Reviews for Code Geass: Mao of the Deliverance
CelticKawaii chapter 13 . 8/21/2012
We're in the series proper now! Hooray for the Badass Mother Kallen!
Wow, Mao is PISSED...talk about 'no kill like overkill', eh? I figured he'd snap some time, considering everything he's been through...
CelticKawaii chapter 12 . 8/21/2012
Yay blood! XD This chapter was exciting. Mao is so jumping off the slippery slope.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/21/2012
Oh Clovis, you are such a lecher...teehee.
Look, I don't think Doragoniki actually means 'dragon's breath' in Japanese, but who cares? Most people would search Google Translate or buy Rosetta Stone just to prove to you that you're wrong - do I care? No. Your story is brilliant and that's all that's important.
Yellow Box? Death Note reference, yay!
It's okay that this is a filler chapter of sorts, I already read on TV Tropes that the next chapter gets bloodier and gorier.
CelticKawaii chapter 10 . 8/21/2012
As usual, can't log in...but anyways, this chapter was great! I couldn't keep track of the soundtrack (couldn't figure out when to play it), so I just kind of gave up on that. But anyway, this chapter was great. I don't care that there's no "Eastern Territory" in Australia, you filled in to keep with the alternate history of the setting.
CelticKawaii chapter 9 . 8/20/2012
Yes, Mao's finally out of there! I wondered at first what the purpose of his being at the Directorate was - it was how he picked up skills in sharpshooting and such, for instance. As always, this story is exciting and sticks to canon too - both the good and the bad qualities of Mao's character are present and expanded upon, you don't sugarcoat anything, and that's what I like.
CelticKawaii chapter 8 . 8/17/2012
I can't log in right now, but I have to say, this chapter (as always) was great. I love the characterization on Rolo especially. Great job!
CelticKawaii chapter 7 . 8/16/2012
Holy crap, talk about a Wham Episode! I didn't expect that to happen...and the 2nd song you put? It was AWESOME!
I really like how you characterized V.V. and Rolo - heck, most especially Rolo, though I would think he'd just shoot Mao rather than just hold a pistol to their head - though he did actually do that once with Lelouch, so fair enough.
Anyway...um, whoa. Seven chapters in, Mao's at the Geass Directorate, has met V.V. and Rolo, and now has a Refrain addiction. This is almost as bad as canon! XD
CelticKawaii chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
I got a feeling...well, more like "read the TV Tropes page", and figured it was Refrain. And for someone like Mao, this can only get worse.
As for the doctor's statement, about Mao having 'innocent eyes', well, he seems to have gotten over that by the time he first debuts in the series proper. Though his eyes seem to become pretty innocent (or at least child-like) whenever C.C.'s around. Yeah, even when he gets the chainsaw. XD
CelticKawaii chapter 5 . 8/16/2012
Oh great, that's just what Mao needs, a guy even more insane than he is. The universe must have mistook Mao for Lelouch, his luck is running so bad right now...
And no songs this time, eh? Well, that's fine. Still love it though!
CelticKawaii chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
Again, great job with the song choices! I've never actually read a song fic before, and I gotta say, this one is the best (wait...). I wonder what'll happen to Mao, now that the batteries died on him.
CelticKawaii chapter 3 . 8/15/2012
Love this chapter! I played the "soundtrack" to it (the hard part though was reading at the right time). The music fit the scenes perfectly - I think I found my new favorite song (King's March massive ear worm!)
Leave it to Mao to use his geass like that...it's also interesting how you covered on people's reactions to him, and - realistically - made them suspicious of him in his rags and feeling VERY different once he changed. It was probably things like that that made Mao think so poorly of people's intentions in general, always interpreting the worst motive...
Anyway, this was a long review. Story is great!
CelticKawaii chapter 3 . 8/15/2012
Haha, so *that's* how Mao got the snazzy outfit! Moral of the story; never play cards with Mao. Or just don't gamble with Mao, period. XD
CelticKawaii chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
I played some of the "soundtrack" suggestions you put - they fit really well! I really like how you give Mao a sympathetic quality without sacrificing his actual character in-story; he still gets to be the messed-up, obsessive manchild he was in canon and it is GLORIOUS! So far, I like it!
CelticKawaii chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This fic so far is great! You kept everyone in character pretty well too. Poor, poor Mao...
So you're a troper huh? Awesome. Well, I saw the page for this story and just had to read it.
But you know, of all the times you decide to ask the person totally dependent on you to kill you...you just had to pick the anniversary, didn't you C.C.?
Guest chapter 20 . 7/30/2012
At first I was confused but then I loved it.
131 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »