Reviews for Mechanical Mercury
Luna Goddess of the Night chapter 21 . 2/18/2013
I loved this one. No concrit from my end. I loved how time was spent with Ami and her rehab. And her slow descent into MPD was great. I am off to read the sequel.

-Luna
PSVT chapter 21 . 12/18/2010
Sorry for reviewing this one so late, but I'm here now so it should make up for that. In any case, the ending is amazing in the way that she had the undiagnosed aneurysm, leading me to believe that it was the cause of her mental state. However, it clearly wasn't that, and the existence of Hitomi was really that-a separate existence or consciousness. That I find extremely intriguing, and I wonder if Hitomi would have revealed herself without the accident and the process of turning Ami into a cyborg. Beyond that I have only one other thing to say and that is: absolutely, positively, most definitely, please DO continue with this idea. Whether it's as separate installments or not doesn't matter. Hitomi is too interesting a character to leave alone like this, and I'll definitely read any stories of Ami and Hitomi that you decide to write in the future.

Oh, that, and thanks so much for creating this wonderful story! )
Ray Venn Hakubi chapter 21 . 11/29/2010
Very interesting... I'd say please explore the knock-on effects of this to the future of the SM universe, up to and including the formation of the Black Moon Family when Crystal Tokyo happens.
CrimsonWerewolf chapter 21 . 11/29/2010
I really enjoyed the story and there seems to be some great potential here. I would like to see you continue with their adventures.
sm fan 27 chapter 21 . 11/28/2010
You should continue further, separate, installments in the adventures of Ami/Hitomi, you left me hanging at the end!
PGSMaddict96 chapter 21 . 11/28/2010
Why does it occur to me that Hitomi is almost like Dark Mercury from the live action?
AZ chapter 20 . 11/14/2010
Eep! Poor Ami! Update soon!
PSVT chapter 19 . 11/6/2010
I am extremely happy that you updated this story, as it is one of my favorites among your slew of awfully good stories. The gradual slide to outright insanity for Ami and Saeko's desperation to find some way to help her daughter both were expressed beautifully. The best expression of this is the stark difference in personality between the reserved Ami and the freakishly uncontrollable 'Hitomi'. That Ami has no idea when her Hitomi personality takes over her body is quite unnerving. The added MCR 'Blood' lyrics are quite an appropriate and haunting view of what's going on in Hitomi's mind (and Ami's, as it seems there she had, for a brief while, the ability to figure out what was going on inside her brain). As for Saeko, it's sad and painful (literally) how she's losing her daughter and there's nothing she could do on her own. That makes it a very good thing that she's enlisted the help of Ami's friends as she definitely needs it. Now all we need is to find out how on Earth Usagi's house caught fire and how she wasn't able to escape. It was serendipity that Ami was right there to rescue her, a scene that I found well written and quite enjoyable as I easily envisioned Mercury rushing struggling to find and resuscitate Usagi from the smoke and flames. Overall, it's excellent and interesting work, as usual!
Midori Yoshida chapter 19 . 11/5/2010
Thank you so much for updating. Awesome chapter. Can't wait to find what happens to Ami.
Midori Yoshida chapter 18 . 9/5/2010
This is a really awesome fic. The bit of My Chem was a nice touch.
James Birdsong chapter 18 . 8/27/2010
Quite good surely. Wow. Surely.
Ruka K chapter 17 . 8/25/2010
Whooaaa! Who the heck is Hitomi? Really getting freaky here!
PSVT chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
Absolutely amazing story that keeps getting better. The behavioral changes that Ami is going through and what she has to endure is absolutely terrifying. Her paranoia led to her attacking and almost killing her best friend, which then led to Usagi becoming so panicked and afraid that she feels she needs to defend herself against Ami, with her scepter no less. Understandable given the fact that Ami just ripped the head off a youma that had effectively taken out all the other senshi. Ami's poor mother, as much as she wants to care for her daughter, is in way over her head, and though she knows it, there's not much she can do about it. The worst is that Ami has no idea what's happening to her, how, why (what triggers it), or when it'll happen again. I have a feeling that things will get even worse before they start to get better for Ami. Keep up the excellent work and I hope to read more soon!
QueenNeptune1964 chapter 15 . 8/16/2010
This is a very interesting, deep story so far... I haven't seen something like this in all my years reading and writing Sailor Moon fanfics. Ami looks like she needs another friend though. As a "cyborg" myself (well... just one leg), I know how important it is to know other people who have gone through this experience. Maybe there can be a new person Ami can meet in school when she gets back? Or maybe Mars can start casting charms on Ami to keep her from blacking out and/or bring her back some measure of peace?
BlueLion chapter 14 . 8/9/2010
Quite frankly,

just sending Ami to school completely unprepared seems like a total negligence of her situation. There should have been close cooperation between medical staff, her psychological advisor and the school staff. A gal in that condition needs assistance. Not to mention that her mother needs help as well ...

Anyway, the plot seems to head to a tragic direction - I hope there'll be a change of direction still ...