Reviews for The Serpent and the Mirror
Ani Mei chapter 10 . 3/22
I can't quite verbalize how amazing this fic is and how talented you are. The writing is superb, the attention to detail and the analysis blows my mind. Not to mention there is a very engaging plot and you incorporated so many details. It all makes sense, and now that I'm seeing everything you pointed out, I'm starting to wonder if this is the story that JK Rowling was writing.
Shya kitty chapter 10 . 3/15
So, I read this story years ago and then lost track of it. A year or two back I started to desperately search for it, but had no luck. Every so often I looked for it, but still with no results.
Then today I just stumbled onto it when I was looking through an author's favourites list. I nearly cried with joy! Then I quickly read the entire thing for a second time, and I'm just so happy right now! I really enjoyed reading this, it was a good work out for my brain, and it was kind f like reading two stories at once(it's hard to describe it, and how remarkable it is, but it's like reading the Harry Potter books with a fanfiction in the background...).

Thank you so much for writing this!

Now that it's in my favourites list, I will never lose it again!
Amazing just amazing i don't have any other words
cecilytoo chapter 10 . 2/11
A truly wonderful story. Well done! :)
Charlie0925 chapter 9 . 1/7
Wow, just, WOW!

This fic completely blew me away! AMAZING WRITING HON! Seriously, you floored me with this, I couldn't stop reading it! Cannot wait to start on the next one! ;o)
Just awesome! I love the way you portrayed the characters especially Snape Black and the parents. Particularly out of these the severe.
losen chapter 10 . 12/15/2014
It's such an amazing story! It's seamless and every little bit and piece in JKR's original series fell into place in this beautifully written story. There are quite a few writers who wield a wonderful command of mythology, psychoanalysis and suspense, but yours is by bar the best when it comes to tying up all the clues and bringing the plot to a meaningful and realistic end. I love the writing style of The Strange Disappearance of Sally-Anne. It's not too heavy on symbolism or psychoanalysis, and the language is extremely fluid and vivid, which makes me go back and read some paragraphs over and over again. I can easily imagine the story being made into an illustrated children's book because it has beautiful scenes and nuanced layers as well as delightful details, but like a painting it is not quite three-dimensional because the ending dwells not on reality but human psychology. However, the Serpent and the Mirror, with almost 8 out 9 chapters spent on deconstructing every little object/character in the HP series and building up a sense of darkness and foreboding dreadfulness, offers an extremely credible and realistic solution or rather, explanation to Harry's state of mind. Naturally I'm not a fan of the earliest school of psychology (why neuroscience is way more intriguing), the fact that Harry's scar has a passable medical cause to it brought smile to my face. Thank you for such a beautifully crafted masterpiece!
DarkFaery18 chapter 10 . 12/13/2014
Brilliant! I loved this fic so much! I'm going to read the sequel now.
kikistimi chapter 10 . 12/9/2014
This is amazing! Absolutely amazing!
This was very interesting and completely addictive, it was also a little freaky, but I couldn't stop reading. The original idea of Hogwarts and magic as a complex hallucination is brilliant. The development of the idea is even better. The analysis of the original story, the origin of the names and the connection of said names to the role the characters play... Everything... Everything is amazing.
I absolutely loved reading this!
JackRenee chapter 10 . 10/23/2014
Very interesting twist.
Cartz chapter 10 . 10/6/2014
I can't breathe I'm laughing and crying so hard. Dat plot twist doe
Bearhug01 chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
'Things are not what they seem to be…' the sentence that sooo true to this fic. Seriously, you and J.K Rowling are genius! Bravo for this awesome, amazing, and brilliant story!
LiAlH4h2o chapter 10 . 9/16/2014
Wow this was simply pure genius and I tip my hat to you as this was perhaps one of the best reading experiance so have had and the most intellectually stimulating on this site.
Bravo Brava Bravi
Mistress Avarice
Alraune chapter 10 . 9/13/2014
Very well written! I never realized just how MANY symbols there are in the Harry Potter series - I mean, anything is a symbol, right? ;) I loved your story, it was disturbing, yet fascinating... a really different story from anything I have read before!
Cepha96 chapter 9 . 8/20/2014