Reviews for The New Broken Princess
Inside Us Only Stars chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
To be honest I think this is fascinating. Since I just discovered Rule of Rose, this has been one of my interests. It just makes the story seem more alive, and gives more feeling to the Mermaid chapter (even though this is Fanfiction). I'd like to believe that it might've happened that way. Good job!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Bravo
Crap Rocket Red chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Oh my gosh poor Diana :( really cool story :) you write really cool so cant wait to read your other stories :)
Someoneyoudon'tknow chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
This story is very well worded. Allowing the reader to see the fear & awkwardness behind the guise of cold determination was also well done. If this story where to be ongoing this would be a good catalyst to allow the rotten underbelly of the orphanage to show.
queerpinata chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Thank you very much for the review to my story! I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

All in all, your story was good. You have an excellent use of language and I found myself captivated, always wanting to read more until I reached the conclusion. In my opinion, the whole issue of the relationship between Mr. Hoffman, Clara and Diana has become quite cliche, but this is a nice, juicy little story that's a little bit open to interpretation, which I love, and befitting of Rule of Rose. It's definitely something which has potential and could be developed, even though it's fine as it is now. It would be quite nice to see an addition, sequel or development of it in the near future.

You asked about getting to know the characters. The advice I can give you is to play the game and really deeply analyse everything in it, and watch the characters as they move; as they speak; as they react. Create your own ideas, stories and interpretations. If you'd like to focus on a particular character (like Wendy, for example), take out a notepad and do a mind-map on her, focusing on her relationships to others, her emotions, her feelings, how she acts, how she reacts to different situations, etc.. Make the characters yours. Don't be afraid of coming out of character: sometimes that's a good thing. Be bold, be different, be creative, be innovative with the characters. That's how the best stories are made! :)

Well done for your piece and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!