Reviews for Of Whoresons and Nobles
Hr'awkryn chapter 39 . 9/13/2012
Alright, now I've read through the entire story twice and I am even more completely hooked, if that was possible. If you don't post more soon I will go nuts with anxiety.
laloga chapter 29 . 9/13/2012
Loved this glimpse into the "aftermath," as it were, especially the way that both men are quite definitely not going to be satisfied with a "one-time" encounter. You're doing a lovely job of laying the seeds for what (I imagine) is to come; both men *want* more than just a one-night stand, but neither are able (or willing, in Zev's case) to do much about it at this point. Everything between them is still so new, and they don't really know each other that well, yet.

You mix romance, drama, a pinch of angst and much smexiness...it's a perfect blend. :)
laloga chapter 28 . 9/13/2012
LOL...she *is* a bit crazy, but I do love how you've written her, here. Very sweet, but a bit sad because the one she fancies is (quite exuberantly) attracted to another...

Loved Alistair's "awkward cuteness" and the way he kept putting his foot in his mouth! He *is* a romantic. :P

LOL chapter 40 . 9/10/2012
If you're a fan of this story as I am, and you're up for laughs I'm telling you listen to the song 'I won't say I'm in love'-hercules (this started playing on my Ipod while reading this)... and then think of the Warden and Zev... I was on the floor rolling in laughter picturing Zev singing that and Leliana being the backing vocals xD. So damn funny but so damn true. I love this story.
Always4Caskett chapter 14 . 9/8/2012
Man, I hate Anlan! This was getting good!
Always4Caskett chapter 4 . 9/3/2012
Omigosh! I love this fanfic! It's honestly the best DA fanfic I've ever come across (And I've read QUITE a few). I hope my zevran/cousland will be a least half as good as yours!
laloga chapter 27 . 8/20/2012
Whew! [fans self]

Totally, amazingly fantastic. Love that Zev managed to remain in control even as he was, erm, playing catcher, so to speak. ;)

P0rn is good, welcome even, but even more so with wonderful characters and writing like yours. Great job!
laloga chapter 26 . 8/16/2012
Outrage? At such a deliciously written massage-scene as one I just read? Perish the thought! I think I've said it in a previous review, but the slow build is delightful, and very fitting for this pair; they're each aware of the frenzied passion that exists between them, and in an effort to stem the tide of it and keep their wits about them, they go...very...slow...

It's a great counterpoint to those frenzied moments, after all.

Love the dialog in here: "Are you willing to play, Zevran?" Even though the Warden does not have experience in the M/M arena, he's quite gung-ho about taking the plunge. (I *swear* I didn't intend for any innuendo, there, but it showed up, anyway :P)

laloga chapter 25 . 8/13/2012
Poor Zevran, unable to work out his seduction plans! Ah, well, the course of true love and all that...

I enjoyed the scene in Genitivi's house; great job fleshing out one of the nonscripted parts of the game. It's easy to forget that the story is still going on, even as one is looting away, but you managed it very well. (Loved Alistair's little moment, btw. "Wynne reads faster than me." :P So cute!)

And they're off to the mountains...should be interesting, if cold. I do like how you keep mentioning that Zevran hates the cold weather of Ferelden - it feels like a very Antivan thing for him to say.

Great job! :D
Hr'awkryn chapter 40 . 8/11/2012
I LOVED this story...I can't wait to read the rest! I flew threw it, reading a chapter at any chance I got between work and chores and commutes and bedtime. I really like the way you write; I felt very drawn into the story. Also, the 'interlude' was one of my favorite chapters. Hilarious and cute! You've done a great job of representing the characters in your own way, that is still true to who we all know and love.
Need more! Please!
laloga chapter 24 . 8/8/2012
As much as I enjoy reading Zev and the Warden, I do love how you've captured the other characters and their interactions. I giggled like crazy at poor Alistair's confusion about "how" two men can love each other, ("That's an exit-only place, isn't it?") and Leliana's efforts to keep her cool (while also egging him on) were spot-on - and also hilarious.

Of the companions, Zev's my preferred romance option, but Alistair has this befuddled charm that's quite appealing as well. :) You caught him perfectly, here.

Enjoyed Zevran and Leliana's conversation about love, and how Zevran doesn't expect anything more than a fling. One of the reasons I love his character is his complexity; on the surface he's full of flirty quips and innuendo, but beneath that layer is a man who's very wounded and fragile; life has given him nothing but hardship so it's all he's come to expect, though he has the uncanny ability to take pleasure in his lot, and find happiness when and where he can.

You've done such a marvelous job portraying him in this fic; I'm blown away by each chapter. :D

(FYI, I know I've slowed down my reading, but I'm still determined to work my way through. :D)
laloga chapter 23 . 8/5/2012
So, I started to read this while at a meeting at work, then had to stop, lest I dissolve into a puddle of giggles and squees. :P

Sexy as hell...love the way that these guys sort of feed off of each other, how they can't really resist one another! :D It's wonderful to read! :) Loved how the Warden's inexperience in this arena came out, and how his enthusiasm more than made up for the fact that he didn't quite know what he was doing.

And I love love love how Zev's totally losing himself in the other man...fabulous stuff! :D
laloga chapter 22 . 8/3/2012
Thoroughly enjoying the relationship that you're developing between these two men. It's clear that they are physically attracted to each other, but they also have a lovely emotional and mental connection that is a joy to read. :)

I think I've said this before, but I'm enjoying reading how you're working in the dialogue from the game into the world of your story.

Zevran's musings at the end were sweet and a bit sad; he's right, of course, but still...sigh. Also loving how he's falling more and more for the Warden. :D
laloga chapter 21 . 7/31/2012
Interesting take on the Warden's attempt to cope with the nightmares. Is "soldier's bane" canonical? [goes to wiki] Anyway, I love how you're tying this into Zev's continuing developing feelings for the Warden, and how he's trying *not* to feel this way.

But of course the Warden is irresistible...

Is it silly that I'm all excited they're about to go back to the tent? Ahem. Purely to "talk," of course. [wink wink, nudge nudge]

Great chapter! :D
laloga chapter 20 . 7/30/2012
Whew! [Fans self] Ahem...

I do love seeing Zev and Leliana together - great job with her, btw - as they are similar in many ways, namely their respective pasts and, (in this fic), their attraction to the Warden.

Maker's breath, woman, you write a damn fine kiss! Also enjoying seeing Zev continue to fall harder and harder for this dangerous, passionate man. :)

523 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »