Reviews for before the fall
musichettta chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
SO BITTERSWEET!
I love your characterizations of both Haymitch and Maysilee. Wonderful job! This had me in tears.
lifeofapplepie chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Great job! Loved it!
fandomfatale chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
This was so beautiful! Maysilee and Haymitch were perfectly in-character and it just felt like such a realistic take on their on their relationship/what their relationship could have been.

All my tears...
a quarter tone apart chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Beautiful. Just, beautiful and brilliantly written. I love this characterisation of Haymitch and Maysilee. It's perfect.
celestial1 chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Ooh, nice.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
so very haunting and tragic - but then, they were.
Pretty chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
It is written in a very floral language. Interesting for the topic but very good. An actually good story on this site.
bloodredcherry chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
This was absolutely beautiful.
Harlequin chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
This was really beautiful, I loved the characterization and your writing style.

For some reason, my favorite line is 'those birds, those damn birds, those fucking bird fly away in swirls of pink feathers and red blood.' I think it's because you portrayed his anger and hatred of the birds and the situation extremely well-it shows that he's forgotten that she had to die anyway, that he's furious because she's dying.

Well, my ramble's done. Hope that last part made sense, and kudos to you!
koalakoala chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
This is lovely. Characterizations were really great, and even though it was almost completely what was written in CF, it didn't feel that way because of your way of writing. I really like the italicized intros to each section.

I've added this, appropriately, to the community, "Haymitch and Maysilee."
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Poor Haymitch and Maysilee! Too bad they didn't think of the star-crossed lovers thing...
phlogiston chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
That was lovely, amazing fic.
superdope chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
Aaaaawwww. So good, and written.
Abject Tears chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Your style on this story worked wonderfully and it's a beautifully brutal piece about, and I quote, what could have been.
quintilis chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I loved this! Not much I can say to add to its magnificence, except for a typo for 'adrenalin'. 'Crappy cliche' also struck me as awkward, but I see how you were going for alliteration.