Reviews for Sins of the Piano Man
jansails chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
Bella's carrying too much on her small shoulders.

Charlie would be devastated to know Bella was shouldering his bills, dropping college, her pain over his illness.

Thank goodness shehas supportive friends who want to take her away from the monotony of responsibility & duty.

jansails/jan

PS: it sucks the Twi-haters are here during "Eclipse" premiere.
vampyregirl86 chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
you know they say you wake up before you die in dreams :) hopefully you can get it out before then! boo on friends that are twi-haters!
Eyes of Topaz chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
Great chap, Solar!

Interesting to see Lauren being a good person for once..LOL.

Although you didn't give us too much too soon, you did a great job at building Bella's character - very interested to hear more of her past - where Renee is, how she got the scar etc.

So sad about Charlie...but makes for an interersting twist on things.

I had a perfect picture in mind for Hal - your personal characters were well described and easily to visualize!

Have a great visit with your pals (even though they are twi-haters) and will look forward to your next post!
rachael1042 chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
Yay! He learned how to be a veggie. This makes me happies. I can't wait to meet Bella though. Now, where's chapter 3? You're killing me here!

XO,

Rachael
BingoFish chapter 2 . 6/17/2010
very promising story. Love your writing and cannot wait for the next update :)

Thanks for sharing.
sapphirescribe chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
I loved the explanation of Edward trying the steak! It struck me as a very Emmett thing to try, but described in a very Edward way. Also, you capture Edward's voice very well. Can you maybe finish Midnight Sun because I'm pretty sure you could write it better than SM...
Lady Dragona chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
I find this chapter refreshing and love how you are using a diary of sorts to move the story along hime wise. I think it is great that Edward has a pet dog that helped him find that he could drink animal blood and now does not have to worry with the contacts because his eyes are golden. I look forward to this story move everytime I read.

What a great birthday present - even if you didn't know that the 8th was my birthday.
Aleeab4u chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
I really enjoyed this chapter, the little diary like snippets of how Edward has fared in the years since he spared Renee, and baby Bella's, lives was fascinating and I found I didn't want it to end. :-( His fight to abstain, his loneliness, his musical endeavours/compositions to try to atone for his sins was all sad and a tad amusing. You've written Edward with a touch of sarcastic black humour which I love.

Lucky the dog was a great addition and an intriguing way for Edward to discover the 'vegetarian' lifestyle. The animal is missing a few common sense brain cells cozying up to a half starved vamp in an alley, but then I might do the same should the situation present itself and the vampire was none other than EC, lol. ;-)

Lots of questions dancing around in my head at this point. Who's Edward's 'creator'? Will they meet up in this story? When will E & B meet? Will he know who she is; recognize the scent he barely understood when he was with Renee? Can vampires get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from too much 'shower time'? lol.

I'm really looking forward to reading how it all plays out and where you're going with the story, solar. You're the real deal girl and I'd give just about anything to have a thimble full of your talent. Keep up the amazing work!
Aleeab4u chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Loving this first chapter. What a fascinating premise. First of all an Edward who feeds off the bad guy and then justifies taking the life of an 'innocent' as a once monthly 'treat' or something that 'society owed' him is something I've never read before and found kind of amusing. (Reminded me of the way I justify dessert, lol.) He's generally portrayed as having both feet planted on one side of the fence or the other, rarely do we get an Edward who straddles the line the way yours appears to do here. Secondly having his first encounter with Bella be in utero? How cool, and again, unique and highly intriguing.

I really loved the way you've captured Renee. It felt like a real glimpse into how her character might have behaved in the early days of her pregnancy.

As usual your writing is flawless and beautiful with descriptions that create perfect mind pictures to go along with the story. I'm already hooked and invested.
PurpleMatter chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
Aw, I'm glad you like my reviews! I try. : )

Hmm...won't Alexander Jang be a little surprised that this reclusive composer is only twenty years old? I like Lucky, but I always imagined Edward a cat person. (Then again, I do own two...;]) Still, it's good for him to get out of the house...or the shower.

Speaking of - I don't know, Edward masturbating in the shower amuses me. The entire fandom seems so split as to whether he was a man of great piety and never, ever, ever touched himself or was obsessively masturbating all over the place. I don't know. I think they're both funny. Oh, you know what else I found so hilarious? Edward composing ten-year-old Bella lullabies. The way they mate in these books is ridiculous but I love it. But yes, nice touch.

I totally thought Lucky died when Edward was "heartbroken" and we never got a mention of him again till the last line.

Is it bad I just want Bella to pop up and say, "hi, i was the fetus you saved" and Edward can be like "mwah"

But I get the feeling that's not gonna happen.

Update soon and good luck on your novel! 3
jansails chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
Oh so intriguing & beguiling: how Edward resolved to live differently, what drove him, what helped him pass the time.

jansails/jan2
vampyregirl86 chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
hmmmmmm interesting :D cant wait for the next one!
Eyes of Topaz chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
:O)

Another fabulous chapter - I loved the idea of Lucky, such a daring dog! Really a different idea and it really orchestrated his discovery of "the vegetarian lifestyle." I can't wait to see where you go next!

Awesome!
Camilla10 chapter 2 . 6/15/2010
Wonderful chapter. I love the dog. So sad that normally vampires, particular veggie ones, can't have pets. But Edward is special and the dog too.

Now, please, some background. Who turned him? and why he is rich?
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
This is an amazing beginning. I love how you are creating Edward's character. I wonder who created him. I love that he saved Renee' and her unborn child.
3,389 | « Prev Page 1 .. 215 222 223 224 225 226 Next »