Reviews for Distance
HughSoSexy chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
"I so think Gillian was taking her distance at the end because of fear. That she really did want to go with Cal. That what Helen said made her think of what she's afraid of. What do you think?"

I couldn't not agree more.
VEEBS8 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
I totally agree! But, I wish she hadn't.

Loved the story, you captured Gillian perfectly.

I'll be looking out for more :)
StepFurther chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
WOW! it has to be really what she thought and felt. but the end for this ep was really painful! :( will you go on with this fic? i want to read more!
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I agree with you about Gillian distancing herself. Heck she even went and stood behind her desk while she answered him!
sexyscientist chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Ahh you read my mind during that episode! That was exactly what I imagined going through Gillian's head as I watched last night! Excellent job :D
lesnympheas chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
This was so amazing. I think that Gillian acted that way too. We could all see she so wanted to go out with Cal. Anyways this was amazing 3
hotforteacher chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Wow, very spot on! I was getting that vibe from Gillian at the end too!
xyber116 chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I think you are completely right. I was totally bummed out because I'd like for them to get closer but that doesn't look like that is going to happen. Hopefully, that changes as the season goes on.
SassyCop chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I think originally this ep was supposed to come later in the season. After Cal's fling or two and after Gillian's debacle with Burns. Which would have had her fear in this scene make more sense. I agree with your take on why she didn't go. She was skeptical and afraid. IMO this is where season 3 will take us. One or both of them being scared to go for it and the dance continuing for quite some time...
FrozenInTheMoment chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
just exactly what i was thinking! THANK YOU FOR WRITING IT!
lrigD chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I cursed Helen as soon as the episode was over... Or rather, I cursed Gillian for believing it!

I don't understand it, either, because they've been friends for a long time, right? Wouldn't that already qualify as being 'in the long haul'?
jellyamulet chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
That was an awesome recap from Gill's POV! And I completely agree with you that she didn't go to dinner with Cal because of what Helen said. It looked like she wanted to, but then thought for a moment and turned him down. I also noticed that she was stroking the paper she was holding, maybe for comfort. (Just an observation.) That was an awesome episode and an awesome piece! I'm glad someone wrote about it. Thanks!
TinaH chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I liked your story. You gave good insight into Gillian's character. I thought this episode was great. I agree that Gillian is afraid and she doesn't want to cross a line. She probably doesn't want to be in the same category as Helen. Cal does not make the best choices when it comes to women and I don't think she wants to be a part of that group. But I agree that Gillian finds it easy to love him.
Solivagant chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Loved the fic! I think you captured Gillian very well:) You know, that episode left my head spinning! I had to watch it twice through before deciding how I felt about it...

And yes, of course she's afraid. Anyone with any sense would be afraid of Cal, of what he could do.

Miranda
likemermaid chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
**'The thing about Cal is he's…' She began to explain.

'Insufferable.' Helen filled in for her.**

Ow! that moment was really fun))

yes, I agree with you. I think Gill afraid oh my god very afraid to cross the line and that slowly killin' me! Maybe Cal needs to cross it first then?heh can't wait for ep.12!

Nice fic and I'd like to read more like this for new episodes!;)