Reviews for Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
smileintothechaos chapter 11 . 8/3/2012
this fic has got to be the greatest thing in this galaxy ngl
mtunis chapter 11 . 7/30/2012
This has been an absolutely stunning read! Compliments inbound:

You illustrate the characters wonderfully in your story and their interactions are beautifully detailed as well. Development is at a great pace; not too fast and not too slow. Unlike other fictions, every word you have here has its place and is important to the story. Something as subtle as a character twitch, may seem silly but in here it matters and I love it. I often find myself going back and re-reading a paragraph or two just to see if I missed something small but important.

God, they're are so many more things I want to touch on but I'm running out of room it seems. Either way!
Keep up the amazing work! You should be proud of what you've done here.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/2/2012
I love this! Keep it up!
BaiLia chapter 11 . 6/10/2012
This is such a lovely story. I was linked to it on the NSAS forum so I came over to have a look :) I've got to admit that I'm sad it hasn't been updated for a while, and that it looks like it might not be finished, but hey, it's your story. If you ever do write more I'll really look forward to it, though :)

Lia (MadAlice on BSN)
Slytherinbookworm chapter 11 . 5/20/2012
Oh please, I know it's been two years, but this story is way to good to be left at the back burner. I rarely ever have the chance to read good fanfiction. The characterization you developed for Kolyat and Oriana is exquisite. I won't ever look at these two characters the same way again. I think I even fell in love with them. It breaks my heart to see this left unfinished, just as much as it did when I saw the cutscene where Thane dies. This piece is way to beautiful. Perhaps something got in the way of your Muse, but I pray that something sparks life into her again, and continue with this lovely story. It's so strange. I've read already quite a few drell-involved famfiction, and this is by far the best one I ever read. I know I'm two years late for it.

But can a fellow avid reader be given any hope for it?

You have amazing talent, and I think it's great that you have shared at least this much of it with strangers across the web. I don't wish to sound corny, but this story of yours has at least motivated me to feel creative again.

So in short: Thank you for writing this much at least, and I am sure not alone when I say that I wish to see this story properly continued someday.

Just don't leave us hanging for too long, you don't know what tomorrow brings. :)
PK-chan12 chapter 11 . 5/18/2012
Well written and a captivating read! I enjoyed the relationship development between Oriana and Kolyat. I really liked Oriana's adoptive parents too.
ShinakaStar chapter 11 . 5/17/2012
This was so gorgeously written afsjflkadmfad; I loved, loved the way you wove in all that world-building and the vastness of the ME universe into the relationship between two characters we don't see a lot of and it's... I really can't express how perfect I found your fic. I know it's been a while since you updated but I hope you're still working on this fic in some way or other - you definitely got me on the Kolyat/Oriana ship!

*Shinaka*
lunar47 chapter 11 . 4/26/2012
it kind of sucks that this was the last chapter but i loved reading it anyways.
Catori1207 chapter 11 . 4/23/2012
I had never considered Kolyat & Oriana, but you have made a believer out of me! I hope you find the inspiration/time/motivation to continue this story; I need more fluff!

I really liked your characterizations; everyone comes across exactly how I imagined they would if given more screen time. I particularly like the way you write Bailey. He's always been one of my favorite characters. Kolyat is also a lot less annoying to me now. I had found him to be rather insufferable when I played Thane's loyalty mission, but now I kinda like him.
Catori1207 chapter 8 . 4/23/2012
"...but because he hated that gods-damned Tupari vending machine to an extent that was not quite rational, and those drinks were its spawn." Oh wow, this made me laugh so hard I almost choked! I know EXACTLY how he feels lol. There's a vending machine where I work that only ever gives me funyuns no matter what buttons I press.
kiwibliss chapter 11 . 3/27/2012
I am ashamed that I NEVER reviewed this chapter. In fact, I think that I neglected to read it until today. I am a horrible person. I will be wearing a hairshirt and scourging my back for thirty days in penance.

There are no words for me to describe how perfectly, wonderfully, marvelously incredible you have made this pairing over eleven short chapters. Your dialogue is sublime. Kolyat is grumpy, resistant, hesitant and yet still the most perfectly excellent boyfriend ever. Oriana couldn't be more different than Miranda, yet you can still see the underlying similarities.

I could go on and on for days about how I wish that you would write more and more of this wonderfulness, but I know that you have a life and other more important things to do. Still, this is probably the best fanfiction ever written in the history of fanfiction. And I say this while knowing quite a few really excellent fanfiction persons :).
FloridaMagpie chapter 11 . 3/16/2012
A good read. I admire your effort to explore the implications of perfect Drell memory.
cheapspeakers chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
oh, please don't let this story go. i stayed up all night reading it instead of sleeping, couldn't sleep when i tried, and now i'm re-reading stuff at work. this fic is just so good, and i'm so caught up. please come back and finish it when you get a chance! i think you have written kolyat perfectly, and i love that you have really evoked the mass effect world without relying on the major characters and in-game events. also, i love your bailey; he sounds and behaves just as i would expect him to. thanks for sharing your excellent work!
TheShadovar chapter 11 . 2/29/2012
This is an amazing fic. Like...well and truly amazing. Please update soon. I hated Kolyat, but your characterization of him being a troubled youngster trying to find his way has made me a believer. I love how much depth you've given these two. It's really...refreshing.
Aronim chapter 11 . 2/11/2012
This is really good.

Your Kolyat in particular is brilliant, you really manage to portray a bitter, disgruntled youth with abandonment issues, while still keeping him likeable and interesting. You also manage to write how he views humans as the alien ones.

Your Oriana also makes a lot of sense, she does seem like a younger, wilder Miranda, very much like I imagine Miranda might have been if she had had a normal life with proper parents who loved her unconditionally.

She does seem very emotional at times, her crying the first time when she talked with her father completely blind sided me. It seemed really sudden, but you can argue it's because of the stress of knowing some of what is happening with Miranda and behind the scenes with their move.

You have made a couple of grammar errors, but it's only a few across the entire story so far, and none of them have been jarring enough to shake me out of the story and remember them. So no real problem there.

Last, the signs of attraction begins very quickly if you ask me. I know the acknowledgement of attraction didn't come that fast, but the signs began a bit too early. But again, that may just be me.

It's a great read, I hope you'll update soon.
362 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »