Reviews for Playing King in Your Small Kingdom
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I would totally be as excited as Autor if I learned that my idol had somehow possessed my friend to do what he did best, right inside my house.

But again, learning that the aforementioned idol was a bit of an unempathetic twat would be stunning. Quite a wake-up call, holding evidence of Drosselmeyer's attempted murder...

And I like how he realized how insensitive he'd seemed when he was all "Magnificent! 8D", even if it was unintentional.

Worthy of a very late review, if that means anything XD;
xxFireWarriorxx chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
AWWW, that was wonderfully written! I loved the way you portrayed Autor in this. His revelation and resulting thoughts all flowered wonderfully, and in a completely realistic manner too. :D

Nice spin-off from the cannon. I REALLY enjoyed this. _
Nuit Songeur chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Oh, yes! A very nice addendum to the episode. It fits perfectly well and you got Autor's character down to a T. Very wonderful, indeed!

I like when you have Autor realizing that the story is real, that Drosselmeyer is cruel, and, especially, when he says that he doesn't seem them as real people- just characters for him to manipulate at his own will. Job well done!

-Nuit
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
This is really good. Drosselmeyer is so much fun that the viewer can easily overlook, as Autor does for so many years, that he actually is evil. It really must have been a blow such as this, to realize that Drosselmeyer would use him as a mere character, that brought him 'round in time for the battle.

Nice encapsulation of Drosselmeyer, too- pointing out that his evil is not any sort of personal malevolence, but the fact that he does not distinguish between humans and characters and freely manipulates either at will, or more likely as needed (in his view.) (Although one wonders if he takes Tutu's escape from his *wherever*, with Fakir's help, as a challenge.)

Very well done!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Really wonderful
RosylaGypsy chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
This was really good, and it certainly explained Autor's behaviour before and during the finale. I had always sort of assumed he was forced to change gears when he realised exactly how serious the whole thing was (like you, I noticed his subdued manner when Ahiru was running off), but it's definitely plasuible that this is what convinced him. I also like how concerned for Fakir he is _ Well done!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Ooh, this ficlit is so chilling, particularly Autor's horrified reactions to what he sees and reads. Finding the letter opener first was another chilling twist to it.

Autor's mention of them being mere characters was a powerful one.

And I loved the last line.