Reviews for Enhanced Vision
Prominence Flare chapter 1 . 4/8
You haven't updated this in ages, but honestly? I'm still interested in it. If there's any way you can continue it, or at least give the basis of it for someone else to do so, that'd be cool.
password0925 chapter 1 . 2/28
i'm surprised with the amount of interest that this fic is getting, or rather, not getting, based off of the number of reviews. the story is amazing and well-writ, and characterizations are enjoyable. as a reviewer said, seeing them as military personnels is believable, yet still retains a fun (and quirky) feel of their personalities that can be found in the games. the only bother i have is, as mentioned by another reviewer...is that there aren't that many interactions with the other CO's. though considering the story is still only a few chapters in, that leaves a lot to anticipate as there are a lot of chances and opportunities to bring out more CO's later.

hopefully, this story is not dead yet. i look forward to reading more of this splendid work.
Trades46 chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
I love how you portray the characters in this story. Even though AW1,2 & DS are far from serious games with comedic personalities, you managed to make everyone feel real enough to be actual military while keeping them feeling true to the game.

I can't wait for future updates.
Prominence Flare chapter 10 . 8/13/2014
Are you perhaps still looking to finish this story? It's rather good and I'm hoping you're just on a hiatus.

I'll understand if you have no intentions, however- some things just get away from us.
chaosrin chapter 10 . 4/25/2014
So glad you updated this. Always love this pairing.
Really like Sonja Andy's interaction. Come to think of it she don't interact often with other COs...might like to see more of.
Will be interested in what this game brings, here's hoping that the black pipes don't turn out bad.
By the way I quite like 'A Thorough Lashing' will wonder what's Sonja's payback.
AWorldWithoutShrimp chapter 10 . 2/11/2014
I'm glad to see you're updating again! This is one of the few quality AW stories out there and I've enjoyed reading it immensely. Your dialogue is both spot-on and a real pleasure to read.
For Spite chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
Oh good, more of this. The characterization continues to be excellent, not just Lash and Sonja but even Andy. Lash's objection to Sonja's plan is entirely sensible, but I suppose 'eventually going to collapse when there's a power interruption' is superior to 'never built at all' in Sonja's mind.

One minor complaint: "she didn't understand the practicality of wearing suspenders and a belt on the outside of one's pants" doesn't really make sense. I mean, opposed to what? Wearing them on the inside of one's pants? Maybe you just meant she didn't see the purpose in wearing both? If so, you could lose the pants part.
For Spite chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
It's good to see a multi-chapter fic devoted to this pairing. And no, your other one that's not on this site doesn't count, it skips straight to them being together.
I like the tactic Lash is taking here, making everything a game of wits, because it plays into Sonja's established character as a good set up for romance.
There are lots of nice little touches here that put together make the story good, like Grit's reaction to Sonja's declaration that 'none of them enjoy this' when she so clearly does or Flak's pride in the lenght of time it took him to learn a word. Small things make a story good and flesh out characters.
chaosrin chapter 8 . 2/10/2013
That letter is so Sonja-ish putting down her mind which i can so see that also the analysis of her reaction towards Lash. The Grand Chamberlain talking out the letter in a female tone for Kanbei is hilarious and it really speaks of Kanbei's love for his daughter. Thanks for updating and my bad for the delay in review.
chaosrin chapter 7 . 12/27/2012
Nice update don't see any mistakes and its been quite a while.
TheBleachDoctor chapter 7 . 12/12/2012
I love this story but why does it take a quarter of a year to update?
chaosrin chapter 6 . 10/27/2012
Always like the drama between Sonja and Lash.
Love the Lash filled interest. Still wish there's more sonja been a while since i
visit the advance war section. Anyway nice chapter and of the added details of the country is interesting.
Please do update this more often.
TheBleachDoctor chapter 6 . 7/28/2012
Oh, I thought this was dead!
Trainalf chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
It's short, but it's nice to see an update. So Lash IS up to something.
Sudentor chapter 5 . 5/20/2012
My finding this fic was the result of my attempting to look for Sonja/Lash yuri, which probably won't help raise any confidence on your part for my review. Nevertheless, allow me to say that this is one of the more well-written interpretations for Advance Wars that I've seen thus far. As a fairly "child-friendly" series, Advance Wars was always more cartoony than it was serious, and I'm rather impressed at how you managed to nail down the story to a spot closer towards reality, all without sacrificing the personalities and general levity of the characters by making them resemble actual real-life military leaders, something that likely would've made them darker and edgier. Even though the tone of the entire story was much more mature than anything Advance Wars 1, 2, and 3 ever presented, characterization of all the characters somehow remained spot-on, and I greatly applaud you for such.

Narratively, the story flows well even when you don't consider the adjustment in tone. Favorite parts so far include Sonja pelting an aide with anything not nailed down in frustrated anger (Sonja can be such a violent tsundere), Flak's inability to understand Colin's insults, and Sonja's episodes with Blue Moon's ministers. I'm mildly concerned by the pacing of the story when taking into account that you have stated this to be a Sonja/Lash fic and the general length of your chapters - Lash doesn't even make an appearance until "The After Party" - but you're good at keeping readers entertained until then, so that's a plus mark for me.

I'll be keeping an eye on this story, and hoping there will be an update soon. Heavens know you're writing for a medium that doesn't get enough attention, and your abilities deserve more credit.