Reviews for Promises
Sparrow chapter 10 . 9/3/2010
So a nice story and funny .

"My name is Commander Shepard and this is my favourite Quarian on the Fortilla" - loved it ;)

It's nice that there was a happy ending :)
ghost.713 chapter 10 . 7/21/2010
I feel really redundant here, because it feels like I'm always going on about how much I love and enjoyed reading this story, but... well, I suppose the universe will have to deal with it. This was such a fresh, new genre and a welcome window into all the characters (customized, recurring or new) who played a part in it!

Thank you so much for writing it.
Kitarri chapter 10 . 7/21/2010
One of the best Kolyat stories I've read to date.
KatharsisJunkie chapter 10 . 7/18/2010
I'm so sad to see this story end! But I like the ending, the way you wrapped it all up. Shephard leaving Kolyat with Ashley's family is really cute, and a good way to weave that element back into the story (meaning: it's nice that you didn't just plop Ashley in the story for angsty reasons and she actually has a purpose, even after death)
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 10 . 7/16/2010
Just wanted to drop a quick review to let you know that I loved this story )

I'm sad to see it end, but it's a good ending )
acethebatdog2039 chapter 10 . 7/16/2010
ohh its over... i'm sad now. but i do love it. would love to see little one shots of Kolyat with the family.

Ace
karen chapter 9 . 7/12/2010
I like the story over all so far. Shepard being given a kid and having to save the galaxy is interesting!
Kudara chapter 8 . 7/7/2010
Hanar jelly anyone?

I always thought the Compact sounded suspiciously like slavery. Nice scene with Samara on Omega, I suspect Aria was very happy to see her leave.
KatharsisJunkie chapter 8 . 7/7/2010
This is such a great story! It's heartwarming, the characters are tangible, and I am going to be biting my nails waiting to find out what happened to Kolyat.

Also, I really like your nice Miranda, I think she deserves some love.
ghost.713 chapter 7 . 7/6/2010
Ahh, the scene with Shepard and Kolyat talking in Shepard's quarters is one of the best things I've ever read. It's just so honest and straightforward, without unnecessary embellishment. I'd even say it's heartwarming. You don't see much fiction dealing with emotions or situations like these, and I have to wonder why. There's so much potential.

I love how you keep Kolyat feeling 'real' - he's been through a helluva lot, and his moments of regression are so true. These things don't heal themselves on a constant upward slope. There are bumpy areas, and seeing him withdraw from Shepard again is so realistic. It's a sensitive matter, but I think Koen's heart is in the right place.
ghost.713 chapter 6 . 7/1/2010
This just keeps getting better. I love this story so freaking much.
kiwibliss chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
This is such a wonderful idea all around. I'm so very glad that this (and your entire profile) was recommended in the mass effect comm on lj. You have such a wonderful Thane voice and a Male Shep just suits this story perfectly. I'm absolutely certain that you'll handle Kolyat well from this chapter alone.

You are such a tremendously solid writer that I'm probably going to have to read through everything in your profile eventually ;).
ghost.713 chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
Damn. This is fantastic, just an amazing prompt for a story and something I haven't seen much of, and never quite like this.

Koen's past, his present, it all ties together so well with the task he now finds himself faced with. There's something really poignant and tentative forming between he and Kolyat, and I'm honestly just amazed by the potential of it. I find myself genuinely LIKING Koen and these little glimpses of his past don't bog me down one bit. You handle side characters really well and you treated Thane's passing with respect (I really hate 'Thane dies' fic, but this story managed to avoid the gag reflex. A testament to good writing, or a sensitive author, or both? :)

Thane's memory was just... wow. Great. I was so immersed in it. And man, do I sympathize with Irikah. I found myself echoing her reactions.

The Compact... ominous.

Loved the mention of Ashley, too.

Only saw a few mistakes:

"He wanted to relive a memory for you, Commander, but not so that you could see Thane remember it—he wanted to you remember it as he would."

- Confusing wording toward the end. Did you mean "he wanted you to remember it as he would."?

"Dances of the Wildest Waves trilled a calming song,"

- Dances *on* the Wildest Waves? :) (Great soul name, btw.)
singeivoire chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I enjoyed the not-a-death-scene. You make me chuckle, friend.

I am actually not having too much trouble following despite my gaps in game knowledge. Yay!

Lovely writing, as always.
a pun or something chapter 3 . 6/20/2010
Good work. There's nothing I can see that needs improvement, you're doing a great job.

Keep up the good work!