Reviews for Painting the Nursery
Hoodie Hugger chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Very nice. I never before considered that the Ellimist might make up a background for Loren's new husband, I guess I just thought he would make her think her husband died or something.
mistrali chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
I've never thought about an Ellimist-created history for Loren's husband, but it makes so much sense that Loren's story of meeting her husband would have to fit with his. Beautifully done.
darklover chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Very interesting fic. I like your exploration of Loren's 'husband's' thoughts. Very well done.
Blondie Pants chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
poor guy. Both he and loren had everything stolen from them. i LOVE the fact that tobias sleeps better under a gold-red ceiling.

and the bit at the end is just beyond brilliant. simple, but there in lies the brilliance.
Soului chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I like the last part, and I love how you've brought up the step-father, how he might have had a better life that the Ellimist took him from as well. Very nice and a very different view on this concept.
Tobias Mason Park chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Nice! Stupid me; I assumed you were referring to Elfangor, up until you mentioned Loren calling her husband by the wrong name. You are brilliant.
GirlwithSword chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
Amazingly sad and beyond adorable, love the little Ellimist bit :)
hawktakesflight chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Awesome job.

I love the perspectives you take, and it's really a refreshing take on a world that we take for granted. Of course, the last three sentences are ominous and eerie enough, and it's a perfect rounding off to such a fic.

Your descriptions are not lacking, either - the scenes in your stories are very vivid indeed. It's a great job.

Odd, though - ironic that Tobias would sleep better a gold-reddened ceiling than a blue sky.

Perhaps the perspective of Tobias' teacher through your careful hands? Just a suggestion.

All in all, great job. It's a really refreshing read, your fics.

hawk
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Hadn't expected the ending, nice twist to this set.
nomadsland chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
I love the last three lines of the story. So potent.
elektra30 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
I like how you portrayed the way he loves her, but yet everything about it is wrong. Same with how he wants to love Tobias as a father, but everything isn't right at all. Great writing (:
AniJen21 chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
ooh this was chilling.

I never really considered that the Ellimist would not only have to fabricate Loren's history, but not her husband. And her husband was another figure I think we were just supposed to write off as a deserter, not worthy of consideration, and tbh I kind of always did. But this is such a good point, such a powerful, sympathetic motivation for him to do so.

the bedroom paint was such a good detail, too, even though I'm not quite...oh nevermind, the time matrix universe. I was thinking about the dome ship like "when would loren have seen an Andalite sky?"

And that little coda or epilogue thing, also great. I love when we're reminded that the ellimist may be all-powerful, but that doesn't mean he's perfect, and even something as simple as happiness still eludes him. It's like life, something that's perfectly easy (too easy in most cases) to replicate, but even now scientists can't CREATE it. Happiness is just another simple yet slippery thing you can't just contrive out of nothing. More elements than even an Ellimist can see are necessary.

idk. I really liked this. And the more I think about it, the more I like it. That means it's good :)