Reviews for Tied for Last
303 Chocolate chapter 33 . 2/13
Thus made me cry. It's a good story to read for someone experiencing loss. A different, more hopeful perspective, I think. Still it definitely hurts.
Ditto Princess chapter 33 . 1/27
Best story ever!
acer chapter 33 . 1/26
I adore this story and all, but did you really have to kill him?
ghanima77 chapter 33 . 1/11
This is an amazing story! It was beautiful, complex and heartbreaking. It progressed slowly from A all the way to Z without missing a step. I truely felt the passage of time and that I was on this journey from death to life with Hermione. The concept is truly original and well executed. I look forward to reading more from you. Thank you for sharing.
Lina esrevnI chapter 1 . 1/11
I don't think that I will continue past the first chapter after all, but the setting looked interesting enough. If you ever want to rewrite the story so that it isn't abusive, you could make it so that Voldemort wasn't a complete monster until after he made the first Horcrux. The Horcrux in the afterlife regained its humanity and healed while the others were destroyed bolstering it further. Given Dumbledore doesn't remember anything after the first tie to death the Voldemort who is dead has only say killed a dozen people rather then hundreds.

Either that or have Hermione tell them what is going on so that they seal riddle away behind a wall like in the cask of ammontilato by poe. Hermione could then have a romance with someone who isn't a psychotic baby killing monster, such as Godric or Rowana. A copy of harry might be there given his track record or maybe the lone twin that dies stay's for his brother.

. Thank you for the warning I think i'll take a quick jump to your author's page to see if you've wrote anything else before I leave the site.
S chapter 33 . 12/29/2016
Amazing story, thank you so much! Keep writing. :)
hurricanebridgette chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
Oh my oh my... a dream like spirit world? This is going to be so awesome. I have read a lot of Tomione and none like this. Hmm.. so is Albus from a time with Gellert? RJ King seems interesting. What is tying Hermione to that place. So interesting.

Look forward to reading this. Thanks for sharing
#HAFHPotterhead #HAFHBeauxbatons
doritos fan chapter 2 . 12/17/2016
Glorious GloriousGloriousGlorious I don't think I have enough words for how good this story is, it's just ridiculously beautiful and you managed to make one tom riddle endearing and someone we can relate to and love thank you
loveisloveislove chapter 33 . 12/2/2016
Beautiful.

I don't think I could sum it up more eloquently, because this story has shattered me and no amount of words will do that feeling justice. Your story built me up and crushed me and in the end let me soar. I hope Hermione has a happy ending though... I think she's strong enough to find it, and I like to think that the two will meet in the afterlife.
VioletFever chapter 1 . 11/22/2016
Dear Speechwriter,

I read this story overnight. I just couldn't let it go. Three elegant words that describe my astonishment that you wrote such a masterpiece at such a young age... WTF?

I'm yet to read your more recent works (take my word for it, that's a task that won't be left unfinished for long) but your author's introduction in which you expressed your dissatisfaction with this piece was very misleading, thank you very much. For the mere reason that it left me vulnerable and unprepared for the immense mind blowing that was about to occur.

I thought that Tied For Last was a beautiful, haunting exploration of the meaning of life and death and the intricacies of the human soul. The idea behind it was really original too - I've never read anything like it, which is a massive relief from the majority of fanfiction these days that just seem to be carbon copies of well-worn tropes (cough cough Veela Dramione). I didn't think that it "glorified" abusive relationships at all; quite the contrary, really - it was a demonstration of the role of redemption and forgiveness in healing lost souls. Perhaps exaggerated slightly too creatively through your writer's hand if that was what you were concerned about, but nonetheless hauntingly beautiful.

I'm still a bit confused by the some of the details of the story, mostly about how the "in between" world works. Committing what kind of things leads one there? Take McGonagall, for instance, what did she do? And how far does the other Hogwarts expand - it says it goes out to Hogsmeade, so what's to stop one flying out on their broom and seeing where the world stops? Theoretically, where would it stop? And with the food - I get that the Hogwarts storeroom magically replenishes itself but what about the Honeydukes down in Hogsmeade etc? And R.J. - who exactly was he? I was expecting something (I don't know what) but just MORE about/from him. Because without that extra something from him, Hermione's somewhat romantic feelings for him felt a bit too sudden and contrived for me.

Anyways, brushing aside those little details that can mostly just be pinned down to a simple explanation - that world doesn't really exist in the way that "ours" does - this story really was a moral exploration of epic proportions. Plus, I guess all those questions just go to show how immersed I was in this tale. Dang it, I'm having trouble finding "real" published novels that get me feeling as enchanted and entranced as this story did.

After reading it, I feel as if I've had an epiphany and awoken to the true meaning of the universe. Is that a bit too hyperbolic? But I feel as if I've never seen the world in a clearer state. It's amazing what a piece of fiction can do to you. I'm probably not making any sense by now. But anyways, thank you for bringing this amazing work of art into my life.

Yours sincerely,
Violet Fever.
SaiyaCat chapter 33 . 11/8/2016
So Sad Yet Beautiful!
SaiyaCat chapter 10 . 11/7/2016
Wow
Will Solace chapter 33 . 11/5/2016
The ending for this story is probably my favorite quote of all time from any story I've ever read online.

I have it saved on my computer and I look at it from time to time – it makes me so emotional to read it as it is beautifully written and so hopeful at the same time.

Thank you for writing this story and sharing it with us!
okaren chapter 6 . 10/14/2016
Loved the repetitiveness of "it's back" during that incident. For some reason, it actually stirred up fear in me.
okaren chapter 2 . 10/14/2016
Wow! I am so hooked onto this story already. Unlike anything I've read before and very curious to how this goes. Very creative!
2,267 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »