Reviews for The Pain is Worth the Thunder
Marlowe97 chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
AWESOME!

Can't really say more to this. I like this view on Sam and his anger, and I love this line:

"And anger...anger isn't something you ignore. It's not something you conquer. It's not something you can even control.

It's something you let go."

As I said. Awesome!
MGBR chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
As always, I enjoyed your insight into Sam's mind, his anger, his emotions. Well done, Faye.
LOSTrocker chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
You got me tearing up and having me go back to being the Sam!Girl I once was. Gah, so beautifully written. You got him down to a T.
Cainchan chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
really wonderful...
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Excellent!
kooie chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Wow, I really had to control myself not to start bawling... Haven't happened in a long time. Thanks for this, hope we had more insight (or some finally) from Sammy next season. I really need this story not to end at 5.22 now.
FraidyCat chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
A tour de force.

"He likes the notion of dying as a hero since he's pretty sure he can't live like one..."

Damn, girl. You break my heart.
Winter Stars chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Oh my goodness. That was so beautiful, Faye. Thank you so much for sharing. There's an underlying gentleness that's simply there in every phrase, yet it's so strong and true and it truly felt real. You really have Sam spot on, and it's just beautiful to dive into Sam's head like that, and see. Without a doubt a very beautiful piece of work. Thank you. :)
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
"This is the dream deferred, Sam realizes. It doesn't disappear, it explodes, it explodes and it explodes and it explodes."

This is so immense and sweeping a character study that I just don't have the words to do it justice. It could only have been written by someone with incredible love for all that Sam it. Great, great work, my dear.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
This was beautiful. You really got inside Sam's head here and I love your interpretation of what he might be thinking as he let himself fall into the pit. These lines in particular really touched me:

"Family isn't something that makes you happy, it's something that completes you. Peace isn't something you find, it's something you choose. Control isn't something you take, it's something you maintain. Freedom isn't something you're granted, it's something you discover on your own.

It's something you let go."

Very powerful. And very true. I loved Sam's redemption and how finally at the very end, against all the odds, he was at peace with himself.
Dawn N chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Wow, Faye! Most excellent :-) :::claps hands:::
Sotobow chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I've always liked the independent streak a mile wide in Sam (even if it can go overboard). It's gotten interesting as he tries to balance that and his love for his pretty possessive family. I think you've hit on it just right here. I loved little Sam just refusing to leave after his arguments had gone unheard. And of course the inevitable chores that followed. :)

"it's that family's lie" The way this reads, it looks like it's supposed to be 'families lie.' If this isn't a typo, sorry. Just thought I'd let you know - I'd want to know, so I figured I'd do the same for someone else. :)

"This life will kill him" - five times. Lol!

"To become a person who could have saved Jessica by not making the mistake of loving her in the first place." This broke my heart to read.

"Save him or kill him. Just don't trust him to do it for himself." I love that you've brought this up - in connection to the finale, Dean let Sam make the choice, and that means a lot, especially when it's the choice Dean never would/could have made. Lovely work here.

"He doesn't know what will happen, he suspects it won't be good, but it's his choice, his freedom" Both Sam and his brother value freedom highly. In different ways, but still. It's awesome that you've honed in on that.

Lovely story!

Sotobow
kelhome chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
So lovely and sad. So SAM. Nicely done.

K
Musica Diabolos chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
Wow...I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You are absolutely brilliant. This was a beautiful examination of what the finale showed us and also what it didn't show us, tying together those details that made Sam such a fantastic character (and made us Sam!girls believe in him, even last season :)) Congratulations on another great piece of writing.
anon chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
This is by far the best exploration of Sam I have read. Thank you for sharing this.
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »