Reviews for To Soar into the Sunset: A Night Fury's Odd Memoir
Tyten chapter 14 . 1/19
Fantastic story one of the best how to train your Dragon fanfiction I have read
Tyten chapter 14 . 1/19
Fant
Gen chapter 14 . 1/8
I couldn't stop reading. I would very much like a sequel, basically Toothless's view of HTTYD 2.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
it's actually been years since i've read this, but i just suddenly thought about this again because 'NIGHTFURYGETDOWN' has to be the best thing ever
Sage chapter 14 . 11/8/2015
I love the parody at the end. I also like that in one of your chapters you included a rephrase of what Hiccup said in the second movie. Although you probably didn't know it.
BYoshi1993 chapter 14 . 10/18/2015
This story was beautiful and made the Night Fury culture come alive. It's something that I have never seen dine before. I loved how you managed to balance the intelligence of Toothless, but also limit it in his communication to Hiccup. Looking forward to reading more from you for sure.
Shiori Kudo chapter 1 . 9/6/2015
Would you please tell me if this is correct?:

Lava PeopleGronkles
Self BurnersNightmares
Magnesium PeopleNadders
Two HeadsZipplebacks
Sticky Fire PeopleTerrors
Demonic girl111 chapter 14 . 7/17/2015
(SCREAMS IN FANTASTIC DELIGHT) I LOVED THIS STORY SOOOOOO VERY MUCH! THIS WAS AWESOMELY WRITTEN AND WAS NOT RUSHED, AND I LOVED THAT TEN TIMES OVER! GREAT JOB!
Demonic girl111 chapter 5 . 7/16/2015
Huh, I can't wait to find out how that happened. I'm excited, and this is exciting. I especially love the part where he thinks the humans call him "NIGHTFURYGETDOWN." Now that was hilarious. Awesome so far, can't wait to read more.
Plailect chapter 14 . 7/12/2015
Hello,

I ( u/Plailect) am the unofficial fanfiction reviewer for the r/httyd subreddit. I read an httyd fanfiction every couple weeks and write a review to talk about my thoughts and opinions. Each post includes a link to the next thing I'm reading so people can follow along and share their thoughts and the previous posts for people unfamiliar with my posts. I am going through the process of linking old posts to the authors as feedback. These are old and may be outdated now.

You can find your post here: r/httyd/comments/2lfgd7/to_soar_into_the_sunset_fanfiction_part_3/

Thanks for your time,
~Plailect
ScarkitTheMadaNeko chapter 14 . 5/16/2015
You are evil. Now I will have to go read some of those books. Grr...
CatGirlFireflare chapter 2 . 4/21/2015
This is one of the best 'How To Train Your Dragon' stories in EXISTENCE, in the entire Universe. (I hadn't even finished the 1st chapter before I was begging my sister to read it too.) The narration style is as professional, detailed, and beautiful as any I've ever read in any novel. And there are no curse words! Yahoo! I LOVE the fact that Toothless is narrating, and I love the way he and other People are named- it's beautiful and so perfectly fitting. The word 'brilliant' is not enough to describe this, but it's the best I have. This! Is! Brilliant!
Guest chapter 13 . 4/10/2015
It is actually "Helheim's Gates", Helheim being the Scandenavian afterlife, and Hel being the goddess of it.
fanfic-addict21 chapter 5 . 3/3/2015
Ch5 I get a craving for sushi as well; isn't that curious. :) Just not vomit-flavored. If you're sick then so am I. I am impressed by the amount of research that has obviously gone into this story. And thanks for the story rec for Whitefang333, I'm going to check it out.
mordreek chapter 14 . 2/28/2015
A very excellent conclusion to an even better story.

I really enjoyed the detail you went into in regards to the recovery process. Lot's of detail to help us get a picture of what had to be glossed over in the movie. The little touches like Astrid being there for them and Stoick acknowledging their sacrifice fleshed it out superbly.

The alternate time lines/hot springs part felt half Heinlein and half Doctor Who. Both used the alternate time paths bit very well and sometimes in the same manner. Since I am a fan of both, I had no issues with that explanation.

The part where the Night Furies own up to their mistakes was another cheering moment, especially the "Kill Ring 5" standing up for their friend. Oakheart has really grown on me, Hel, all of them have. Good to see the 4 who exiled Toothless received a taste of their own medicine. To all things there is a price, and this is theirs...particularly that little bully.

I loved this story from top to bottom and I will most definitely recommend it to those who share this fandom. Thank you for the hard work and great depth of your story.