Reviews for Points of Familiarity
HyperCatnip chapter 6 . 2/11
While I read this fanfic, its plot reminded me of a giant cancerous plot tumor.
The author's note in chapter six shows that my fears were spot on.

There is insufficient foreshadowing for time travelling assassins from hell. The powers of protagonist are never defined properly. It is all so confusing, hazy and grimdark.

I didn't like it. I will pretend "Points-of-Familiarity" never existed and I never read it.
"Surrogate of Zero", on the other hand, is very good. I liked it very much. I regreat it is so short. I really hope it will be continued.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Now what a first chapter.
I would've liked a bit more on how and why the Gandalfr-runes-in-green interfered with the Angel?God?wtf?whatever?EVA-in-red
CMVreud chapter 6 . 4/13/2014
So... it's SNAFU?
CMVreud chapter 5 . 4/13/2014
Somehow I think that this is/will be a 'the bees die because of the fine dust of cigarettes' explanation.
CMVreud chapter 4 . 4/13/2014
I wonder when our dimension hopper come back into focus?
I really like the quotes you put into the story. And it's even moreso funny when you can do it openly with Kensukes aid.
CMVreud chapter 3 . 4/13/2014
Well that cleas some questions, but then again it unearthes more than a necromancer zombies in a graveyard.
CMVreud chapter 2 . 4/13/2014
Just what the- I mean... WTF?

Hm, orange, serpentine eyes and belching smoke. I take it that's Kirches familiar? The overgrown firenewt or whatever?
Or was it 'The Mysterious'? You take it from the books, so it's possible that it's an unknown for me.
But thanks for the explanation for what the f*ck is going on with his green and red magic.
nd so much potential for all and everything.
I just hope at least in the next chapters first sentences you explain just WTF for a stunt that was.
Belomor chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Shinji still butt-monkey. Boring.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 5 . 8/27/2013
Huh, interesting but also quite ... far reaching changes with the future-travellers here.
As I deeply dislike Time travel when not executed spot on I do hope thats not too much of the main plot (yet again you abandoned this fic after the next chapter so...).

Overall well written but hellishly confusing now (and the timelinerewrite is not a good idea. Too much old knowledge would still be there after only 600 years, and other effects of Magic would have taken longer than that).
Arkh Cthuul chapter 3 . 8/24/2013
Huh, Camouflaged HighTech Assasin wanting to shoot Louise?
Who might THAt be I wonder ...

Pretty grand Chapter, seeing its length the few mistakes ware neglegible.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 2 . 8/24/2013
Crazier indeed, but alos deeper, and at least for me showing lots of potential, includeng lots of potentially lethal ... sidelinings of the plot?
Arkh Cthuul chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Interesting go so far.
Alas, the "original" Shinji is the lowest part of NGEs fascinating setting for me, so I do hope you get some evolution into it. :)
Arkh Cthuul chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
Hmmm, Gendo taking charge, unexpected but not bad...
I loved the part with Loungeville at the end.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 3 . 8/25/2013
Only a few mistakes, nothing if one looks at the length of this chapter.

Also, the fight with Tabitha was simply perfect, including the aftermath. :)
Arkh Cthuul chapter 2 . 8/25/2013
Yep, got it.
Although it seems a bit odd that Shinji is quite THAT human physically, I can only see one way how this story could go wrong, and that is if you lose focus of the plot too much (a problem I felt Shinjy and WH40k had too).