Reviews for The Serpent and the Mirror
Wow, your story is wonderful! My first thought regarding Dudley and the family secret was that Lily had sexually abused Harry and Dudley was the result.

I think it's amazing that you found such symbolism in the HP universe.
Amberflames chapter 10 . 4/15
I hardly ever review stories, but this was one of the most amazing, thoughtful, and eloquent fictions (fan made or not) I think I have ever read. Ever.
Never doubt yourself. You are an amazing writer, and you hav truly changed the way I think about the world of Harry Potter.
WittyBasketcase chapter 1 . 4/4
This is interesting !
emyrsonh chapter 9 . 3/16
Amazing.
graceandpipp chapter 10 . 1/31
This was definitely a different take, but I did really enjoy reading it. Good Job. :D :D
LunaFlos chapter 1 . 1/13
You are truly gifted! this is so amazing that I can't describe in words!
Carottal chapter 10 . 12/27/2016
Wow, I must say I am impressed! I've been browsing through some of your stories for a week now, left some reviews sometimes, (you seem to really enjoy wine, you know?) and this one is pretty different from the other stories. Good different. And if interesting is a word I use often when reviewing stories (Yay for wide vocabulary) I think few stories deserve it as much as this one. Because damn, it was interesting!

I wonder how long you spent building the parallelisms, the symbols, between your story and Harry's. Was it because of a theory you came upon? Was it something that slowly matured in your mind? Was it all started with a drunk talk with friends? But it was interesting! I just loved all the symbolisms you found, and read every chapter awaiting breathlessly for what new take you'd bring to the Harry Potter story. So yep, even though the mystery and the references made things interesting, I found myself interested in the making of the story as much as the story in itself. And it made the reading twice as enjoyable.

Dumbledore's comments were not exactly professional but they were fun! When Severus appeared, I wondered if Dumbledore was the one in therapy in fact. That or he became crazy trying to understand Harry. I like to believe this Snape was real though, because I'm happy we got some answers (all the more when I had guessed Harry had a dead twin, though I leaned on the theory that he was killed with Harry's umbilical cord or something like that, because of all the birth references found).

I liked the moments Dumbledore could see Lily. They were full of that mystery, I could feel the answer to the mystery was right here, at a veritaserum (now I wonder what Dumbledore thought of that potion) dose away from grasp. Only the potion doesn't exist and Lily remains silent.

I think this is my favourite story from you, and one of the most interesting I read on the Harry Potter fandom. So thank you for offering this new take on the books, inviting us to look for more uses of symbolism, and creating this new world to make everything live. Oh, and for this great assistant who likes sport so much she'd create strategies and moves for a game that doesn't exist! Minerva was my favourite character, strangely enough!
LittleMeowMoo chapter 9 . 12/24/2016
That was heartbreaking
How painfully sad.

But one thought kept popping up while reading this... how much research did you put into this ?! O.o Your brain must be full of random stuff now xD
Kisaki Sakura chapter 9 . 10/20/2016
Wow, I hadn't seen that coming. But I love this interpretation. This, my dear, was genius.
Kisaki Sakura chapter 4 . 10/20/2016
Damn, this story is amazing!

I can add to the symbolism of four.
The four elements are represented in the Tournament as well. His fight against the dragon is air, the fight underwater is well, water, the maze is earth. Add the Goblet of Fire and you have all four.
Again there is a division: 3 are trials, one is the catalyst. The fire is what started it all. Adding your interpretation of the Cup symbolizing females, probably Lily, than this year could mean that everything is Lilys fault - but she was tricked, confused by Mody-Barty-Voldemort.
Jessicamathews65 chapter 9 . 8/4/2016
This is so introspective im already looking at the hp series with new eyes it disects the secrets in the story so wonderfully and we can see what led to everything. Awesome
Jessicamathews65 chapter 8 . 8/4/2016
Wow wow you know im not sure what to say. This is enthralling
Miraculously Ridiculous chapter 8 . 7/25/2016
I have no words... I FREAKING LOVE THIS STORY it has me rethinking everything! I literally have no words this book (I think this completely rewritten version is too good to be classified as a fanfic) is bloody brilliant and wonderful. Please for the love of humanity keep writing!
Iesh chapter 9 . 7/6/2016
I have read (and reviewed) this story before. Re-reading this story after knowing the secret makes it much more brillant. Every secret, every dissection shows how well the ending just fits. Brillant.
Anon chapter 9 . 6/19/2016
LOLOL THE CULLENS
but wooooooah what a twist thanks