Reviews for Tied for Last
Simona Polle chapter 33 . 8/3
after this i just going to say tgat I need more tomione in my life.
nk01 chapter 33 . 7/12
I love it, why did tom have to die... *sobbs*
Marauder Luck chapter 1 . 7/11
Don't delete your story. Yes, there are dark parts but the story is amazing and one of the best I read. Real life has darkness in it so we can't just censor everything that offends us in fiction. I read this story a few years back and I never forgot it. It would've been a real shame to find it deleted. Besides your story isn't actually that dark, not at all. It's actually one of the cleaner rated M stories out there. and the ending is very positive and heroic. You should be proud of having written something so poignant!
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 33 . 7/9
I don't know if i can safely justify my reasons for spending all night reading this. I totally, completely understand your warnings at the beginning. I'm. I don't know how to feel. He died. He died. Hermione. What. They were teenagers. I don't know what to say. I don't know what to feel.
bittersweet bliss chapter 33 . 7/7
Your Note in chapter 1 definitely coloured my perception of how this fic was going to go- imagine my relief when I got to Riddle's change of heart, haha. I was once in a relationship with somebody who was abusing me psychologically and manipulating me emotionally to do what he wanted, and it was precisely as you had portrayed it. I came out of that relationship in bits and pieces of who I was before it, but after a year and a half, we came together again, and he has changed completely. There's not even a shadow of who he used to be. As of now, it has been 2 1/2 years, and we are doing better than good.

And that makes this fic all the more real to me; I thank you for that. True, your portrayal of abuse and the darkness of it hits incredibly close to home, but so has your picture of redemption. I am grateful for your warning note, and I understand your motives, though I think you haven't given yourself enough credit in how well you described Riddle's change of heart. Yes, it doesn't redeem the abuse, but it shows the hope ("Every sinner has a past.") that people can change, and that is where the redemption lies.

Anyhow! I love this ending because it suits that theme so well. I'm a stickler for a happy ending, but this is a work of art, really, so I can't begrudge it's bittersweet ending (I appreciate that it focuses more on Riddle's moving forward than on just romance between him and Hermione). But just for the sake of my aching heart right now, I'm going to let myself revel in the alternate ending, LOL! Thank you so much, again. This fic was one hell of a(n enjoyable) trip.
amr56 chapter 33 . 6/30
This was amazing and incredibly touching. Some of the reviews say the ending is really sad but I disagree. What else could have happened? This is really the best. Tom ends up in a good place and Hermione has hope that she'll be able to live the rest of her life with people she cares about. Thank you for sharing.
Rhuel chapter 33 . 6/22
Your story was so epic... The ending so sad. Your an amazing writer
mdman1 chapter 32 . 6/13
Okay I cried.
vindicatedmalfoy chapter 21 . 6/12
Gryffindor is an asshole.
That authors note is first rate. Thank you for being a fantastic person.
my oh mighty chapter 33 . 6/3
This is one of the most brilliant stories I've ever read. Your writing was impeccable, the characterisations were spot on, the imagery was wonderful and the story line was just terrific. A truly brilliant story! Definitely worth all the praise you've received and more :-)
Vernoodle chapter 32 . 5/26
:'(
LadyBadass chapter 29 . 5/12
"He was hardly just going to commit suicide to satisfy Potter's wish"... *Insert Dandy Mott "I hate you" gif here*.
Seriously...
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?
Don't remember me?
I'm one of the many people on this page who had their soul, heart and mind torn out of themselves only to have you stamp all over it.

Honestly it shocked me when I read on Chapter 1 that you were a sophomore while writing this. I didn't notice that part of the AN last time I think. Or I just didn't bother thinking about it. However now it does make a huge impact on the way I view this story, because it's just shockingly well written, and you're crazy good at what you're doing. I'm a sophomore and I'll hardly ever read something with the amount of sentimentality that your story consists of, not to mention the perfect use of language and description and the vivid emotions you've displayed and omg... I seriously just want to curl up and die every single time I read this.

I'm not sure whether you should be proud of this amazing story or just ashamed that you caused sad, sad emotions to stir up at the homes of many hysterical fangirls all around the world.
stellulam chapter 33 . 5/2
I've read this fic so many times, and the end always manages to get me. This is by far the best tomione fic I've read. I hope you update your other fics soon! :)
Annalynn Roe chapter 33 . 4/27
The ending couldn't have been more heart-breaking. Unfortunately, it couldn't have been any more perfect either.

You've written an amazing story with this, and it's astonishing to think you did this when you were sixteen? I am utterly thankful you never did delete the story, because I can't stand the thought of never having had the chance to read it. Absolutely captivating, your characterization of Tom Riddle is the best I've ever seen.
2,209 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »