Reviews for The Pain is Worth the Thunder
cold kagome chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
AWWWE.. SOO SAD..
Zara Zee chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
An excellent and truly moving character study. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you.
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Wow, I really like you're inside into Sam on this. That was a hard episode to watch but so rewarding. :)
Jen-2b chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Hello Faye Dartmouth,

wow, this is an amazig story and I loved every part of it- thank you so much for writing it.

The way you really understood Sam's Charakter is amazing and fascinating.

Keep up this great work!

Greetings from Germany

Jen
rahne2 chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Faye

This was worth the wait, and I'm glad you came to an understanding with the Sam we've watched grow up these past five years. (He 'owns my soul' too.) I've never had trouble understanding Sam's anger. Raised by a father who couldn't let his fierce love show for fear of falling apart and never pulling himself together again, a man like John who was so desperately afraid of losing the rest of his family that he had to obsessively control everything around him-how could a boy like Sam NOT rebel? Sam, smart and driven, needing to excel to prove his worth to himself and his family, wanting to learn everything his mind could hold and make new connections, longing for safety and stability as all children do, yet forced to fail over and over. Sam was born to question, it's how he made sense of his world, and John couldn't handle or even understand that. And Sam wasn't mature or worldly enough to read the love and fear John hid so well.

Then on top of so much frustration and anger his attempt to forge a new life for himself was ripped away, and he was forced with loss after loss to understand that his life would never be his own, that he would never be safe, that eventually he would lose everything, even Dean. Can you blame him for his rage? Sometimes it must have been the only thing that got him out of bed in the morning. And like his father, he needed it, couldn't let it go. What has always been so quintessentially Sam is his ability to hold onto his gentleness and compassion, his basic goodness. Even at his lowest point, he never lost his desire to do what was right, and it took Dean too damn long to seeit,in my opinion. But in the end he was able to give Sam what he needed most, his unconditional love and trust. And Sam, knowing that Lucifer wanted his pain and rage, finally knew what he had to do. And he let it go. A year before, he was ready to sacrifice his soul. But what was asked of him was to sacrifice his pain, his justified anger, his hard won power. And he let it go. Beautiful. Heartwrenching. Thanks for giving us the Sam we love so much in your thoughtful prose. Looking forward to more.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Beautiful and awesome. :) Loved it.
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
wow...you always know how to hit it right on...

great job! :D
Psychee chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
That was wonderful. It was insightful and made me reconsidering some of my conceptualizations of Sam. I truly beleive it gave me a deeper understanding of the character. Thanks
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
It's so good to get this glimpse inside Sam's psyche over the years from very early until his thoughts and realizations at the last moments.

Enjoyed this a great deal.

Nicely done. :)
anka-x chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Faye, I love the way you write Sam. Beautiful writing, one more time.
tigerlily-too chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This is a beautiful and heartbreaking character study. There is no other character on television right now as complete, interesting and heart-wrenching as Sam Winchester, and my gosh, do you ever get him.

Thank you for sharing this.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
This is absolutely beautiful and very moving. Such wonderful insight into Sam's character and the anger that drove him, until he let it go. Exceedingly well written.
amy jonas chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
OH MY GOD! You have read my mind.

It's something you let go.

I've been saying for weeks before the finale that the clue to Sam's success would come out of his advice to Molly in Road Kill... to let go off the things we cling to. And for Sam is was always that anger, that rage.

I think Sam did do as you wrote...he managed to let go of his anger adn that is how ... along with what you mentioned about brotherhood he was able to get control.

I wish show had been able to convey what Jared attempted to show, but the writing just wasn't there.

I shall love you forever in writing this.

Amy
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
AWESOME!

Can't really say more to this. I like this view on Sam and his anger, and I love this line:

"And anger...anger isn't something you ignore. It's not something you conquer. It's not something you can even control.

It's something you let go."

As I said. Awesome!
MGBR chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
As always, I enjoyed your insight into Sam's mind, his anger, his emotions. Well done, Faye.
48 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »