Reviews for Truth, Lies, and the CIA
Osced chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Wow...a great story, loved to read through Ellie's POV..especially her thoughts about Sarah.

/Osced
Henry chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I've read this before, but I wanted to read it again, this time to leave a comment.

For me, this is the best Sarah/Ellie scene ever, not only in the fateverse or in other fanfics (not that I've read so many...) but in the show itself. I think that I could pay pure gold for YS and SL in a scene like this. If I had pure gold, of course, that is one of the reasons why I will never see it...
Crumby chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I love TLC. It was SO great to read back when you published it, and it still definitely is. For one thing, how great is it to read your Ellie? I wish the show had done justice to the character as much as you have. And you managed to "tackle" so many things/subjects in one chapter, it was awesome.

Ellie's story in Fates is really interesting on its own. Chuck disappearing like their parents definitely did a number on her too, and it was interesting to go inside her head and have some light on that. For example about her and Devon. And it was definitely interesting to see Sarah though her eyes.

"And honestly, who the hell were they trying to fool? She'd graduated med school one place behind Devon, who was, as her brother often put it now, awesome. She wasn't an idiot." Hee.

Every questions that Ellie asked felt very right. As fans we're so used to the Chuckverse, our minds often goes to questions/things that are typical of the show, but Ellie is discovering everything. Here and with the scene between Chuck and Ellie at Standford in Chapter 21, you really did a great job at portraying someone that is new to this.

Sarah apologizing for her shoddy cover rather than lying was very...Sarah, I thought. :)

I think Chapter 49 made me think about this, but it's very interesting to see that, a major difference between Fates!Bartowskis and canon!Bartowskis is trust. "Ellie had stopped knowing whom to trust five years ago when nobody had told her where her brother was." Chuck had stop trusting people then as well, and even worse when his best friend screwed him over. And it shows. Ellie questions everything. Not that she doesn't have reasons to, or that Ellie and Chuck completely lost that character trait, but on the show they tend to trust people a lot more.

And Sarah is obviously at the heart of this trust thing. Especially since she's "all but dating" Chuck. ;) It's very interesting to see Ellie go through the same questions than Chuck has/is/will.

Poor Sarah by the way. She has been crying. That fight with Chuck was quite difficult for her. She knows all too well about "damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situations."

"'It was probably the happiest I've ever seen him,' she said slowly. 'He missed you. That much was obvious. But sometimes it's…hard to put the Chuck we have today together with the man I met in Switzerland.'" I had forgotten about that. I was wrong when I said I first saw that Sarah was missing the old Chuck in FFF, since it was clearly here already.

"Because you want to protect Chuck." That's certainly something on what they can relate.

"I think in a perfect world, we should grab Chuck and Devon, get the hell out of Burbank, and drop off the grid completely." I loved how Ellie's interrogation skills brought this. And Sarah's reaction. :)

"Chuck may not be aware of it, but please, Ellie hadn't been his big sister for twenty-seven years for nothing." ;)
lightthief chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
You should write a story about Ellie convincing Sarah to spill her feelings for Chuck. It would be great!
Katsumara chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Just been reading through WFI, and wanted to read the side-stories as I read along, so.. when I read this, just wow. I can't believe I missed out on it. This was so good. And yeah, as Ellie figured out.. Sarah's feelings for Chuck are fairly strong!
triptpol85 chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
Dude awesome. I'm. Glad you wrote this companion chapter. It's awesome.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
It was interesting to see this scene, and especially Sarah, through such paranoid lenses. Things seem so uncertain and scary. And it was also interesting to see Sarah confront Ellie in such a state.
Mojo01 chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
As always, breathtakingly written and characterization second to none. I agree with JohnClark43 and TeamBartowski, though... This is Ellie's PoV, and in no way counts as a Sarah PoV installment. *grin*
crystal.elements chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
See? Look how bad I feel now for being the "fuse." People would hate me if they knew I was the one who almost stopped you from posting this. It's alright, I don't have to be the guard dog anymore cause you've made it clear that there shall be no Sarah PoV for a while. Hahaha.

Anyways, you know I loved this, so I won't repeat myself. I liked the little tidbits you added, though. Especially at the end. ;)
NickyR chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
What a GENIUS idea, but then again Frea I wouldnt expect anything less. Thank you for posting I dont always keep update as I should on the GG, but I do get emails, some how i missed when you posted this, thank goodness you posted it on here. I'll have to go check out those other stories you were talking about. I thought that it was interesting to see what transpired and to see Ellie's reaction, and Sarah having to talk to Ellie.

my favorite part was - "I think in a perfect world, we should grab Chuck and Devon, get the hell out of Burbank, and drop off the grid completely," Sarah blurted out."-

so that sounds like the start to a new FF, haha.. anyways I know you want to leave ellie/sarah becoming friends to our imagination, but I enjoy your imagination more, so this is me begging you to please just add one more chapter let it be in ellie or sarah's POV i dont care but IT would be amazing and if YOU wrote it then we all know it would be AWESOME!
aardvark7734 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I was kinda almost afraid to pipe up here, since in my version of how you got coerced into posting this on FF, I lit the match which burned Crystal's fuse which set off CJ's bomb. ;)

And while it's so cool that this is up here now, I hope it wasn't too much of a pain in the butt to make that happen.

Anyway, I've already told you how great this little scene is, so I won't repeat myself. But you did good.
BetweenTwoWorlds chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
That was awesome! I loved it! Getting to find out a bit more about both Chuck and Sarah. Especially the fact that Sarah thought they should grab Chuck and Devon and bolt. Hilarious. I can't wait for the new "Fates" chapter. I bet it's great.
augmarenne chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Very well done. This chapter puts to rest the turmoil surrounding Ellie's decision. To me, you did an excellent job of portraying the strong side of Ellie, a side that Sarah is a little afraid of. Also, Ellie can read Sarah better that any one else - including her (Sarah's) real feelings for Chuck. Thanks for the time and effort you put into your stories.
DJ chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Wow I've been reading your stuff on an ongoin basis and sadly have not left any feedback. So thank you for the time you have put into this group of fics. I love them and read them as soon as they hit the site. I have never been a reader but I started reading Malamoo's 2nd chance and I cant stop. I have read all Chuck fanfics skipping a only a few i found distastful. So thanks im am enjoying this so much:).
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Hmm, this got me interested in the story...anyways, great job. (: