Reviews for Tied for Last
helenheaven chapter 33 . 10/7
This is the best story ever, I'm a convert to this pairing now! Thank you for writing it :)
tneha chapter 15 . 10/6
but but.. He's Godric Gryffindor! why would he act cowardly and abandon his friend just because his girlfriend is scared of being crucioed.. It seems completely OOC.
Sweetascandy8986 chapter 1 . 9/30
Loved the story. Beautifully written. Not a fan of the ending. LOVED THE ORIGINAL ENDING. Only thing I wish we could have seen was more from the trio. I would have liked seeing the evolution of Ron and Harry's relationship post voldemorts demise and their attitude toward Tom.
The Fuzy Llama chapter 31 . 9/21
You've probably already heard this in several reviews, but in case no one mentioned it, it really bothers me that no one is attempting to kill the death eaters. Stunners, petrifying spells? Seriously? When students are being tortured and murdered. Yes, let's just stun them and run away so that they can find and torture more people. I know you probably never plan to come back and edit this story in any way, but I just had to put in an extra two cents to give an outlet to the brain frustration this caused me. That aside, good writing. I enjoyed the romance aspects, even if you now consider the relationship to be abusive. I'm glad that you still write.
Freud chapter 22 . 9/11
It's just not realistic that she shows no remorse for her friends. She's simply not realistic in most of her reactions. This I get because you were young and had a shallow understanding of abuse dynamics.
archergwen chapter 33 . 8/22
While part of me still wants that fluffy ending, this one fits much better. It hurts, but it is wonderful as well.
darksunangel chapter 33 . 8/14
OMG! I don't know how I ended up here but im Soo glad I did.. I love this story.. Keep ur imagination alive and u will b freaking famous like jk Rowling BTW this is even better than harry potter.
P.s I know its a little late for review but I had to tell u how amazing this story is.. Tq..
Simona Polle chapter 33 . 8/3
after this i just going to say tgat I need more tomione in my life.
nk01 chapter 33 . 7/12
I love it, why did tom have to die... *sobbs*
misssocrates chapter 1 . 7/11
Don't delete your story. Yes, there are dark parts but the story is amazing and one of the best I read. Real life has darkness in it so we can't just censor everything that offends us in fiction. I read this story a few years back and I never forgot it. It would've been a real shame to find it deleted. Besides your story isn't actually that dark, not at all. It's actually one of the cleaner rated M stories out there. and the ending is very positive and heroic. You should be proud of having written something so poignant!
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 33 . 7/9
I don't know if i can safely justify my reasons for spending all night reading this. I totally, completely understand your warnings at the beginning. I'm. I don't know how to feel. He died. He died. Hermione. What. They were teenagers. I don't know what to say. I don't know what to feel.
bittersweet bliss chapter 33 . 7/7
Your Note in chapter 1 definitely coloured my perception of how this fic was going to go- imagine my relief when I got to Riddle's change of heart, haha. I was once in a relationship with somebody who was abusing me psychologically and manipulating me emotionally to do what he wanted, and it was precisely as you had portrayed it. I came out of that relationship in bits and pieces of who I was before it, but after a year and a half, we came together again, and he has changed completely. There's not even a shadow of who he used to be. As of now, it has been 2 1/2 years, and we are doing better than good.

And that makes this fic all the more real to me; I thank you for that. True, your portrayal of abuse and the darkness of it hits incredibly close to home, but so has your picture of redemption. I am grateful for your warning note, and I understand your motives, though I think you haven't given yourself enough credit in how well you described Riddle's change of heart. Yes, it doesn't redeem the abuse, but it shows the hope ("Every sinner has a past.") that people can change, and that is where the redemption lies.

Anyhow! I love this ending because it suits that theme so well. I'm a stickler for a happy ending, but this is a work of art, really, so I can't begrudge it's bittersweet ending (I appreciate that it focuses more on Riddle's moving forward than on just romance between him and Hermione). But just for the sake of my aching heart right now, I'm going to let myself revel in the alternate ending, LOL! Thank you so much, again. This fic was one hell of a(n enjoyable) trip.
amr56 chapter 33 . 6/30
This was amazing and incredibly touching. Some of the reviews say the ending is really sad but I disagree. What else could have happened? This is really the best. Tom ends up in a good place and Hermione has hope that she'll be able to live the rest of her life with people she cares about. Thank you for sharing.
Rhuel chapter 33 . 6/22
Your story was so epic... The ending so sad. Your an amazing writer
mdman1 chapter 32 . 6/13