Reviews for Night Terrors
majorshane chapter 8 . 1/27
Great story! I feel like the balance between the two worlds was really well done. You never had one side really overshadow the other. Batman was on point as a master martial artist and the worlds greatest detective. Demona was a complicated character, not pure evil simply misguided (just like the series, well done!). The Manhattan clan had their time to shine by resisting the toxin and helping to stop Scarecrow.

Please please do a sequel!
majorshane chapter 7 . 1/27
I freaking love this story, except for this one line:
"I'm not going to cross the line between myself and the criminals I stop. Neither should you or the gargoyles." Batman stated to Elisa.
No, just no. Batman and the Gargoyles are vigilantes operating without oversight outside of the law. Elisa has a state issued badge and gun and is operating both within and on behalf of the law.

The whole not killing rule's a major part of Batman's character for at least two reasons. 1. Batman recognizes that he is operating outside of the law and doesn't have the right to act as judge, jury, and executioner. Cops are issued badges, these are symbols of authority given to them by elected officials who get their authority from democratic elections. Cops have the right to use lethal force (in certain circumstances), and that right is given to them by the people. Batman does not have that right. He already breaks the law when he goes out crime fighting, but he doesn't kill. 2. Batman knows that if he ever did kill, because he doesn't have a system of checks and balances (like police do) he could be unable to stop himself from doing it again and again.

Elisa is a NYPD officer, so she has both the right and the responsibility to use lethal force when the occasion calls for it. For example, watching a known criminal about to kill a victim is a circumstance that warrants the use of deadly force. If a cop kills a known criminal to save a civilian (even a civilian who is also a criminal) that cop is doing the right thing.

So Batman is just plain wrong when says that she shouldn't kill. Obviously she shouldn't go out intending to kill, but if it comes down to Crane and her, she has the right to protect herself with deadly force. If she is incapacitated by a punch or a mouthful of gas she knows that there is at least one gun on the scene (hers). Once she's down there is nothing stopping Crane from drawing the gun and killing her. Because of this if she has Crane in front of her and he doesn't follow her instructions (to get down on the ground, hands behind his head, etc) she has every right legally and ethically to shoot to kill. The reason Batman doesn't kill is NOT because 'it is wrong to kill' but because 'it is wrong for an unsanctioned vigilante (like Batman) to kill' (also he has personal reasons to do with his past).

If Batman kills a criminal it is wrong because he's a vigilante. If a cop kills a criminal its ok because she's a cop (if her life or the public interest is at stake).

Now if the Scarecrow had a heart monitor that was programmed to trigger a massive release of gas if his heart stopped beating and the cops didn't know about it, THEN Batman would be right to say to Elisa 'don't kill him'.

If Batman or the Gargoykes kill a criminal while fighting then that's not cool because they shouldn't have been there in the first place (taking the law into their hands and actively pursueing danger). If a civilian (or a gargoyle) kills someone in self defence (like a botched home invasion or mugging) then it's unfortunate but ok because they were victims and found themselves in danger through no fault of their own. If a cop has to shoot and kill a criminal during an arrest or sting then that's unfortunate but ultimately okay because the cops job is to pursue these criminals but the cops job is not to arrest the criminals at the cost of their own lives.

Awesome story, just one other small detail that kept it from being perfect IMHO.
dax0042 chapter 8 . 9/16/2016
Great ending. In the next story you should have Poison Ivy come to destroy the gargoyles, maybe even have them fight over her.
dax0042 chapter 5 . 9/16/2016
Brooklyn is in trouble! The clan better hurry and stop the Scarecrow before it is too late.
dax0042 chapter 4 . 9/16/2016
Man, Batman and Demona know the others secret. And with the Scarecrow still on the loose, who knows what will happen.
dax0042 chapter 2 . 9/16/2016
The Scarecrow knows how to get a party going. The gargoyles better watch out.
dax0042 chapter 1 . 9/16/2016
Loved this, it is a great start.
james chapter 1 . 4/1/2015
man...not bad! I like where you took this story. my only complaint is that Joker wasn't used more...but hey maybe next time.
GMan chapter 8 . 2/25/2015
I love this story. I'd like to see what will happen in the next chapter.
SweetCyn chapter 8 . 1/28/2014
Perfect, just perfect.
Blitz190 chapter 8 . 8/13/2013
That was a truly great story :D I loved reading this I hope you will do more stories like this
Scimitar X chapter 8 . 10/16/2012
Man that was great you do another one where the Gargoyles go to Gotham including Demona hey maybe a bit of Batman/Demona romance cause it just seems that she might have a little thing for him.
callmeBaby'08 chapter 8 . 4/19/2011
Loved it sweetheart ooooo oooo are ya gonna do a story with the Joker next, that could be like a sequel or something
Jess chapter 7 . 2/27/2011
This is good stuff!
callmeBaby'08 chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chap