Reviews for The Butterfly Effect
Guest chapter 9 . 2/24/2015
I love this story. Sarah and Derek are my OTP of all OTPS. ️
justjoe chapter 9 . 11/8/2011
You are a really talented writer. This is a great story, with all elements well done.
Sherylp87 chapter 8 . 12/20/2010
wow! the scene w/the half a terminator clawing after sarah was a classic redone w/class. really well done. i felt sarah's horror and pain. ur descriptions are great :) and when she blew the other one apart. awesome. ur mix of humor is a nice addition to the pain. great stuff :)
Sherylp87 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
man. i'm addicted. don't know what i'm gonna do when i get through all ur stories. i luv how even cameron is a lil itimidated by sarah. ur use of humor mixed in with the sex and carnage is perfect.
course chapter 9 . 10/9/2010
Hello cj2017.

I like your writing and your stories are good. I think they're very original, but there is one problem I have with them. I think "problem" is a bad word to use here. It's just a lack there of of a certain TSCC element that was a big part of the show.

It lacks pretty much all forms of John and Cameron. Even in the show there were subtle scenes where John and Cameron showed how much they mean to one another. I love Sarah and Derek - I just don't understand the lack of John and Cameron. If it had John and Cameron; this story would be so close to perfect. I just like what Josh Friedman (and company) was showing us - that a human could love a machine. John risking his life to stay with the person he loves while knowing that the person he loves is a machine. It's beautiful and I think it's the very embodiment of SciFi.

But as I said, your stories are good and will continue to read them regardless.
BlackQueen92 chapter 9 . 8/21/2010
You did it again. Briliant. Love it :)

-BlackQueen-
Stormbringer951 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Another story from cj2017. The Butterfly Effect follows on from his previous Terminator works, Never a Good Day, Know Your Exits and Breaking Point.

As always, The Butterfly Effect earns it's mature rating. It's gritty, there's torture, horrific injury and a lot of other M-rated stuff. You can see cj2017's medical experience really show through here.

The story is interesting, as always, and we can see a bit more of Kaliba's grand plot coming together. A new and compelling enemy character has appeared, along with a few new allies. My main concern with the story is that the last few stories feel relatively formulaic.

The gang discover a new lead - They investigate it, alerting a Skynet agent - one of them is captured and tortured - they break free, foiling their captor's plan. I know there are lots of differences between each plotline, but the episodic plotlines always have the same feel.

To the Author: Try breaking up the structure a little - start "in media res" or do something else to break up the format. Above all, keep writing.
fairedust chapter 9 . 7/6/2010
Had to let you know I really enjoyed the ride. It might be heartless, but I'm glad you didn't make their escape easy. It went right along with their everything that could go wrong theme. Thought it was also kinda cool how you have left the initial ground work for the next installment with this one. I always figured there had to be more going on with Savanna. It couldn't have just been Catherine's need to control the company. If it was she could have found a way to do so without assuming one or the other parents role. Also I don't think she would have tried so hard to connect with a human child, if that child wasn't important.
HellGS chapter 9 . 6/29/2010
That is absolutely, unquestionably great story! And it doesnt matter how long it is... I still want more badly :)
Searching for Serenity chapter 9 . 6/28/2010
What a wonderful ending! I loved how you brought Savannah Weaver into the story. I really hope that you'll write a sequel to this with Savannah in it! I loved her, and always suspected she must have been important in the future. I also loved the bits of conversation between John Henry and Cain. Poor John Henry, he really is naive. It's sad that he's so easily used and deceived. Finally, I loved that Sarah finally invited Derek to sleep in her bed with her, and managed to convince him to stay even when it was no longer necessary. It was really sweet how she even talked him into unpacking. He's a permanent part of her life now, and I'm glad she let him know it.
Vampiric Ant chapter 9 . 6/28/2010
Wow! This is incredible! Can't wait for the next story!
Searching for Serenity chapter 8 . 6/25/2010
I loved how you re-created the ending from the first movie. That truly must have been a nightmare come to life for Sarah. You captured Sarah's terror and panic perfectly. I loved the line about the matching scars being better than matching sweaters! That was hilarious! I'm glad that Zach is safe! They have a new lead with that note, too, so that's an extra bonus. Great job!
Searching for Serenity chapter 7 . 6/25/2010
Wow, what a great chapter! I was amazed that they were able to rescue Zach and escape from the building with no serious injuries! Although, from the sound of the end of the chapter, they aren't out of danger yet! Also, loved Derek's line about spooning when the blast was about to hit them! That was really funny, and touching and sweet at the same time. Well done!
Searching for Serenity chapter 6 . 6/25/2010
Another exciting and very suspenseful chapter! I love that Michael and Zach first learned about Sarah and John and Judgment Day on a forum, and then used the forum to start organizing their own resistance. I found it ironic that the technology of the internet enabled them to fight against a future destroyed by technology.

I love both Michael and Zach. It's obvious they both have strong spirits, determination, and bravery. They're both beautiful characters. It was so painful to read about Zach's torture. Despite the trap that has been set for them, I really hope the Connors will be able to rescue Zach.
fairedust chapter 7 . 6/23/2010
Yep. Just like you said, nothing is easy in the world of Sarah Connor.