Reviews for To Soar into the Sunset: A Night Fury's Odd Memoir
riverraiden chapter 14 . 9/20/2012
Second time I've read this now (First only two days ago!), and it still brings me to tears at some points! This story is the one that caught my eye while looking for a specific one, so I decided to try it out. All I can really say is... I got lucky! I found one of the truly awesome stories, woohoo!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/17/2012
WOW. You and "riftraft" are now my all time FAVORITE HTTYD fanfiction authors. This was an incredible alternate point of view, with some crazy-cool back story and explanations! I'm happy to say that this was a very pleasant read, and another addition to my list of "gosh I REALLY wish it wasn't over!" stories.
oopjeoiwj0 chapter 14 . 8/1/2012
Alright. This is officially my favorite Toothless POV story. The writing is amazing, and I love Toothless' snarky sense of humor. It's impossible not to love it. NIGHTFURYGETDOWN... Hehe.
I also really enjoyed the backstory you had going there with dragons. The names you came up with for them were quite unique. The brotherly/best friend relationship was awesome too.
Overall, it was a very enjoyable story. I loved it. Great job!
Kimco96 chapter 14 . 6/15/2012
Nightfurygetdown! Every single time I read that it made me smile... Every. Single. Time.

Loved the story... Have you done the shorts from toothless's pov?
Gelado Pocket-mouse chapter 13 . 6/10/2012
Whoa.
Gelado Pocket-mouse chapter 10 . 6/9/2012
Lol - Hiccup making outfits!
Gelado Pocket-mouse chapter 5 . 6/8/2012
Shard of Ice is great! And this is shaping up very well too. I was like, whoa, Hiccup suddenly spoke English!
Velanna chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
This story is ruined for me as it has no ending.

There. See how fucking RUDE that was? You could stand to be a little more courteous the next time you leave a review at Crisium. You can leave a negative critique without being such a rude goddamn bitch, after all.
Serenova chapter 14 . 3/5/2012
Great story, really truly great.

I stayed up late to read it, just great.

The voice you chose for Toothless (How I love the name 'Stromthrill'!) was just perfect. It fit what we saw in the movie of his attitude. Just great. I was so confused by the Norse in the earlier chapters and I was praying that you didn't keep it up. I was pleasantly surprised that you only changed it after his contact with Hiccup. Awesome.

This story was simply amazing. I loved it, I really really loved it.

I'll definitely need to reread this when it's not 2am.

Congrats on writing a great story!
freedomtoaster chapter 14 . 2/26/2012
You, my friend, are quite possibly the most wonderful person I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. This thing you've written is just amazing. The characterization of toothless...WOW. I have never seen a more perfect grasp of him in any HTTYD fic I've found. and heck, I've never been able to pin him down myself, even when I'm just musing about what he must have been thinking. BUT YOU. YOU NAILED IT! I'm in love~~~ IT was just amazing tho have the chance to read this, and I thank you with all my heart for having the perseverance to complete it. AH~ amazing. I adore the way you managed to change so much and so little at the same time. As far as I saw, you changed 2 things. That's it. 2 things out of all the movie scenes you put in there. TWO! and yet this entire thing was so completely different from the movie. Everything was so much more real. the reasoning and the consequences for every action were perfectly accounted for and you stayed so true to everything. IT was like you took the movie, and then opened a secret door right into all those things we never had the chance to see. You made a whole new story without ripping the movie to shreds so you could do whatever the hell you wanted. You worked around it, and it is so much more beautiful now that it has ever been before. Thank you so FRIGGING MUCH for writing this. also, I really like how you didn't put in enormous spaces in between the times when Hiccup was around. STUFF HAPPENED! and I adore you for it. SO. FRIGGING. WONDERFUL. I...I can die happy now. TT_TT
LVCP chapter 14 . 12/20/2011
I just have to say, this whole story was hilarious and enjoyable to read! I love Toothless' POV. He's like a nerd in a quarterbacks body! XD I also liked the part about the Red Death sounding like some sweet old grandma but then eats the others dragons. It makes her sound like some crazy super villain. The last chapter was funny as well, Toothless' rendition of the Movie's last lines were funny and it was like he and Hiccup were more in sync than we realize! Another note is the translations for Hiccup, Toothless and Astird's names. I think I may use them in my fan fiction if that's okay with you. Anyway, keep up the good work!
CloudyPinkTwink chapter 14 . 12/14/2011
Lovely
Arcayne chapter 14 . 12/2/2011
... Wow. Just wow. I'm surprised this story has only 132 reviews (133 if you count mine). The only reason I can think of for that is because this story is so mind-blowingly exciting that we just go through chapter after chapter without being able to bring ourselves to stop for a bit and review each chapter. It's just THAT good! I went through the entire thing in 7, 8 hours (even forgot to take my lunch).

You managed to make seeing through Toothless' eyes an pretty fantastic experience while staying loyal to the story. The well thought out plot and details about dragon culture made it a refreshing read. There is only one word that can be used to describe your story: Awesome.
Heatherly84 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I just started reading, and this is great! I have one tiny little nitpick, though- the Hebrides is not by South Iceland, but an archipelago off of Scotland. Cressida Cowell used to vacation there as a child, which is where she got the idea for the story. (It's also why all the adult Vikings in the movie have Scottish accents.)

Still, though, pretty good story! And I'm looking forward to reading the rest. :-)
yamiishot chapter 14 . 11/27/2011
Simply loved it, wonderfully done!
295 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »