Reviews for The Satellite Series
Vilinye chapter 7 . 6/13/2011
Why do I keep reading things that make me choke up? Because you write them so well.
Vilinye chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
Owch. Just...owch...sad but beautiful.
CountryGrl chapter 13 . 11/20/2010
Aw :) so much loveliness. Luke wondering about the other time line made sense, I love how he is slightly different to the Luke we know cuz of the different circumstances. Harry Scott's father? Didn't see that one coming, brilliant! Did you always know that, or add it at the end? Oh, and a perfect moment there at the end. (I realise I use the word "perfect" too much in these reviews, but don't blame me, blame you.) So is this the end of this collection? I'll subscribe anyway, because I'm hopelessly addicted and will just go on hoping for more ;) Yay!
CountryGrl chapter 12 . 11/20/2010
Oh gosh :'( this one, hands down, my favourite. I can't even...gah, words are inadequate. There were so many things I wanted to mention in this review while I was reading but they've all been lost to the last few lines. Oh so perfect. One thing I do remember though is hmm, a relation of River? Intriguing. Wasn't expecting that. If that's where that little plot twist ends then it's satisfying. I don't usually like not knowing things but the results were so amazing I don't actually mind who the Fortune Teller was. That said, it would be interesting to know for sure. Anyway, oh that Nic/Doctor scene...was almost painful, it was so beautiful. We didn't get to see them interact much before, but naturally they would connect with Nic being so much like her mother. Oh I can't describe my love for this chapter. I'll give up trying now.
CountryGrl chapter 11 . 11/20/2010
Ohh the sadness...but yet again, perfect. That last scene...then ending on that line...just fantastic. Oh and after rambling on forever in my last review I forgot to say, I liked what you did with the narrative, the second-personny thing, I tend to over-use it but this was refreshing, and fitting for Nic too. I also liked the narrative of this one, all in the present tense but jumping forwards in time, sonot spanned decades but was also all happening right NOW, that was lovely.
CountryGrl chapter 10 . 11/20/2010
Love it! Well, that goes without saying since I love Nicole 'n all, but this was lovely. Scott and Nic are almost as perfect as Sarah and Peter in that they...fit. You can't usually read a chapter of a fic focusing *only* on a pair of OCs and care that much, but that just goes to show that the two of them aren't really OCs, they are just as real as any other character. Incidentally yesterday I was watching an s4 episode and actually caught myself wondering why she introduced herself as "...Smith". What? And then I realised. That was probably mainly due to the fact that I'd spent most of the day immersed in a re-read, but is still good as proof of how amazing this little world is. And now I'm way off subject and this is long. Onwards!
CountryGrl chapter 9 . 11/20/2010
Adorable! Aw, they're just so perfect together. Meaning I both love you and hate you at the same time. And I love how these don't seem to be in any specific order, they are dotted about through the story and are in so many different moods. Oh I love it so. This one...a perfect snapshot of them together, and all that wedding weirdness for Sarah made total sense, of course it would be insignificant compared to the end result - a life with Peter. Brilliant, you!
CountryGrl chapter 8 . 11/20/2010
Ooh, haunting, these. Brilliantly written, though, which should no longer surprise me. The part where Peter dreamed she died was really powerful, to kind of see it in reverse. And the last "dream"...ohh, poor Peter. Poor Sarah. Poor everyone. Curse life things forcing me to break from this collection until later today. Not fair. But I'll be back ;)
CountryGrl chapter 7 . 11/20/2010
Oh gosh...I suspected it, but that didn't make this any less awful. The only consolation was that it was also absolutely perfect. If Sarah Jane had to go...this was the best way to do it. It was beautiful, really beautiful. Oh that final line...just incredible. And that picture, too...oh so much love for this chapter. Never thought I'd say that about a chapter featuring the death of one of my all-time favourite characters in anything, ever. But you...well, you're impossible like that :) And now I'll stop babbling and move on ;)
CountryGrl chapter 6 . 11/20/2010
Ohh, these are so beautiful. Totally made up for the time-jump in the story, which, though necessary, meant we missed out on a lot of Nicole... The final line of #4 really stood out 'cuz of the parallel with SC. But all of it was amazing as ever. Onwards!
CountryGrl chapter 5 . 11/19/2010
Oh, wow. Lovelovelove it! Poor Harry...but a great piece. Nice to have the story behind that photo too. Oh, I love this collection! And I hate sleep! ;)
CountryGrl chapter 4 . 11/19/2010
Yay for Eleven! I love that he came that day. Also loved his four-word description of Amy :') so very Him. Slightly uneasy about the 'sad smile' line but hey-ho, onwards we go! ;)
CountryGrl chapter 3 . 11/19/2010
So, I'm back! I was of course, just as blown away by my second reading of Second Chance (lol) as I was by my first. Maybe even more so. And this chapter was a lovely additon, it was nice to see that date in detail after hearing it mentioned in the 'main' story. Looking forward to more! :)
CountryGrl chapter 2 . 11/18/2010
Been waiting to get to these, and this didn't disappoint - excellent! I may have to read SC again, because...well, one because I need to remind myself of the details to benefit from this little collection fully, and two cuz it's a good excuse to wallow once more in its complete and utter awesomeness ;) but anyway - Eleven and Amy are just perfect in this. I was fairly sure it was Amy right away but I was involved enough in what Sarah was saying that the reveal still meant something. The Doctor's bit at the end was lovely, though I must admit I can't remember Sarah having to die in Nicole's place, either I'm really rusty or there was some alternative. See this is why I need to go read it again. Think I'll go do that now and come back to these :)
KrazyKimmy chapter 7 . 7/27/2010
Ah!

AHHHH!

AAAAHHHHHHHH!

You... you killed Sarah Jane?

:O

!

...At least you gave her a nice send off! XD