Reviews for I Want a Mom
Gilbird5 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Beautiful! I lost my dad when I was 4 so I can sort of relate.
AJ chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
A nice choice. Schue is usually an idiot and the Glee writers often try but usually miss the point. Which is why this little fic is right on-I could totally see this happening.
NeverMessWithTeddyBears chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This fic left me in tears.

I know this fic is old and I have no idea how your mom is now but I really really really hope she is okay.

I'll keep her in my prayers and may the Lord bless you and your family.

~hugs and kisses from Croatia.

Katarina.
mooncheese1331 chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
i hope ur mom gets better.
MistressDrusilla1860 chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
very lovely story sweetie. im not sure how things are with ur mom an family since this fic is over a yr old now. but i hope all is well. an the story told here was beautiful.

mel
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
this is good
Kristen257 chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
I just found this and I know exactly how you feel. I'm dealing with the same situation. I don't think my mom will be here with me much longer and the worry of that among others keeps me up a lot of nights too. She has RA as well, diabetes, a heart condition, blood pressure that dips dangerously low frequently, and a seizure disorder. Like your mom, her immune system is just about nonexistent which sends her diabetes and seizures out of control, every time she gets sick from anything. I've lost count of how many times she's nearly died on me, sometimes right in front of me.

So how about this? I will try to remember your mother frequently in my prayers, and yourself as well, and perhaps you could pray for my mother and my family too? We all need it, desperately for so many reasons. Sadly my mother is not the only one in dire physical condition. Try to stay in the moment and enjoy your time with her, however long it may be. Because those memories will be a great comfort someday if you should lose your mom sooner than you'd like. And if you ever need to talk to someone about it, you let me know. I know how saddening and terrifying it is to be in this situation. Send me a message and we can email or talk on the phone if you want. Sometimes just sharing a worry with someone who understands can make that burden of fear and sorrow feel just a little lighter. And remember there is power in prayer, especially so when two or more people are gathered together and praying about the same things. I don't know if it will help, I have witnessed miraculous healings myself, but we're not always guaranteed one if God has other plans. But I'll be hanging in there and hoping and praying just as hard as I know you must be.

And you picked an awesome song. I wish so much I could have my mother forever. This was a story that just grabs and tugs on all your heartstrings. I think if someone can read this and not have their emotions run amuck then they must be made of stone. You handled a very delicate subject in such a touching and just right manner. I wish I could think of better words to say what I mean. The heartache came through so clear without being an overwhelmingly angsty fic. There were some sentences I thought were just perfect examples of skillful writing because while they were subtle, they still had plenty of impact. Well done. And I truly hope things will get better for your Mom soon and yourself as well.
bananathebookworm chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This was amazing!
sillystarshine chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
wow amazing one shot made me realize how awesome and amazing my mom is and i should show her how much i appreciate her. i really hope your mom's doing better i'll keep her in my prayers god bless you and your family!
littlehoneypot chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Oh this is really cute :)
Utterly Ostentatious chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
This really meant a lot to me. I know how you feel, I really do. My mom died when I was seven of a tumor on her spine. I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I can honestly say I wish that won't happen to you. On lighter topics, I really thought your writing was amazing!
Ina chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
Simply beautiful.
eyesofgarnet chapter 1 . 8/7/2010
This was really touching. And you did such a great job.

I completely understand your little AN at the top. My mom's been sick for a long time to and the thought of losing her kills me.
All the Jazz chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Omg. This was awesome and it made me cry!
kiarcheo chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
This was absolutely amazing!

It made me cry, but it was really fantastic

Hope everything will be fine