Reviews for Broken
GreenGreatDragon chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
i love the background you've given elrond! i've always thought there was something behind his words to gimli, and this fills it out incredibly! very nice!
KyMahalei chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
This story was well worth the work that went into it. Elrond is one of the most complex and enegmatic characters in Tolkien's cast, and yet there are precious few stories that open his heart to the reader in the way that yours has done. My only regret is that this story is so short - you've got such a compelling and sympathetic perspective that I wish that you could have written more.

I like the way that you were able to fill in gaps in the canon with events that make sense and are so believable. The way that your story threads culminated in Elrond's final comment was quite nicely done.

I think that it isn't too late to get this into MEFA for the year. Do you have someone to nominate it? If not, drop me a line and I'll nominate it.

Excellent piece, Thundra. Thanks for sharing your gift of writing with us.
Puxinette chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Wow! What a well thought out chronicle of Elrond's life! Another very good story. Thanks for writing it.
Evereven chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Great story. You give the reader an intelligent and thoughtful view of Elrond's life. Thanks for another insightful and entertaining tale.
Maiden chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
This was really good. I like how you portrayed Elrond, though it gave me great grief to listen to his troubles. I never thought of Elrond's pain this way.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I just have to tell you again what a wonderful piece of work this is. You truly have captured Elrond's character throughout the ages in a manner that fleshes him out wonderfully! The various scenes come together to give an outstanding explanation for Elrond's comment to Gimli in FotR. I have often wondered what he meant. Now I know. :) You've also woken my dozing muse in regard to Elrond's reaction to finding Celebrían. I think I'll be fiddling with that story a bit more now. We rarely see Elrond at the scene, and few know he was there (still trying to find that reference, but I swear it's in HoME somewhere! D)

What an outstanding series of gapfiller scenes! I absolutely loved it! And I think I have come to know Elrond just a little bit better by reading. :) Thanks for sharing!

NiRi

PS Blákári sends you some dwarven whiskey and wonders if you'll ever have a new chapter of LLS ready for us poor dedicated fans? *hint hint, nudge nudge, poke poke, *bangs on your muse's door* HELLOOOO? ANYONE HOME?

D