Reviews for A Little Nudge Out of the Door
Deranged Reviewer chapter 17 . 8/12/2011
Break my heart why don't you? I was not expecting Langcyll to depart like that at all. If anything, I half expected him to die in some ambush. I really enjoyed reading about him- you have a wonderful gift for writing OCs. As Legolas says in this chapter, he's not dead but simply gone but it's still emotionally painful.

It must be difficult to fully flesh out OCs and have them fit in a universe with fans that will eat you up if they're not properly written right. But I think you did a stellar job with Langcyll that my heart is breaking for Legolas. Poor prince, Tathar, Belhador and now Langcyll...

Oh, thank you for the timeline! I think it did work out some kinks but since this story is pretty AU and I understand how hard it is to keep track of Tolkien's dates sometimes, it's not a big deal to me. And I forgot to mention this earlier but I'm guessing the UF you talked about earlier was University of Florida? What a coincidence! ) Though I suppose you graduated already...
Deranged Reviewer chapter 13 . 8/11/2011
I loved the tension in this chapter! I was actually hoping for some much needed Father-Son interaction. I mean, come on! How often does a warring party encounter the King and his entourage? But I suppose that it makes for good story telling to build the tension, and snowball it until the next Father-Son meeting.

I remember early on that the party would be back in Mirkwood in probably a year, but it's been two years since Thranduil has seen his son. I actually pity him more than Legolas.

I was sad to see the dwarves go. Doubly sad if one realizes the fate of those trying to reclaim Kazad-dum. At least they parted in good terms.
Deranged Reviewer chapter 12 . 8/11/2011
Hello there! I know that this story was written almost 10 years ago but I just want you to know that there are still new readers reading it (namely me!) So I just want to take a little bit of time to thank you for writing a wonderful story thus far.

I really love these LOTR stories that show character growth coupled with trials, adventures, humor etc. and I think your stories are ahead of the pack even after so many years.

I especially loved your characterization of the dwarves and how they aren't all the 'Gimli' type or the prejudiced, greedy type like Lorben. I think I have a fondness now for Shain and Naldin and will sad to see them leave once our primary party turns east to Lorien. It was unfortunate that Legolas' first real interaction with the dwarves had to be Lorben and the stranded co. but I guess this makes his future relationship with Gimli that much more poignant. I especially love the rather flirtatious Shain and his friendship with Galithil. Hilarious!

Another thing I want to commend you on is your portrayal of Glorfindel. It is easy for him and Langcyll to be so alike but I like the idea of a rather detached Glorfindel. He doesn't want to 'cross the line' and be too friendly with his inferiors, which is a shame but it makes sense in the context of this story.

Anywho, I just want you to know you have readers still and another fan. I'm really absorbed into your story and I apologize if my reviews seem sparse but know that I am enjoying each chapter very much. I'm guessing we will be meeting Aragorn, Gandalf or Lorien elves in the next chapter? Until then!
Caffeinated Star chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
After reading this, I thought of the perfect song for it: She's Leaving Home by The Beatles... although, Legolas is a 'he.' We'll ignore that part, though.

I loved the story, though I thought you treated elves as a bit more humanlike in the beginning, especially when dealing with the elven women looking to marry. Aside from that, and Legolas seeming to get hurt all the time, it was a great story.
OhShirleyUJest chapter 28 . 6/18/2011
Poor Glorfindel... Even in fanfics Arwen insists on stealing Asfaloth! Although, I must admit Galadriel's reaction was almost as funny as when Legolas pretended to be Celebron... Which was HILARIOUS! I am loving this; I really, really am.
kyuubecky chapter 30 . 5/31/2011
! 33 ITS...SOOO...AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZINGGGGGG...GG..G. HAHA SUPER GOOD JOB I LOVED IT
kyuubecky chapter 20 . 5/15/2011
"Balls of a Balrog!" all time favorite line in this whole chap! I died when Legolas said he was Celeborn! XDXD
Asiza chapter 30 . 5/9/2011
It is FABULOUS! I love the entire story. Especially the way Legolas impersonates Celeborn.I was laughing hysterically by that point! I hope to read more of your works soon
kyuubecky chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! YOU MADE ME CRY AGAIN! ITS...SSOOOO.. SAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD!
kyuubecky chapter 9 . 4/17/2011
AAAAAAAAAAHH TATHAR! IM CRYING FOR YOU! D'3
katamari-jedi chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I read this a long time ago, probably when you first posted it up on a site that I've now forgotten. I loved it so much then, that I printed the whole story out on paper so I could reread it whenever I liked.

You do not know how overjoyed I am that after all these years, I've managed to track down this fic on FF and can reread it and relive all the emotions you've put into this story. Until today, it still touches me in a way I can never fully explain.

Thank you so much for writing this.

Also, I am soooo effin' excited that you have a sequel to this! 3
kyuubecky chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Wow! my sister and I have read this story (she more then I) but we both love it!...again she more then i...cuz she has a serious thing for Legolas
Phia chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
I'd like you to know that, almost nine years later, your fanfiction is the one that defines good, clean, and epic writing in the Lord of the Rings fandom. Thank you for all you did all those years ago.
general zargon chapter 30 . 9/30/2010
Oh, Legolas, how wrong you are. _ I have to say, I really, really loved this story, especially the bits with both Aragorn and Legolas. I found the chapters set in Haloel really funny *laughs* "Giant beet" indeed...*falls over laughing* and I thought the part where Legolas pretended to be Celeborn absolutely hilarious! You know, I'd really like to see you write a story where Aragorn and Legolas tell that story to Elrond, Elladan, and Elrohir. I'd also like to see Celeborn's reaction to finding out how Legolas escaped the Drunken Guards of Haloel. LOL. Anyway, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this story! _
Elianna Eldari chapter 30 . 8/4/2010
THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have not read LoTR in years, nor the Hobbit, but I could easily accept this as my cannon, for while you do not write in Tolkien's style, you capture his characters. I stand in awe of you, and dearly hope here will be a continuation (in the meantime, I shall check your author page). This is one of my favorite stories, so I'd like to request your permission to copy and paste this off line and save it (under your name, including all a/n's, etc.) so that I may read it again more readily, and possibly email it to my friends.
1,159 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »