Reviews for Lessons in Self Discipline
permanently purged account chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Hilarious, and very much in-character! Good job for writing in a non-APH fandom, and writing WELL! Hope to see more from you~
pengiechan chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
My goodness! This was rather unexpectedly brilliant. It was a bit odd for me to think of all the main characters meeting as they did, but you really made it work, and work well at that. Brilliant characterizations, too (especially my favorite Kirie-chan!).

The only criticism I have (and this is quite easily fixed) is that the tense changes from past to present, and then back to past, about halfway through the fic. It's a small thing, but definitely could confuse a reader.

This is... your only Spiral fic? I certainly couldn't tell. I hope you follow this with many other stores just as well-written as this one!
Upon A Windowsill chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Lovely, truly lovely.

I was cracking up (and crying on the inside) throughout each and veery of these nineteen moments in time. Thank you for sharing~
atickingnoise chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Very very very sweet way of saying happy birthday; the whole fic just makes you feel warm and fuzzy, despite the heavier undertones and the somewhat weirder happenstances (Kiyotaka takes up about ninety percent of this category, I'll admit). Thank you for sharing and I hope you'll continue to write Spiral (you don't seem rusty at all, especially with the Rio/Bomb moments)!
omg chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
THIS!

THIS WAS PERFECT!

THIS WAS HOW I WOULD BEG THE AUTHORS OF THE MANGA TO DO AN OMAKE-THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FULFILLING MY DEEP FANTASY OF HAVING RIO! AND KOUSUKE! CONNECTED BY HAIR AND BUBBLEGUM.
Tammi L chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Such a cute story! I love how you had a huge mixture of characters, and how dare you say you're RUSTY with Spiral when you can write such wonderful fluff/crack? Thank you for sharing, I hope that you write more Spiral!fanfiction soon.

Hearts (stars, and horseshoes!)
Azalee chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Reactions as I read on :

IIIIIIIIIIIIH SAWxAMA ! DID YOU KNOW WHAT A RIDICULOUS SAWxAMA FANGIRL I AM OR WAS THAT AN AMAZING LUCKY GUESS ? 'Cause I mean despite their being technically canon I wouldn't say they're an obvious couple to fic about. Iiih ILU *starts emitting little shiny hearts*

Omg Imari. She's just. Perfect. And you've got Kousuke abuse, which makes this officially canon-compliant. 8D

YOU EVEN BROUGHT IN SLIGHTLYCHIBI AYUMU AND HIYONO. BWAHAHA. "Hiyono rolled her eyes; teenagers. (Thank God she was never one of those!)" Oh my God. Amazing how you made that sound exactly like her even though, WELL. SHE SURE KNOWS HOW TO ACT LIKE ONE. xD xD AlmostChibi Ayumu is also just... priceless. What the hell do you mean, you're rusty as far as Spiral is concerned ?

Ooh Kanone's so cute. .

"It is with pride that he manages to win one water-filled balloon, and by that time, his girlfriend (the one that he loves to the moon and back, even though she is constantly making him feel emasculated) has won thirteen." *cracks up laughing* Oh Sa-wa-mu-raa~ ! *emits more hearts*

Kiyotaka's song is just BRILLIANT.

And then oh I'm sorry but I can't say anything more because the ending scene has absolutely killed me. *gets buried under a mountain of hearts, stars and horseshoes* So, so, sososo cute with the tiniest touch of angst and yet still hilarious. (Ri-o ! xD)

Okay so the short version is: thank you thank you thank you this was delightful, delightful crack and so much love. 8D I think this just made my birthday. *yet more hearts*

(Ah ! but you put it under the wrong character filter ! Toru S. is Saeki the detective, Sawamura's first name is Shirou ! :p)
xotsukiyume chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
So cute!

It's probably really weird of me, but I like seeing this carefree, almost-innocent side of the Spiral!characters. I noticed the various undertones of death and dreary futures, but even the ending was just... was just 'd'awww' material. x3 I'm so inclined to write "update soon!" that I actually have no idea how to end this review...
moonmagicks chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
OMG SPIRAL.

(but more than that-you have Kousuke and Rio attached by the hair with bubblegum, Ryouko expertly wielding scissors, and Kiyotaka dressing up as a policeman panda (who is neighborhood-friendly! D). Which is just so much crack, and therefore, wonderfulness, in one fanfiction)

I demand! a birthday fic next year! *pouts*

-Arti
Classically Cliche chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Hearts! And flails!

And... and such perfect characterizations! How do you DO this? I mean, how do you manage to crank out something like ten thousand words in two days, without breaking a sweat, or even sounding vaguely hysterical?

Anyways, here are the random moments I enjoyed very much in the fanfiction: Sawamura/Amanae holding!hands! Imari being crazy, Kirie WINNING the fire-breathing contest, Eyes being PROTECTIVE and Kiyotaka playing around as the "friendly neighborhood panda police". I think I shall nightmares of him twirling and singing that song, no joke. This is definitely all your fault, and I love you all the same, for writing such LOVE.
Hexagonistic chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Very nicely done, especially after being out of a fandom for so long. I like Spiral a lot (and find it really sad how no one wants to write much in it for very long) so this piece was a refreshing read, to say the least.
foxxy chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
First thing that took my breath away in this fic was the LAYOUT. I mean, I know that FFN's formatting really sucks at times, but you managed to make ti WORK, and so nicely as well! *foams at the mouth, and is pretty damnably jealous* But it's so sweet; a birthday fic, I mean! Very cute, I love the SawamuraxAmanae moments (they are definitely my guilty ship~)