Reviews for The Pain is Worth the Thunder
lexi'ssorryforthis chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
*tears of blood* THAT WAS SO GOOD!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Amazing story.
lipglosskaz chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Brilliant...really well written. I love your view on Sam,
LadyBeryl chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Very enjoyable. My thoughts on Sam almost exactly, but I do not have your writing talent. :)
StrawberryLaceSuicide chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Entirely perfect. You manage to capture his character completely, somehow.

Xx
ElizaT chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Caramba!

Eu chorei!

Amei o jeito como você explorou Sam, a 5ª temporada acabou sem que eu visse tudo que eu queria ver, mas essas fanfics completam!
shimmerinstars chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
I wsn't going to read this being I'd like to forget how Kripke told Season 4 and 5 and Sam of those seasons. But I'm glad I did. Sam was lied to his whole life and never had any control over it. He was a pawn and victim and kripke betrayed this character when he tried to paint him as the villain when he knew full well that Csstiel and the Angels owned that role.

Beautiful words for a beautiful soul which is what Sam is and has always been, even during his lowest moments.

Thank you for giving voice to Sam something this show has rarely given him.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
In the end Sam did take Lucifer back to the cage. It wasn't fair but it was something he could do.
JediMagnet09 chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
O.o Whoa. That was amazing. I think that's one of the clearest, best stories from Sam's pov that I've ever read. It just...crap, it just clicks perfectly. Wow. I love his moment of clarity in the end, his realization. Dang, the whole thing was just amazing. Great job! :)
licorice stick chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
This really reconciled the season finale for me. I hated what they had been doing with Sam's character for quite a while, but I really enjoyed the take this story took on it. It was very touching and insightful. Awesome, I love your writing.
fatewalker chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
I love, love, love the bit near the end that describes family, peace, control, freedom, and anger. (And the whole fic). Mind if I put that bit up on my quotes/profile on FB, so long as I give you credit?
scootersmom chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
This was such a wonderful story and showed Sam's thoughts and feelings so well! I hate how the show keeps making him seem evil and not as good as Dean. I hate how they have changed his character so much. I love how you showed his thoughts and feelings and just how much he gave up during his lifetime, and ultimately during his death. I think you did such a great job giving insight into his character! I know all of us Sam girls are glad to see some great writing like this! The writers of the show need to read this and other Sam stories and give him credit. After all, he gave up everything to save the world!

Sorry to have a tirade! Thanks so much for your story, I trully loved it! Keep writing about our Sam!
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
Is it possible to be so utterly blown-away that you can hardly breathe?

I wish I could find the words to describe how amazing, how enlightening, how intense, how damn POWERFUL this story was, but I'm honestly too shell-shocked to say anything even mildly adequate.

Some of my absolute favorite quotes:

"This life will kill him, and Sam knows now that the real monsters aren't the things that go bump in the night, but the day to day tasks that keep him confined to a box he could never fit."

...Wow. Not only did you manage to apply this PERFECTLY to Sam, but you also made it so relatable that I got shivers down my spine.

"Save him or kill him. Just don't trust him to do it for himself."

...Very simply said, and perfectly put.

"Family isn't something that makes you happy, it's something that completes you. Peace isn't something you find, it's something you choose. Control isn't something you take, it's something you maintain. Freedom isn't something you're granted, it's something you discover on your own. And anger...anger isn't something you ignore. It's not something you conquer. It's not something you can even control. It's something you let go."

...Ties in with the theme flawlesly, and again creates a paragraph that applies to EVERYONE'S life. I have a document which I call "Favorite Quotes", and every so often, I'll hear something that strikes me, and add it. I'm proud to say that yours (this) is the first Fan Fiction quote I've ever put into the file. The way it was written and the simplicity of the statement affected me in a way I can't fully explain.

This whole story was not only well-written, in-character, and one of the most intriguing and best introspections I've ever read...It was also one of the most personal fics I've ever had the honor to read, and through reading it, I discovered some truths about myself and my life. I completely related to Sam, and read this fic at the perfect time, as it was exactly what I needed in my life right now.

So thank you for sharing your phenomenal writing. It's benefited me in ways that even I could never have imagined. Keep up the amazing work! :)
May Eve chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
This is absolutely perfect. Well done.
Hunnique chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
This was beautiful and thoughtful and very well written. Thank you.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »