Reviews for Code Geass: Mao of the Deliverance
CelticKawaii chapter 25 . 8/26/2012
Aha, very true - plus, we're talking about Lelouch, right? I just doubt that someone in remedial PE could cover well over 500 meters without being dead by the time he reached the chapel! (You know it's true) XD But then you'd assume Mao's a very good actor...that is, if he already knew Lelouch was under his own Geass and all - but that too isn't a far stretch for Mao. He puts on a near-perpetual act of smugness and superiority when he's really a deeply hurt child...dammit TV Tropes. Dammit to hell! Can't wait to see where this goes...
CelticKawaii chapter 24 . 8/26/2012
Hm, took a lot of twists in this chapter...well, while I don't agree with the idea that the relationship between Lelouch and Nunally is incestuous, I can't say it isn't canonically supported. A lot of fan theory surrounds that scene in R2 though - Nunally has psychic powers, Lelouch (if we're to assume he's gained a Code from Charles) affecting Nunally via contact, or just a desperate attempt at a Really Dead Montage. Still, I find your interpretation interesting, though I always assumed it was just being a living lie detector, not an outright mind reader! But really, I'd say even without psychic powers, Nunners would've figured that Zero sounds just like her older brother! I mean, to a blind girl, it's just Clark Kenting. XD
Anyway, still amusing how she was able to turn Mao's attempted mind rape on HIM! Seriously, she's definitely Lulu's sister! :P
CelticKawaii chapter 23 . 8/26/2012
Once again, bringing another amazing scene into the story while being totally faithful to canon! I'm almost starting to hate you...:P
I've had a lot of different theories for what C.C.'s real name is. Not saying it out loud, but honestly, it's hard to tell - they don't even tell us after the end of the series! Ugh! But based on her 'love me' Geass, I figured it might be Amanda (meaning "worthy of love"), but it could well be unlikely if we're to assume 'C.C.' are in fact her initials. Chloe could also be a candidate (means "green one", which goes along with the hair, plus if we figure a last name, we've got the first 'C'). I'm just glad you left it up in the air, since a lot of readers would probably just complain if you chose the 'wrong' name for her. Can't wait for the end!
CelticKawaii chapter 22 . 8/25/2012
You know, I always assumed it had more to do with Lelouch's Geass than pure luck that Mao survived the gunshots. Then again, I think it's just a general rule of Code Geass that riddled with bullets is guaranteed *not* to kill you. (*cough*Cornelia*cough*) XD
CelticKawaii chapter 22 . 8/25/2012
Hello nurse!
Hmm...I spy with my little eye...a trope Shout Out! :D
CelticKawaii chapter 22 . 8/24/2012
I agree with your statement in the author's notes. Yes, I understand why Lelouch's asshole qualities are amped up from Mao's perspective, but not far off the mark either. Yes, even though I was rooting for him since episode 1, I still recognize that Lelouch is, how shall we say, kind of a dick. He's lying, hypocritical, manipulative, underhanded, arrogant, and oh did we mention has no problem killing people who either stand in his way or are no longer useful to him? At one point, he actually muses over why he didn't just KILL Shirley. Yes, I know that the morality is kind of fuzzy in Code Geass, and Lelouch is not wholly good, nor are his enemies wholly evil, and vice versa. It's just perspective...which is what I appreciate. :)
CelticKawaii chapter 21 . 8/24/2012
Okay, okay, I have to be honest with you - I lifted the spoiler tags on the TV Tropes page, so I kind of knew the whole time. Even so, I would have at least guessed just by how out of character everybody was, save for Tamaki (who was actually way *too* dead-on for Mao, as the two had never met before, right?). The half-digested pizza part made me almost choke from the drink I had while I read this! Sorry, I just have a really bad habit of premature spoiler-peaking...it ruined a lot of Code Geass for me. T_T
I personally would have liked to see what things would be like if Mao had ended up with C.C. in Australia - minus the chainsaw part, at least. At the very least, if Mao's had been a better ending. And about what you said the other chapter, you are absolutely right! Mao and Lelouch have more in common than perhaps either would like to admit. Both have someone whom they care for enough to do questionable acts for, and both have a Geass that actually makes them hypocritical (Lulu wants the best for the will of mankind, yet his Geass controls their will to bend to his. Mao can read anyone's thoughts, and interprets them all in the worst manner possible, unable to see the evil of his own acts and intentions). Both also end up hurting the very one they care most for - Mao wants to hack up C.C. with a chainsaw, Lulu acts like a jerk to Nunally in order to further the Zero Requiem...the list goes on! And they're both modeled after the king piece in chess! Sorry, couldn't help it. XD
Anyway, I don't want to review *this* particular chapter until I can sign in again. But of you I can honestly say, this fanfic is one of the best out there!
CelticKawaii chapter 20 . 8/24/2012
What just...what just happened?
Guest chapter 19 . 8/23/2012
"endogenous dopamine..." Hehe, sesquipedalian loquaciousness much? It's fine by me though, just amusing.
And Mao on the carousel...so cute! He's mentally screwed up in the head (I was laughing so hard when he was detailing that chainsaw and about not wanting too many "shavings"...so maybe I'm mentally screwed up in the head too!), but you can't help but love him. I can't wait for the infamous Chapter 20 (according to TV Tropes, there's crack, a Team Rocket song rendition, and a talking disembodied head...what?). Anyway, ignore my parentheses abuse. Awesome job!
CelticKawaii chapter 18 . 8/23/2012
Way to recapture the episode! I love how you added in the thought process...damn, Lelouch nearly gave Mao an aneurysm. XD (Well, so did Shirley, now that I think about it...)
I remember first watching that episode. The whole time I just hated that guy who, for no apparent reason, wanted to mentally and verbally beat Shirley and Lelouch. Then I saw his reaction to glimpsing C.C., and it hit me - poor guy, he misses her! There's a Freudian Excuse coming up, I can feel it. I felt bad for him by the time he died.
CelticKawaii chapter 18 . 8/23/2012
I understand that you wanted to show the whole story of Mao - I respect and commend your keeping track with canon. I actually like it - it made me feel like I was getting a "behind-the-scenes look" at what went on between Shirley and Mao. I didn't think "OMG Mao is ebil!" so much as I thought "Mao...you'd go this far...all for C.C.? Even hurting innocent people like Shirley just to get her back?" I felt angry at him, but at the same time sad for him, as his slip into villainy becomes more and more apparent. And making this a fanfic for people who aren't even familiar with Code Geass was genius! I don't even bother doing that, sad to say...but in all, this is excellent work!
(PS: You can PM me for a reply, though I can't sign in right now)
CelticKawaii chapter 17 . 8/23/2012
Poor Shirley. I love Mao and all, but dammit all...your narrative was excellent as always! It's exactly like the anime!
CelticKawaii chapter 16 . 8/22/2012
*watches Episode 12* Okay, he's supposed to be...
(cue Mao making a cameo)
HOLY SH*T! (No, pardon the language, but my exact words...)
CelticKawaii chapter 15 . 8/22/2012
You know, I never mentioned this before, but aside from the spot-on interpretation of Mao, you capture the setting of Code Geass pretty well too! The Japanese and their feeling of desperation, for example. Not to mention...the earring! You know, I was re-watching episodes 14-16 and I noticed that earring, and I wondered 'Does that ever come up in this fic?' It does! I mean, you got everything!
Guest chapter 14 . 8/22/2012
Amazing how Mao was able to figure out so much in so little time! C.C. really seems to have a way of finding geniuses. I just don't get how (in canon) the cameras, which were all trained on Zero/Lelouch, didn't catch his helmet open to reveal his Geass eye. It's the canon, not you, that really bugs me. XD Anyway, nicely done!
131 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »