Reviews for Uninteresting Matters of the Heart
pandapple7 chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
This was so cute! I always wondered if Izumi had some sort of feelings for Adachi, and your story captured his personality and his handling of the situation very well and believable. Loved how he constantly thought about his predicament, and how you weaved it into a bittersweet unrequited love story. And the part where he ties the roses with his tie...cute! Your story is my first Yankee-kun to Megane-chan fanfic I've read and I really loved it :)
Nikholas F. Toledo Zu chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Your characterization of Izumi is dead-on. I especially like the way you used a cliche and turned it into something more in the context of your writing. Amazing thing you did here. Well done!
chishiki chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Love it! One of the best YanMega stories around here. The best thing is that the feeling is understandable; he won't get it, but he gets it [kinda]. I finished reading with a big smile. :D
anoesism chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Gosh, this was SO, soooo good! Like, oh my gosh! You got Izumi's inner voice down to a pat. I love it! I wish there was more! I like this couple is one of my favourite besides the canon. Thank you for writing such a fantastic piece on this pairing
Pink Bismuth chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
This was an absolutely lovely one-shot. Bitter but sweet with a great sense of irony. It seems very in character to me. I really liked this, it was very well written.
AbominableToast chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
Oh, is just amazing.I know this isn't something to tear up over,but damn,there I ,good,good and Adachi make the cutest couple. 3 Thank you so much.

-Alex
the point chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
The moment I read the part where Adachi kicks Izumi's butt in the boy's washroom, and he had that look, and she was so nonchalant about her kick being blocked, and he just had to fly into the toilet... I knew he loved her. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been beaten so easily. I mean, he DID block her first attack - he had to be stronger than what we've seen so far... So, yeah, he must have developed a crush on her. So, imagine my excitement to see this fic, made ten times more awesome because it was written so well. I wish Yankee-kun to Megane-chan had a love triangle! XD
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Awww... Izumi's affections are such a complex package. The way he approaches it is as calculated as he always is, but laced with a surprising amount of emotion. You captured him very well. I like!
blackamorose chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
always believed that it was possible for izumi to develop feeling for hana, thank you for writing this.
DarkSmile chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
For some reason this was sort of tragic for me, the fact that Izumi was so okay with it made it worse I felt bad for him because being on the receiving end of irony sucks. Really enjoyed the fic.
Idle Writer of Crack chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
i'm stuck in japan for a month and that means watching Yankee-kun to Megane-chan in a language i'm still trying to grasp.

however its darn funny and enjoyable (even if i mess up my translations!) so i checked it out and found that it exists as a manga!

the guy who acts as izumi is fantastic and very unique looking (hot! errr...) so i wondered if adachi would be paired with him in ff.

sadly you're the only story. however its quality makes up for the quantity of the stories. loved this because its fitting ti the characters.

hope you write more. cheers.
1337 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
...I didn't think that this pairing was possible. But now, you've seriously converted me. Write on! xD
dreams.of.destiny chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I squealed, like, maybe five (I might mean fifteen) times when I read through this piece. It's just so perfectly IZUMI. And have I ever told you I Love You (*cough* Marry Me? xD) for being such a wonderful 'bard'? Your writing is wonderful, descriptive and not too detailed, which makes it not dull AT ALL.

I love the switching of tenses and tones (although I might just be delusional here), and especially the realization that first, he's in some degree of love and that second, Adachi will never return the feelings with the same intensity because, well, she's ADACHI. The Valentine!section was much much much love. I just... you write them... omg just write more YKTMC and I think we shall be best internet friends forever.

xD

Lux,

Dreamz

PS: This is perfect. I love it, because it's just... it's just so sad and sweet and he loves her and she likes him, but it's not love and they're just friends and *sighs blissfully* high school romances, no? xD
permanently purged account chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Beautiful in its bittersweet manner! And in such a small fandom as well, you do well. Please do write more Yankee-kun tou Megane-chan, I love your taste in pairings
hxrpwnage chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Typical Izumi.

You write YKTMC very well (all the characters fit in, and I appreciate the insertion/lengthy-mention of Miyazaki), I look forward to more fics, particularly in this lonely (and still lovely!) microfandom.