Reviews for From the Ground Up
Disastergirl chapter 1 . 10/10/2010
This... is what fanfiction is for. Beautiful, powerful stories like this that manage to perfectly capture the essence of the original story and tell it from a slightly different angle, give a viewpoint that isn't seen. I love this story, its short and simple but perfect. It makes its point with such subtlety and restraint. I think you captured Hawkeye exactly as she is in the manga, all her emotions felt so real and vivid. The drama is restrained, but its very powerful. And, oh, the last two lines... they were heartbreaking but also empowering and hopeful at the same time. Reading them, I felt an irrational surge of pride for Riza (irrational because, well, she's a fictional character). Those two lines were so bittersweet: "if she is going to wear this uniform, she will wear it well" - that part in particular really affected me. I am in awe of your skill and really hope that you'll write more FMA fanfiction soon.
young dawn chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This was outstanding. You related Riza's tale like it was your own. It was brimming with detail, but the main point always came across harsh and true. You've made evident that Roy plays a major role in her story, though, ultimitely, it is her own. An unforgettable glimpse into Riza Hawkeye's life. Well done.

Always,

Sora(:
Super Sheba chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Aamalie, this was EXCELLENT. I squeed out loud when I saw you'd written FMA and that it was Royai. My mom asked me what I'd gotten so excited about. XD

I really enjoyed this piece, and your writing style has really evolved. I don't know if you remember our AIM chats back in the day, but since then, your writing has gone from good to outstanding. I'm very happy for you and it's a treat to read your work.
havocmangawip chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
This is beautiful. Tight and subtle. Well done!
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Very well done. Using the word "legacy" in both the first and last sentences was a nice touch. You did a good job of showing how Riza evolved from being just a container for her father's alchemy into her own person.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I liked the progression and it was well presented. Good glimpse.
Couple of Luck chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
a lot of interesting reasoning going here. When I was reading this story, I can almost imagine myself in Riza's shoes. Great writing!