Reviews for To Soar into the Sunset: A Night Fury's Odd Memoir
JemDragons chapter 14 . 2/23
Yeah, I suspected the chapter names were in-jokes of some kind. This was good.
JemDragons chapter 8 . 2/21
A Berk is, like, an inconsiderate arsehole. THAT GUY who pushed in line at the canteen or ignores right-of-way on the road.
JemDragons chapter 7 . 2/20
Your book reminds me a bit of Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron except less 'politically correct'.
JemDragons chapter 5 . 2/20
*narrows eyes* You just wanted to stop having to translate Hiccup, didn't you? I'm on to your game...
BEST HTTYD FANFIC EVA! you did amazing I loved everthing and its stwists. Love you for making this piece, it desearves more views.
JR 0 chapter 1 . 2/7
Heh. Read this back in 2012, one of the first fanfics, thoughts were "holy shit, this is awesome!". Now over the years read couple hundred different fics, returned thinking "hmmm, maybe I was biased because of no experience". Nope, still awesome!
Triforce Dragons chapter 14 . 10/17/2016
Awesome story!
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 14 . 9/18/2016
Excellent story. I have never read anything by Heinlein, but after this if I see something of his, I will probably read it. This story was great.
Ultimateblack chapter 4 . 9/2/2016
Fantastic chapter, the interactions between toothless and the horse was particularly enjoyable last chapter and the visual perspective of hiccup was great
Ultimateblack chapter 1 . 8/24/2016
Dear God i just discovered this story and it's brilliant. I have never heard of Robert Heinlein, but i can imagine you're emulating his style. Sotires written from Tooth's point of view are nothing new, but this is certainly an interesting take. The first person view in toothless' eyes is immersive, and I love the idea of a dragon war going on, toothless being the spy. Characterisation is also very well done, tooth showing somewhat immature personality like Hiccup, and his echoing of 'give me something to shoot at'. Language differences and naming is also well done. The dragons have their own terms and hiccup speaks norse. Fantastic start, lookiny forward to reading this story.
Livi chapter 14 . 4/17/2016
THIS STORY WAS SO VERY ENJOYABLE! I'm not familiar with your author inspiration, but I think the writing style was totally complimentary to the movie style. I think Toothless was similar enough to Hiccup to get across their connection without them being copies of each other, and that was great. The changes you made from the movie were notable but they tied in well, so it never bothered me at all. This is definitely a fave for me. Great job, Fjord Mustang!
Jayelyyn chapter 1 . 2/8/2016
Being honest here: I've only read the AN and Disclaimer and whatnot, but I can already tell this is going to be good. So, here we go.
-Jaye
Tyten chapter 14 . 1/19/2016
Fantastic story one of the best how to train your Dragon fanfiction I have read
Tyten chapter 14 . 1/19/2016
Fant
Gen chapter 14 . 1/8/2016
I couldn't stop reading. I would very much like a sequel, basically Toothless's view of HTTYD 2.