Reviews for To Soar into the Sunset: A Night Fury's Odd Memoir
Scarred Dragons chapter 14 . 10/17
Awesome story!
Aviendha Aviendha Aviendha chapter 14 . 9/18
Excellent story. I have never read anything by Heinlein, but after this if I see something of his, I will probably read it. This story was great.
Ultimateblack chapter 4 . 9/2
Fantastic chapter, the interactions between toothless and the horse was particularly enjoyable last chapter and the visual perspective of hiccup was great
Ultimateblack chapter 1 . 8/24
Dear God i just discovered this story and it's brilliant. I have never heard of Robert Heinlein, but i can imagine you're emulating his style. Sotires written from Tooth's point of view are nothing new, but this is certainly an interesting take. The first person view in toothless' eyes is immersive, and I love the idea of a dragon war going on, toothless being the spy. Characterisation is also very well done, tooth showing somewhat immature personality like Hiccup, and his echoing of 'give me something to shoot at'. Language differences and naming is also well done. The dragons have their own terms and hiccup speaks norse. Fantastic start, lookiny forward to reading this story.
Livi chapter 14 . 4/17
THIS STORY WAS SO VERY ENJOYABLE! I'm not familiar with your author inspiration, but I think the writing style was totally complimentary to the movie style. I think Toothless was similar enough to Hiccup to get across their connection without them being copies of each other, and that was great. The changes you made from the movie were notable but they tied in well, so it never bothered me at all. This is definitely a fave for me. Great job, Fjord Mustang!
Jayelyyn chapter 1 . 2/8
Being honest here: I've only read the AN and Disclaimer and whatnot, but I can already tell this is going to be good. So, here we go.
-Jaye
Tyten chapter 14 . 1/19
Fantastic story one of the best how to train your Dragon fanfiction I have read
Tyten chapter 14 . 1/19
Fant
Gen chapter 14 . 1/8
I couldn't stop reading. I would very much like a sequel, basically Toothless's view of HTTYD 2.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
it's actually been years since i've read this, but i just suddenly thought about this again because 'NIGHTFURYGETDOWN' has to be the best thing ever
Sage chapter 14 . 11/8/2015
I love the parody at the end. I also like that in one of your chapters you included a rephrase of what Hiccup said in the second movie. Although you probably didn't know it.
BYoshi1993 chapter 14 . 10/18/2015
This story was beautiful and made the Night Fury culture come alive. It's something that I have never seen dine before. I loved how you managed to balance the intelligence of Toothless, but also limit it in his communication to Hiccup. Looking forward to reading more from you for sure.
Shiori Kudo chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
Would you please tell me if this is correct?:

Lava PeopleGronkles
Self BurnersNightmares
Magnesium PeopleNadders
Two HeadsZipplebacks
Sticky Fire PeopleTerrors
Demonic girl111 chapter 14 . 7/17/2015
(SCREAMS IN FANTASTIC DELIGHT) I LOVED THIS STORY SOOOOOO VERY MUCH! THIS WAS AWESOMELY WRITTEN AND WAS NOT RUSHED, AND I LOVED THAT TEN TIMES OVER! GREAT JOB!
Demonic girl111 chapter 5 . 7/16/2015
Huh, I can't wait to find out how that happened. I'm excited, and this is exciting. I especially love the part where he thinks the humans call him "NIGHTFURYGETDOWN." Now that was hilarious. Awesome so far, can't wait to read more.