Reviews for Magical Lyrical GSquad
RBomber chapter 7 . 9/27/2013
Oooh yeah. It seems that this Susu is more sneaky that another certain Mr. S. Which like lightning. A lot. Which recently got Hoist By His Own Lightning and Blabbering Mouth. But he din't really mind it. Let's see if this Susu can live it up to that... (Cookies to the ones who got the references.)
GeshronTyler chapter 7 . 9/24/2013
Holy Crap, its an Update! Coincidentally, I had just recently been pondering if this story had gone the way of the Dodo...

Hmmm, rather sloppy of Arisa and Suzuka- that really could have "blown up" in their face in other ways (like being caught up in an instigated "police raid") , and still might. Explosions rarely destroy anything completely, its amazing how much modern forensics is able to (literally) piece together from incidents such as this. Off the top of my head, investigators ought to be able to figure out if any "native" explosives were used, and the wreckage of the weapons is going to be setting off all kinds of alarm bells. If "Suzu/Mr O(Orochi?P)" used more esoteric means to truly slag any remains to unrecognizable rubble, that will just make things point even more to the recent "visitors", as being the only people known/suspected to be capable of producing such results.

Really, both Arisa and Suzuka should be read the riot act, and put on a short leash. "Off the Reservation" activities like this can all too easily screw things up, and it would seem that Kyouya is already working on something on the TSAB's behalf.

Suzu would seem to be playing his own game, and not happy following his "sister". I will cautiously view this as a positive development, but that doesn't mean that his goals are necessarily "better" as far as Earth's future is concerned.
Aotrs Commander chapter 6 . 11/19/2012
After not checking the Nanoha fics for a while (which can fairly be blamed on the wealth of MLP fiction which is now starting to fade), I noticed that this had gone a lot further, and you'd started that other fic. And I realised it had been so long, I'd forgotten what had happened, so over the last month or so, I've worked my way all the way through from Crisis again, and enjoyed it as much as the first time. and the new parts are no exception! As always, I am eager to see where you go next! Keep up the good work.
reality deviant chapter 6 . 10/1/2012
it as if tsab has authority to arrest in earth, they are diplomatic mission, and as such are not to police as they see fit.
if russian policeman tried to make arrest in new york ...and this is no better.
the consept of OUTSIDE JURISDICTION seems unfamiliar to TSAB and i expect it to cause problems...
GeshronTyler chapter 5 . 8/9/2012
Lindy's antics are once more good for a chuckle. As I expected, Arisa and Miyuki managed to deal with the situation on the plane handily enough. Finding the bomb didn't pose too much trouble either. Having the clock ticking down just seconds away from zero hour, did come as a surprise. I doubt Suzuka can arrange for a teleport on such short notice, not too mention the jamming field should still be up. That leaves Suzuka going for broke and hacking the thing directly, I figure.

The fact that bomb is in fact counting down actively, and without any kind of overt incident in North or South Korea as the ostensible trigger, it's likely that the "game of thrones" among the "gods" is seeing a lively turn to backstabbing- With Hae-Soon just about to open discussions with Lindy, I don't see any reason for Hae-Soon to have arranged for the bomb to be going off at this moment, even if Lindy were ignorant of it. Since, as was pointed out, if the bomb goes boom, so does NK, and thus presumbably Hae-Soon's power base. Or part of it- it's quite possible that HS's "fiefdom" includes N&S K. The disruption caused to both nations, plus the TSAB's image being blackened for "bringing" the disaster about, serves the overall goal of preventing closer ties between the 97s and the TSAB, while perhaps sideling a rival/compettitor.

*Sigh*, every time I read a nice new fresh chapter, I have to wait for the next one. )

THanks, read you next time.
SapphoSensei chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Nicely written. Action scenes plotted out nicely. Overall liked the style of writing. Gave us a hint of each character although not so much Suzuka's. Wondered the ages because Arisa is much more mature then she usually comes across. Will the story begin to explain how they ended up with magic since they were the no magical girls in the series? Kind of like Lois Lanes to Superman. I overall enjoyed the 1st chapter and will continue to read. Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Ooh, SATechno-thriller! I wonder how long the "Illuminati" will manage to hide their presence? As Lindy pointed out, intelligence analysts will probably come up with the theory that somebody besides NK is behind this incident. As was also pointed out in the story, if the TSAB can keep from doing something overt, or at least a reaction clearly in response to an escalation from the _other_ side, those analysts will probably make the connection, or the "other" side perhaps even blow its cover.

I'm not worried much about Arisa- the bullets may have injured her, but I doubt they penetrated. I'd be very surprised if she couldn't manage a controlled freefall/descent of the kind we saw the "Rookies" do in StrikerS. Miyuki, well I figure she's badass ninja/swordswoman enough to be able to take a little decompression, play dead and be ignored, and/or just hide somewhere.

The bomb now, that's a bit trickier. My guess is that it would be shielded from detection, or at least teleportation like the plane was. If not, that's going to be one short lived threat. I am going to make the assumption that Ventek's sensors can detect fissible materials by their signatures, though I would buy that it could take some time to triangulate. Still, if they really intend to take out the whole city, 1- it needs to be a fairly powerful one, since ground blasts are much less efficient in AoE as opposed to airburst- 2- because of 1, it needs to be pretty much in the geographic center. If they don't _really_ want to wipe Seoul off the face of the earth, it could be farther from the center, but all those buildings will tend to block/absorb the blastwave, and thermal/radiation pulse.

One shouldn't discount what a Nuclear Emergency Support Team might also be able to accomplish, just to show that Earth isn't dependent on the TSAB's help/support in this case.

There's a puzzling thing though- thanks to all the early warning satellites of various types in earth orbit, earth-side analysts will probably have a good idea of what type of make up the bomb had, should it be used. Trying to blame the TSAB for the bombing wouldn't make much sense, since it's NK, not SK, that just apparently took Lindy and co. hostage. Seoul being bombed would immediately point the finger at NK, and could very well lead to a declaration of war by SK and the US. There's only an armistice after all, the Korean War has never been officially ended. So, maybe I'm missing something, or the "Gods" are being "too" clever?

Thanks, look forward to more.
Alavon chapter 3 . 6/17/2012
Reading through this chapter reminded me of Black Lagoon, minus the gangs, drugs and murders. It's interesting to see how fragile the situation is. FBI, CIA, wow. You stepped up a notch. I was really happy to see that Miyuki and Kyoya made an appearance and Suzuka calling Kyoya "big brother" was a nice touch. Miyuki happens to be my favorite character so I'm excited to see her. Great job so far with the story. Can't wait to read more.
Alavon chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
Okay, this chapter was amazing! I will admit that it is weird to read about a Nanoha-related universe fic that primarily takes place on Earth but it's refreshing. The writing is superb and scenes switch off smoothly. Great job at researching weapons and vehicles. It definitely adds to the story. Now I'm curious to know who wants to get rid of our heroes from Earth...
Alavon chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
I was really impressed with how it started. I was thrown right in the action which was great. I was surprised to see Apache helicopters but it was explained later. Then everything clicked. Overall, you did an amazing job introducing the main players. You definitely kept the core personalities of the characters despite them not having much screen time in the original series.
kimek chapter 2 . 6/12/2012
A very promising chapter. our heroes greeted with blazing guns and bike-raiding assassins. And even if "gods" wasn't present, the political struggle between many countries of earth could bring a many hidden dangers to TSAB personnel.
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Yeeeaahh, "Last Starfighter" ! Nice setup, I look forward to how you portray the first reactions of the 97s to the TSAB, and their giant robots. And when they figure out just how "sufficiently advanced" TSAB tech is. Well, I see your lining the opposition up as well. Around for 1000s of years, and sporting names from religious texts and mythology? Let's see what kind of twist you come up with.

Thanks, read you next time.
Mustang Driver chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
The line about the whole "use video games to find potential candidates" reminds me of the plot of the 1984 movie "The Last Starfighter" (I haven't seen the movie, but I have heard about it).

And to Dark Knight Gafgar: The reason for the use of mysterious characters instead of villains like you mentioned is that the latter villain type wouldn't last long against the TSAB. Chatacters who posess enormous power, on the other hand, can last longer against them. Plus, the enemies we've seen so far will (probably) play a role in "Through A Mirror, Darkly", so they'd NEED to be powerful in order to be more than just a nuisance.
AluciusDawn chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Bloody excellent! I was hoping to see a story along these lines and frankly I'm glad you're the one doing it. (Was starting to get so antsy I was trying to write my own, but I think you'll do a better job) Really like the golem units (I have always been a mecha fanboy, that's actually how I found MGLN and even your earlier work Crisis) Plus I just enjoy seeing the secondary characters get the spotlight. So exciting!

Dark Knight Gafgar chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
MUST it ALWAYS be shadowy probably-magic-using figures with fanciful names determined to fight the TSAB over control of Earth? Why can't we have normal villains for a change? Like Communist China or Soviet Russia or Moon Nazis or something.