Reviews for A Tale of Buses and Goodbyes
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2017
Love it! I've always been team Jess! I would prefer though if he didn't smoke. But still, LOVE IT!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
This is beautiful
vfft chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
Quite possibly my very favorite Jess-as-dad story. Love the dialogue, love how Cate echoes Rory's youthful adventures:). One nice thing about this story is how you wordlessly convey Jess remembering the whole NYC trip. What would be excellent is hearing the conversation between Jess and a Rory when Rory gets home, and the Cate-Rory conversation the next day. Maybe pull Lorelei into that one too?
Ruth-Charlotte chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Hi! I've just read this and its so good,please write more about Cate as a teenager absolutely love Jess and her relationship, Ruth :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Perfect! Their daughter is as snarky as them, and her grandmother haha. Now I need to go rewatch the bus station scene on YouTube.
Daisyangel chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
She's definitely Rory and Jess's child. lol
DC Nixon chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Aww I get to see Cate again, oh she's growing up so fast :) Haha it was good, like father like daughter, but then again like mother like daughter too. I liked it.
open hearts catch dreams chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
I just read this and *had* to review.

I love it. I really, really love it.

There is something really tender and real about the way you write Jess as a father, and I think I now have a standard of comparison for every other fic I read where Jess gets a kid (especially a daughter).

I love everything, from the way it is implied that Jess and Rory have no secrets, to the implications that their kid(s?) know almost everything about how they got together. From hints of the past in Cate's begging for a tattoo, to the way Jess doesn't admit he came home because he *knew* she wasn't there. Even better is the quiet, calm way he deals with the situation, knowing to yell would be hypocritical.

Most, though, is the brilliant methods of punishment in the Mariano home. A standard grounding, which goes up if you don't come clean up front. The sentence changes according to when details are discovered, and how bad they are then...and the whole thing is discussed in a court between mum and dad for the final verdict. I don't know why - but it's brilliant (even if I'm not spot on with all of it). It's a very fair way of running a house with children, and lets them know what they're in for before even doing anything.

I'm going to go read through some more of your lit fics. You have an amazing talent for writing - and especially for the Rory/Jess relationship - and I really hope you keep going.
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
If I didn't love you enough for changes...this sure did it. I've got a particularly soft spot for Jess as a dad. And you nailed it. I LOVE this story.

And, by the way, I finally posted the prologue of my story "Pay the Piper" (which will eventually be the first in a trilogy - parts of all three stories already written). I would really love your feedback and help if you're up to it. It was me you wrote this to:

(Oh, and I'm looking forward to reading your story. New Lit writers are so

exciting :). If you need any help or someone to talk to, please PM me).

At the same time, I know that your health has been rotten, and I do understand that. I hope the best for you, answers to all the lousy medical questions, treatments that actually work. They can be so elusive.

I love your work.

All the best.

~Iscah
literarylolita chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Awe!

I love Jess as a dad.
MissGoalie75 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
I always thought if Rory and Jess were to have kids, they would have a girl like this. I love the way you wrote their relationship - Jess was very in character, and the dialogue was fantastic. Awesome job! _
882md1 chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
awwww!

I usually don't like to read many stories about rory and jess being too old, but this one had a great description.

And it was completely enjoyable.

Thank you for writing!
rafap chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I loved this story! I just happen to love reading about Jess being a parent :P
JannalovesJess chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Aaaw, that is too cute! :)
BekaForEver chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
That's so sweet! I love seeing Jess' parenting style!