Reviews for A Second Glance
underhandlilies chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I love how you infused this oneshot with just so much emotion; there's angst, and romance, and a hint of dark tidings for the future. It was a truly beautiful thing that I loved reading. :)
VioletStar98 chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
This is rated T, and you have a graphic sex scene no matter how small it may be. ...Oh well!

Let me just tell you I loved it!
Cookiecat chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
(Finally... I already started to doubt I could ever post this review. FFnet is acting so weird lately, with all those random error messages. But I'm sure no one wants to hear about that, so let's get to the more important part.)

Heya

This time, I’m here to write a review that long overdue.

What can I say that I haven’t told you quite a few times before? :)

Well, let me start by saying that this little story is definitely not getting the attention it deserves, and that’s a real shame.

Let me add that I love it. I really, really do.

And now, let me try to explain why (in a nutshell, because I could actually spent hours ranting about how brilliant and perfect it is):

Every story depends crucially on three things: plot, characters and style. Your story succeeds on every single one of those levels, yet what makes it special to me personally is how excellent your characterization is.

Once more, you nailed all those characters. Yes, I said all of them; even Sephiroth, who I personally consider one of the hardest to write (if you want to stay in character, that is). And it’s another proof to me that you can write Angeal and Genesis at any age, not just as kiddies (most authors who write really good childhood stories have a hard time changing to the ‘grown-up’ versions).

I love how you showed Genesis’ jealousy. I can see that very well in his character, it’s a trait that seems natural to him. Jealousy is often fuelled by deep insecurity and low self-esteem, by the underlying thought of being ‘not good enough’. I actually think this is where his arrogance and haughtiness stem from in the first place, and that his desire to be better than everyone else that would influence his actions during the events of Crisis Core was a way of denying and fighting his own fears and his feeling of inferiority.

Another detail I adore is how you ended this story. Truth be told, it’s the part I love most of all (though it’s a tough choice). It is so obvious that even in their happiest moment as a couple, there’s a dark shadow hanging over them, the knowledge that they will not be happy for too long, that canon event will tear them apart and leave them stuck on different sides. No matter how light the atmosphere is, it has always a gloomy touch, and you captured that excellently.

Wonderful story, extremely underappreciated.

Thanks for sharing. Hope there will be more in the future...
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Oh wow!Love that jealousy of Gen's!It's too perfect and so in character!Their discussions were pretty good!Nice work overall,i really liked it!But what was with the last line?I mean was that supposed to imply something like Angeal trusted Genesis way too much or just that he knew Gen might leave him for someone else one day?
NoLongerActive11111 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Although I am not particularly fond of Angeal/Genesis pairing, this piece just caught my attention and I loved it. Genesis was exceptionally well portrayed, especially in his jealousy that is becoming kind of paranoid. But that's Genesis. :D The little tidbits - like him being the late-riser - were also fun to see, since they are so befitting to his character. Even the last line.

Loved that you didn't go into detail with Genesis/Angeal moment, just left it subtly described. And always good to see the flashes of Sephiroth (ok, well, he is my favorite).

Loved your style.