodness in one leetle O/S:

"Christ, get a load of Luna Lovegood over there," she winced. "Her monobrow makes me want to cry a little."

Fabulous shorthand! I totally see her. AND Alice.

"She's already been hit on by the best our school has to offer."

His whole internal tirade is sweet and honest, but this line just spells out his forlorn, teenage awkward insecurity in flashing colored lights.

Wait - what? They remade P&P AGAIN? How did I miss that? I had to look it up. Oh, riiiight, KEIRA KNIGHTLEY AS LIZZIE, THAT'S HOW. She's best with Orlando Bloom, as part of the window dressing for the Cap'n, not doing Austen. She could NEVER hold the interest of the REAL Mr. Darcy (er, Colin Firth of course).

Oh - sorry! Lost it for a moment. Back to the 'shipping:

"So here I am, pulling up to the curb in front of her house with my sweaty hands and my complete lack of a plan. And my complete lack of mojo. I'm a sad, sweaty, planless, moveless, mojoless bastard."

This is classic W.O.T. Edward-speak. While all of your Edwards are distinctly unique characters, they all seem to have the same endearing habit of summing up their mental handwringing. (Maybe not Tapward so much, but I think he does, too - we just don't see inside his head as often.) It's sweet and clever and kind of your signature. Or one of them. 3

"Edward Cullen. I know where you live. Remember that, son."

"...of course you do. I'm not moving," has to be the most hilarious response to this statement ever.

"She snorts softly in response, and then whispers "Hopeless" at the same moment I mutter "Moron". We follow up that duet by saying "What?" at the same time, and then we each laugh nervously as an encore."

AWWW! Why is it that when YOU write it, it DOESN'T sound like a corny exchange from a Disney movie? (Jasmine & Aladdin "sometimes you just feel so...trapped.")

Reading this twice made it even better - once I knew that Bella thinks he's gay, her lines aren't just awkward, they're heartbreaking. I'm so glad this one had a happy ending!

"Even the Shut Up Plan isn't that good." definitely belongs on a T-shirt. Or at least an icon. Definitely an icon...wait and see.

Okay, two icons: "Stupid sister's boyfriend, wasting my shut-up time with this nonsense."

You're killing me! THREE icons: "My happy rejects cool like water rejects oil."

Another great one. THANKS!
Scarlett72 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Wonderful! I always know when I see your name that I have a treat ahead. You never disappoint. This was fun. Thank you.
DarkBitterSea chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I call them unibrows. Do you write stories that feature holidays far away because of your pen name?
Cullenosopy chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Fluffernutter? Had to look that one up. Low hanging fruit? Good. Kids-meal-sized sister. Ditto.

The gay thing caught me off guard, very funeeeee. Friggin Luna.
MtAiryGrl chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Win!
revrag chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Awww. That was really sweet and charming. I laughed out loud a few times too, especially when Alice made that comment about Darcy. I even snorted. Hilarious.

Nice work!
interested party chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
SO PRECIOUS! What a darling story. Loved that she thought he was gay - too hilarious. Love that he is completely oblivious to other girls being interested. Love his no-talk plan SO much! Adorable story.
Britt01 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This is so cute - what a great idea, the no talking thing! "The Guy Who's Probably Gay and The Girl Who Turns Down Every Date are a couple. We're two social wrongs making one pretty fantastic right." Best lines in forever!
sscana chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
That story was just adorable. I loved it. Thanks.
cvds chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Loved it!
cullencrazed2 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Okay, that was absolutely the funniest, sweetest, cutest thing I've read in a long, long time. Bravo! Thanks for a o/s that puts the full length story I just read to shame. Best 30 minutes I've spent in FOREVER! I had to reread every adorable word.
xbrightsidex chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
I love when you write EPOV, especially when he's AwkWard. Though you write CockyWard brilliantly, as well. Awesome, as always.

(This is my continued attempt to be less of a lazy slag, since you threaten to punch me when I call myself that. I'll return with the next item you post, which I hope is the next chapter of Breaking News ::winkwink::)

:D