Reviews for Let's Dance, Buttercup
Luke Danger chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
Only one question:

Why were they not wearing cups? I mean, you'd figure that given its a full "this is how far you've come", it'd probably be a good idea to have full safety gear :p

Otherwise, a nice little read for not diving into slash but being hilarious.
varon chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
You had me at the first paragraph (especially with "By looking at them no one would be able to tell that it was a gulf of decades" - brilliant use of phrases). Elegant use of words for the descriptions of actions and characterization. You said so much in such a short fic - it had the perfect blend of the funny, the realistic, the descriptive, the romantic. Your narrative tone would shift at the right moment, and all throughout this story it never let go the reader off the hook of your first sentence. _

Oh, and I love that Pepper bet against Tony, haha. Also, your Steve is soo adorable. I'm craving for more fics on him, and this delivered nicely. Thank you for posting!
gabrador chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
This was one of the first stories I had ever read on .

And I think it will remain the #1 fanfiction of all time, in my book.

I love your Avengers fanfictions, you are an excellent author, all of your work is brilliant! :D thank you so much!
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Nice work on this.
Portrait of a Scribe chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I feel sorry for Cap. I'm a girl, and I've been kicked there before, and it's definitely not fun. I can only imagine what it's like for guys. Slight sympathy for Tony getting his face pounded in, but he kind of deserved it. And Pepper's right: Good manners NEVER go out of style. ;) Nicely done.
Indigo1100 chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Nice story! I'd say Pepper was my favorite part, expression (or lack thereof) and shoes and all, but then also everyone's thoughts on Tony 'needing' it, and Cap giving advice of sorts in progress, and the fair play thing with the protection (nice thing there- Tony takes it off because he's loosing his temper, and the Cap does to be fair).

xRDJ603 chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Haha, I liked this story! Really good at describing the fight and stuff! You should write more of theese ;)
TheBlueFoxtrot A Samba chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Fury looked like he was putting his not inconsiderable force of personality into willing Tony to get his ass stomped.

I love that line. I love this whole story actually. It's wonderful
Marie Nomad chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This is great. I love it. Captain America is in character as well as Iron Man. Throughout it all, Cap has been fair to Tony and tried to avoid causing permanent damage. But, I do love that punch at the end and how that even then Cap avoided breaking Tony's nose.

And Tony's attitude is what I expected. He had always been arrogant enough to believe that 'Yeah, I can take down Captain America'. Good to see that he was taken down a peg.

Finally, no slash at all. I'm serious, whenever I read anything all I see are Iron Man/Captain America slash. It's nice to see a good fic that doesn't have that but good solid very hetro friendship and rivalry.
DPark chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Great story. The story was good old fun, just as sparring matches usually tend to go. It was amusing to see that getting kicked in the balls is a painful experience even for Captain America. You seem to have a strong grasp on the characters, and the dialogue was entertaining to read.

I also like your prose a lot. It's efficient but still draws strong imagery. The only problem I had with it was that you really tend to go back in forth in your physic distance. One paragraph you're writing in a third-person limited style, and the next you're in third-person omniscient, and often times, just somewhere in between. The good thing is that you do both well, but you have to really stick to one.