Reviews for The Not So Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Well, I suppose there is no need to say that this story is one of the best I have ever read. It is obvious. And actually I have read loads of fanfiction. It is very difficult to find something alike. Especially if we are talking about "The Twilight saga".
But what I really want to say is that I hope you will be fine. It doesn't really matter if you will go on writing or not. Sometimes it is impossible to do the things we used to enjoy. It is sad, but it is so. It is not like I will stop checking on this story from time to time( I have done this for a few years now..). I know that you probably won't even read it, but..l I should have written it anyway. Hope you are happy and healthy. Hello from Russia!:)
blinddivinity chapter 11 . 5/21
Rereading all of the stuff Alec has done to Bree, I hope she doesn't forgive him for a while.
Great chapter.
blinddivinity chapter 10 . 5/21
Yes I did go "aaaaaaawwwwwww" at the kiss. Even though I aww'd, I hope Bree kicks him again. I don't want them to go all lovey-dovey so quickly.
Interesting about Bree's gift.
Will your version of SM's vampires have their own culture and rules? SM didn't really go into that.
I love how unappologetic Alec is.
blinddivinity chapter 8 . 5/21
Love this fic. I read Alec's version first, liked it so much I decided to read this one.
I really hope that the Volturi aren't as bad as they were in the books (or as weak).
Did Jane leave Bree alive because she - deep, deep, deep down - realize that she was important some how?
Will the Romanians get involved?
Bitterblue007 chapter 13 . 4/26
This fanfiction was GREAT ! I loved, I hope you continue writing the rest of the story and if you are then I am dying for the rest ! No pressure though
Bitterblue007 chapter 1 . 4/26
Wow, I am so excited at how things turned out in the end ! I had never thought of a Alec/Bree shipping and now that you introduced the possibility... I am absolutely thrilled !
Guest chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
So let me start off by saying that I *loathe* the Twilight series and that the existence of OCs (which is what Bree basically is because Meyer did so vanishingy little with her in canon) is usually the quickest way to get me to nope right out of a fic and never look back wirh rarepairs like this being a close second. In addition I don't havevan account, have never left a review on fanfiction before, and know you'll probably never read this.
But this? This is absolute gold. I went into this story with no small amount of skeptcism and trepidation off of a Tv Tropes fic recomendation and by the end of the first chapter I was a mix of "I never knew I wanted it until I wanted it" and "I need the next chapter right now immediately." The characherization of these so often overlooked minor characters is suberb, the plot is gripping and aside from a few minor typos, the writing is fantastic. I switch between wanting to high-five Alec and Bree, wrap one or both of them in a warm blanket and feed them soup, and smash their faces together while screaming "Now kiss damn it!." Personally, as a huge Volturi fan (I *can't stand* the Cullens, for reasons you so beautifully outlined in ATaH amongst other things), I like to think that Bree noped right out of the Cullen cult, joined up with Alec and the Volturi, and runs around being the BAMF we know she is as a Volutri guard, while being friends with the female guards (because fuck yes female friendships) and thick as thieves with her sister-in-law Jane.
I know fanfic doesn't pay bills, and that school, personal relationships, and all that other messy real life goodness comes first, but I truly, sincerely hope your passion for writing fanfiction comes back and you give this story the ending it deserves. Even though this story hasn't updated in 5...6 years, I still come back every few months to re-read what was posted and be whacked by disappointment (hope springs eternal!) at the lack of an update. In a fandom plagued by nightmarish characterization, horrendous writing on both a technical and creative level, Mary-Sue Ocs, and plots that are both boring amd illogical, and some truly *horrible* themes and morals, this story stands in direct opposition to all of them and is a true gem, making this famdom better merely by existing.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2016
The way you write is amazing, and I really adore the persona you've created for Bree. Even though it's likely that you won't continue this, I'm still glad that I was able to find this hidden gem of a story. I hope that wherever you are, you are doing well and achieving your dreams.
ivylene.h chapter 13 . 8/26/2016
omg you NEED to update this story! Your writing is so spot on with all the characters I love it plus I am DYING to know if Bree is going to be with Alec or Seth. Please continue :)
Guest chapter 13 . 7/8/2016
* gets down onto her knees and begs *

Pleeeaaase update ! C'mon please ! I

* sobs * I'll do ANYTHING ! PLEASE :-(

Just kidding. :-)

Not :-(

Actually I am just kidding :-)

This is actually one of the BEST fanfic Bree-Alec-Seth ! Seriously!

So UPDATE !

We love you !
Guest chapter 13 . 5/21/2016
I love this story please continue. Maybe Alec finds out Bree is taken from Alice and gets really pissed and then shows up to save the day idk. BUT PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS STORY. There are only a handful of Bree/Alec fanfics out there and we need every one of them.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/24/2016
I just finish this story and I have to say; this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read.

This story made me wish Stephanie Meyer didn't kill off Bree by the end of Eclipse, it was sad. And "Ashes through an hourglass" made me like Alec even more, I never like that guy until I read this. It also made me understand that the Volturi aren't really the "bad guys" they're just merciless, not evil.

When I reached to the end of chapter 10, It made my jaw dropped that it was actually Alec from the Volturi kissing Bree!

I think you're a really good writer, you really have good potential on publishing your own book. I will read It but I can't find your Facebook page, unfortunately.

I even read the "The Short Seconf Life of Bree Tanner" before I read the entire story, I was struggling on not reading this.

I know it's been 5 years since you last updated, but I have hope that your enthusiasm on writing fanfic will come back and you'll finish this story, maybe I'll be Bree age when you update. For now I'm just predicting on what will happen next to Bree. I'm thinking that Carlisle will show up.

So all I want to say is thank you for writing the story about the alternate life of a little vampire girl who was never given a chance.
MegKY chapter 13 . 4/23/2016
This has got to be the best Bree Tanner story out there! I'm so glad I decided to check out fanfiction about her, it led me to this amazing story. I love Bree's thoughts, it's so her, how you wrote it. She's wise, sensitive, emotionally-wrecked, traumatized, funny, smart, and peculiar. It's brilliant! I could go on reading this forever.

Man, chapter 13. I wanted it to go on and on! I'll be coming back from time to time, because I had a great time reading your work. It brought out so many emotions and seriously, Bree being alone and leagues away from home, finally experiencing independence and learning while also exposed to the dangers of being a newborn - it's an breath of fresh air! I love how the story is focused on Bree...the Cullens and Alec and Romanians are great too, but I'm glad you tackled this like how you did. Bree is young but she is also mature and she knows her way and she is open, albeit defensive, but she is open to the opinions of others. That was a really insightful piece about the Cullens. Instead of wasting time shopping, redecorating and buying cars or repeating highschool, they could have done more, but then again just because they can does it mean they should? It was very insightful and thank you for including moments like that.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/18/2016
For some reason Alec and Bree remind a little bit of Edward and Bella.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/17/2016
What? No,no,no! Why do you have to end it like this! why!?

Anyway, good story!