Reviews for Home for Dinner and Weekends
Anifan1 chapter 7 . 6/1/2014
I really enjoyed this. It was very much in character, and consistent with canon. I'd love to see a continuation of this!
Hoodie Hugger chapter 7 . 3/16/2014
Wow. This should be part of the Visser book! Thanks for writing this.
wingswordsandmetaphors chapter 3 . 11/5/2011
Okay, now I see why they took her immediately. Also, I forgot to mention in my review of the chapter before this, I really like how you're doing this story. It's nice to see some more detail on how Eva became a controller than was in the books, and your characterazation is really good.
wingswordsandmetaphors chapter 2 . 11/5/2011
I thought most people joined the Sharing a while before becoming controllers, to try and get more voluntary controllers. Did they take Eva immediately so that she would support them at work?
rattyjol chapter 7 . 1/23/2011
This is /amazing/. You portray the characters and their emotions perfectly and it just slides right into canon.

Also, wee!Marco and wee!Jake are adorable.
dogman15 chapter 7 . 11/20/2010
Great story. I know it may not be easy or in your best interest to continue the story from here, but why not continue from Marco or Peter's point of view? How do they deal with Eva's "death"? Or maybe fast-forward to book 45 (The Revelation) and give Eva's point of view when the Animorphs come to rescue her. (Or any other point when Eva/Visser One appears in the main series.)

Back in chapter three, why didn't you make Edriss 562's previous host Lore David Altman, a.k.a. Lawrence Alter? Officially, she once controlled him, and as him was the founder of The Sharing. "Edriss then kills Altman so that he would be revered as the founder of the Sharing. She infests her last host, a woman named Eva (Marco's mother), and fakes her own death so that she can finally leave Earth and rejoin the Empire." (That's from Wikipedia, but it's official.) Who's Roger?

Lastly, I get my dates from both official sources and AniJen21's "The Earth Diary of Toby Hamee" story. The book series ended in May 2001, and the official website at that time was giving "secret" messages from the inside. This leads me to believe that 1997 (at the earliest) is when the Animorphs get their power, and the war lasts three years (that's official). It's also official that most of them are 13 when they start, and 16 when it's over.
dogman15 chapter 4 . 11/20/2010
I am currently reading this story, and I like it. For all intents and purposes, it's canon to me. The game they're playing (you know this already) is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The Pegasus Boots let Link run fast. This game had the "dark" and "light" worlds. I have never played it.

That game came out in 1991. In this story, did you say it was new? Because Marco and Jake would have been 10 around 1994, if they were 13 when the war started (1997) and 16 when it ended (2000), meaning they were born somewhere around 1980 to 1981. I guess Marco didn't get his game for three more years.

I'll keep reading. I'm glad that AniJen21 read this, because I really like her Toby Hamee story.
natural-blue-26 chapter 7 . 7/23/2010
{I'll make you eat that ambition.}

Just... Wow. Lovely story. Would love to see some Eva in-head victory dance later in the series from you at some point.

Sorry to spam your inbox, I only intended to read the first bit tonight. ;) Also, everything that looks like a 3 was a heart when I types it, don't know why ffnet ate them...
natural-blue-26 chapter 6 . 7/23/2010
That Marco/Eva/Edriss/chess thing you've got going is absolutely inspired. I'm even going to make Jakeking you sacrifice your other pieces to protect... And if Edriss only knew how many times Marco's going to play the game against her and then finally *win*... with of without stellar spelling skills. ;)

Yeerks that care about *lip gloss* ftw!
natural-blue-26 chapter 5 . 7/23/2010
Peter/Eva squish 3

I'm really digging this Yeerk v human culture debate. You really have something going with this- and Edriss has a un-Yeerk interest in Marco...
natural-blue-26 chapter 4 . 7/23/2010
Grrrrrr Edriss. Interesting how focused in she was on Eva having a child etc. Foreshadowing?

Rachel! Jordan! 3 Love how you have Rachel and Marco's fighting styles already bumping head :) Marco backseat driving Jake is too cute/funny... Since we all know how Marco's driving "skills" are later on.
natural-blue-26 chapter 3 . 7/23/2010
That was so cold and so totally Visser one. I wonder who Roger was...

I really love the montage of memories you chose.
natural-blue-26 chapter 2 . 7/23/2010
...Since I know where this is going to end up in series, all I can say is- those absolute b*st*rds. That guy in the office set her up, yes?

(The Marco character descriptions were lovely, though.)
natural-blue-26 chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Oh dear Lord how have I not read this before?

Eva is hell in heels ala Naomi and not taking shot from Chapman/ruling the office/being totally into her family/etc. (The M/R shipper in me is telling the T/R one to shut up and seriously consider if Marco has some Freud thing thing going on with strong women...)

Marco working the system and playing war with Jake (who is too cute for words with the whole feeling responsible for Marco/dirt/how to play dead) and having a bad fake Southern/British accent and... And... Poor baby has bad, bad things coming. :hugs:

I am so excited to finish reading all of this that's up XD

Peter/Eva is totally my adult pairing in Animorphs after Elfangor/Loren now ;)
nomadsland chapter 7 . 7/14/2010
Fantastic. I really can't think of anything else to say right now. Your work is simply fantastic.