Reviews for Masks
5th Dimension chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
That was nice. This explains a lot and gives me a sense of calm.
ItsJustMarty chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
It... Seems to have logged me out at the last minute. I wasn't aware you could post, even anonymously, without a name. Anyway I'm the one who sent you the review below me. I liked the story enough that I need to put my name on my thoughts about it.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
"Mediocre fluff" huh? Is that how you actually feel or is it just modesty? I'm personally struggling with what to say about this. I'm left speechless in the best possible way. I've never been all that great at describing things that I like. But when something is really good I have to get it out some how.

Is it cliche to say that I'm speechless? Or that I was blown away? Maybe it's just my taste in stories but I think this might be the best PokeSpe story I've ever read. I really don't know what to say. I always tell people it's the little things that hit the hardest, the carving graffiti in the legs part sticks out in my mind.

In general the thing that really made me enjoy this story was how it explored the dynamic between Silver and Blue. Most writers around here either forget this aspect to them when writing them or when they do pay it mind they do so poorly. It stresses the importance they have in each others lives. Personally I've always compared them to a mother and son.

I've never considered that there could be a dramatic NEGATIVE effect on Blue's psyche upon rediscovering the outside world. And the comparison of lies to masks and how damaging they would be for Blue but would be an inevitability for survival on their part really struck me. You gave thought to little things that would slip most people's minds, like Silver's trouble with facial recognition and resulting stunted growth because of how young he was when a mask was forced on him.

There is one minor thing I want to point out. "Will and Karen were psychopaths" I believe the word you're looking for is sociopath. And psychopath is someone who kills because they believe it's what God wants them to do or because the wendigo on the Captain Crunch box told them to. A sociopath is an unempathetic human being who will kill/be cruel, not feel bad about it and is unable to understand why anyone else would.

The ending was simply smart, with the comparison of Blue to an evolving Pokémon, it ties the character in what is otherwise just a character study to the world they're in and her role in it. We're all aware that Blue gets softer as the series goes on but the idea that it's specifically "everyone getting the same side of her that Silver gets to some extent" is very interesting to say the absolute least.

I love this story and there are no words that can accurately display my feelings about it. But it's definitely my new favorite. I'll definitely have to look at what else you've done.
Just Your Life chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
SilverAwesome. It was a good change to see a fic about him for once, he doesn't have that many. I loved the way you wrote about him, it's like this fic was actually part of the canon xD. Some minor errors here:

"but I would watch as Green fluttered her eyes to sneak into sneak into PokéMart without an Trainer ID Card" You wrote sneak into twice and I think it's supposed to be "a Trainer ID Card"?

This was truly awesome, keep it up!
Mileyangel321 chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
What an incredible fanfic! I really enjoyed reading it, as I'm an avid fan of the Masked Man, Blue (Green in this story), and basically anything along those lines. Can't wait to read more from you!