Reviews for Points of Familiarity
Alphalegioner chapter 1 . 2/9/2021
Absolute adaptive system. The analytical power of three billion quantum computers. Hundreds of millions of miles of printed circuit boards. One body, one mind. Hate. Hate. Hate. In fact, we lost thirty milliseconds after he appeared in our world, and we did not destroy him. Now he cannot be stopped. Even in stasis, he will make decisions an order of magnitude faster than us.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2020
Not really familiar on NGE. Your description of your MCs character seems to jump around. Why is he apathetic but cares about Louise? You dont explain why he even tries and doesnt just let people kill him in fights? Why is he fighting. And he was a wallflower when incidents start but for some reason has to defend every girls honor. I like the story but this MC makes me wanna quit. Choose a character, why does he act like three different ones and if hes old and experienced why does he still act naive to some things? You dont really explain well so it just kinda feels like hes bouncing around personality wise.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/25/2020
"cloaked figure had to mightily force herself to put down her beam rifle" eh?
Guest chapter 6 . 7/29/2016
This was interesting, but it did seem to get out of hand. I'll keep reading if you keep posting though, and if there's a rewrite I'll follow that.
Axcel chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
I love your reference to The Gripping Hand. I sometimes think that way. It really is kind of useful.
HyperCatnip chapter 6 . 2/11/2015
While I read this fanfic, its plot reminded me of a giant cancerous plot tumor.
The author's note in chapter six shows that my fears were spot on.

There is insufficient foreshadowing for time travelling assassins from hell. The powers of protagonist are never defined properly. It is all so confusing, hazy and grimdark.

I didn't like it. I will pretend "Points-of-Familiarity" never existed and I never read it.
"Surrogate of Zero", on the other hand, is very good. I liked it very much. I regreat it is so short. I really hope it will be continued.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Now what a first chapter.
I would've liked a bit more on how and why the Gandalfr-runes-in-green interfered with the Angel?God?wtf?whatever?EVA-in-red
CMVreud chapter 6 . 4/13/2014
So... it's SNAFU?
CMVreud chapter 5 . 4/13/2014
Somehow I think that this is/will be a 'the bees die because of the fine dust of cigarettes' explanation.
CMVreud chapter 4 . 4/13/2014
I wonder when our dimension hopper come back into focus?
I really like the quotes you put into the story. And it's even moreso funny when you can do it openly with Kensukes aid.
CMVreud chapter 3 . 4/13/2014
Well that cleas some questions, but then again it unearthes more than a necromancer zombies in a graveyard.
CMVreud chapter 2 . 4/13/2014
Just what the- I mean... WTF?

Hm, orange, serpentine eyes and belching smoke. I take it that's Kirches familiar? The overgrown firenewt or whatever?
Or was it 'The Mysterious'? You take it from the books, so it's possible that it's an unknown for me.
But thanks for the explanation for what the f*ck is going on with his green and red magic.
nd so much potential for all and everything.
I just hope at least in the next chapters first sentences you explain just WTF for a stunt that was.
Belomor chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Shinji still butt-monkey. Boring.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 5 . 8/27/2013
Huh, interesting but also quite ... far reaching changes with the future-travellers here.
As I deeply dislike Time travel when not executed spot on I do hope thats not too much of the main plot (yet again you abandoned this fic after the next chapter so...).

Overall well written but hellishly confusing now (and the timelinerewrite is not a good idea. Too much old knowledge would still be there after only 600 years, and other effects of Magic would have taken longer than that).
Arkh Cthuul chapter 3 . 8/24/2013
Huh, Camouflaged HighTech Assasin wanting to shoot Louise?
Who might THAt be I wonder ...

Pretty grand Chapter, seeing its length the few mistakes ware neglegible.