Reviews for Follow Your Heart
Snicks chapter 16 . 5/28/2012
Great story! Ugh I'm so torn about where I want this to go and who I want her to end up with! I swear it changes with every chapter... Good thing there's another story!
Enchanted Authoress chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
I read Jeren's other fic, and it was amazing. So is this one. This is definitely going on my favorites list!

Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
I have totally forgot this chapter! Now that I am reading your new story I feel like having to review some part of this. What a wonderful text!

dr3 chapter 5 . 12/10/2011
A totally great story!
Livia09 chapter 16 . 2/24/2011
Thank you for this wonderful story! I loved the way you created Jeren's charcter. Finally a story with a stong and authentic character. Will you be writing more?
Anonymous chapter 16 . 2/21/2011
Just finished reading after days of snatched moments. I loved it, what a wonderful OC. Thank you for writing!
Zashire chapter 16 . 2/4/2011
Well, I can definitely say that when school was called off because of a snow storm, I didn't expect to spend the day reading this story. I am glad I did. Your writing style fits the LotR series perfectly, in my opinion. The lack of contractions of words fits the period the story is set in-something that many authors do not even consider when writing.

I loved your characterization of the Elves, as well as the fact that you managed to make me care for your OC so much. I'm usually not a fan of OCs being main characters, but your writing has changed my opinion, at least for this one.

Well, it's getting late, and I had a great time reading both your stories. Thank you for the great adventure! It is one I will surely remember.

MistEternal chapter 16 . 1/15/2011
Loved the end of this! I almost didn't expect her to actually make it into the rangers but I'm glad she did/has. I really like the way you portrayed the romance in this story and the way Jeren develops in her thinking about it as time goes on. It would be easy to act like love is wonderful and overcomes everything, even someone not feeling quite the way you do, but though many people even in reality like to play that game I definitely don't think it suits Jeren, who you've shown as being honest no matter what. I love that you've left her final encounter with Rhyse open ended - Jeren told him honestly how she felt and he did too... And perhaps someday she will feel differently about everything.

MistEternal chapter 8 . 1/15/2011
I can't help but pop in another review to say how much I'm enjoying this! I really like this as a sequel of the first story and I am enjoying the dynamics between Jeren and Elladan and Elrohir very much.

I'm also thanking my lucky stars that I don't live in a world like Middle Earth where sexism still reigns supreme in terms of what a woman is allowed to do with her life. Although if there were elves around welcoming me into their homes as family I might change my mind. :p
MistEternal chapter 2 . 1/14/2011
Liking this so far, especially Jeren's stubbornness (I can sympathize). Glad she stood up for herself to her dad too. ;]
The Lauderdale chapter 16 . 1/13/2011
Wow. So I guess I should have known all along that Jeren would finally be accepted as a ranger, but honestly, with so much resistance to it, I really didn't think it was going to happen. So that was a pleasant surprise.

As was Joem's decided vote! Unexpected, but pleasant.

Finally, I thought your last line was excellent. Simple, understated, but evocative. "He walked away, but when he did, he left the door ajar."
The Lauderdale chapter 14 . 1/13/2011
I've been reading "A Simple Change of Heart" and "Follow Your Heart" for the past few days. I'm very impressed with the way you have stuck with this character and her story for all of this time. Right now I am commenting regarding Elladan's torture of the Orc. What I am looking at is a passage from one of Tolkien's posthumously published essays:

"...the Wise in the Elder Days taught always that the Orcs were not 'made' by Melkor, and therefore were not in their origin evil. They might have become irredeemable (at least by Elves and Men), but they remained within the Law. That is, that though of necessity, being the fingers of the hand of Morgoth, they must be fought with the utmost severity, they must not be dealt with in their own terms of cruelty and treachery. Captives must not be tormented, not even to discover information for the defense of the homes of Elves and Men. If any Orcs surrendered and asked for mercy, they must be granted it, even at a cost." (History of Middle-earth X, Morgoth's Ring)

Now it could be that this applies to an earlier conflict and by the time the Third Age rolls around, Elves no longer have these scruples. And it could be that other Elves still do, but that Elladan and Elrohir have abandoned them because of what their mother suffered (they do have a longstanding Orkish genocide project, after all, and Elrond himself speaks of Elrohir's particular animosity.) And it could just be that this is a point where you and Tolkien differ, as with Elven sex outside of marriage. Still, I thought that I would mention it.

Anyway, back to reading. I'm looking forward to seeing Joem get into some more trouble. What a cad he is!
Sadie Sil - English stories chapter 16 . 1/8/2011
Well another great story. I felt sad when I read the last line. But I still hope you remember Jeren and maybe write more about her in the future. She is a great character and I would love to see her older (yes, yes, older as Mae). I think you have a lot of perspective for writing about her future.

I loved this story even more than the other (how is it possible?). Oh my, I just love your Elrohir and the way the words just come out of his mouth. He is a perfect friend, a perfect brother and a surely a perfect lover if you would like to write a romance with him.

Elladan is also great, and I love the difference you established (or set? is it the right word?) between them. Perfect.

I missed Elrond...

Great job! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Hope you continue to write by any name you want, any kind of stories you want.

Sorry for my bad English. I am glad I can lean with you.

Elfinabottle chapter 16 . 10/6/2010
I'm so glad Jeren is getting her chance to become a Ranger. Her development and growth through these two stories has been a wonderful thing to watch. And I really liked the ending, which surprises me. It's certainly not a "happily ever after" ending, but it is open ended, and I can think that Jeren will have many adventures before her, whether I get to read about them or not!

Jeren is one of the best original female characters I have come across in my years of reading LOTR fiction. You did such an excellent job of keeping her real. Thank you for both of the stories about her.
Song in the woods chapter 16 . 9/6/2010
It would be one of those double edge sword comments, but wow. To be Jeren. Both an elf and a ranger would have her. The elf just isn't being to smart about it :)

But to be brutalized like she was by the orcs :( thus the sword.

Thank you for the compliment by the way. Good story lines deserve faithful readers ;)