Reviews for Journey Through the Dark
Merlin Emryz chapter 6 . 10/18
At the end of chapter 7 I could only imagine the photo of lily and James dancing with the wind
Merlin Emryz chapter 7 . 10/18
Like yeah Ik it’s suppost to be love but I mean he was kinda master of death at that time
Merlin Emryz chapter 7 . 10/18
WAIT! Was the power he knew not! The deathly hallows!
Dislike the way you portrayed Susan at the start, she's a bitch to claim it isn't about him then rant how because of Harry hufflepuff haven't had glory?
TubfullOfDishes345 chapter 7 . 9/5
This is such an amazing story. Your characters are alive, I was just looking for a typical a fourth year abandoned fic but you gave me seven great chapters with interesting characters with there own dynamic view and wants. I'm sadden your story hasn't updated in a while but great job anyways.
tammgrogan chapter 7 . 8/25
Hello, This Really was a wonderful story, I just hate that you didn't finished writing it. Maybe one day you will finish writing it. Until then Thank you,and take care.
Tammgrogan
rowenasheir chapter 7 . 8/17
Pity you stopped writing!
Good story so far.
KariAnn chapter 7 . 7/7
This story made me smile so many times. I hope that your inspirations return. I am curious on how you would resolve the Voldemort situation.
dude356 chapter 1 . 6/24
I like the idea of Harry accepting Bagman's help, as I've never seen it in a story before. I also like that Ginny and Neville are helping him too. Ultimately, it's just too hard for me to get into stories where Hermione betrays/turns her back on/abandons Harry without being potioned/compelled to do so. I know she has flaws as a character (trusting books too much and not trusting her instincts or her friends' instincts enough, having too much faith in authority figures knowing what's best for her/her friends, SPEW, etc.), but one of her defining character traits is her loyalty to Harry. It's easier to accept Ron betraying or turning his back on Harry in fanfics because he does it several times in canon. When Hermione does things that negatively impact Harry, she's doing them out of a desire to help/protect him. When she had McGonagall confiscate his Firebolt in PoA, it caused Harry to stop speaking to her for a while, but she did it because she was legitimately concerned for his safety at the time and couldn't have known that it was perfectly safe given the circumstances. When she didn't write Harry in Order of the Phoenix, it was because she was convinced by Dumbledore that it was in Harry's best interest not to write him. Again, genuine concern for his well-being caused her to take the action she did. Hell, even the time she got into it with him over Snape's Potions book was a case of looking out for his safety.

My favorite non-Harmony stories are the ones where Hermione is still Harry's best friend even if he's romantically involved with other girls. I know people like to write stories where Hermione turns on Harry because she's so loyal to him in canon, but unless there's an extremely good reason for her to do so (Harry does something unforgivable to her, which I don't think being entered into the Tri-Wiz against his will suffices as "unforgivable" to someone like her), I just can't see any reason to write her that way.

But that's just my preference. I otherwise liked the premise of this story.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 7 . 5/10/2017
Whelp, it was good while it lasted. Another promising story left hanging... :(
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 6 . 5/10/2017
The whole "Department of Mysteries" scene/setup was idiotic, ill-conceived and out of place. This fic was doing so well before that. (Maybe the Umbridge thing was a stretch, but at least it ended quickly and well.)

So did that shark jump at least get Ginny slayer powers? Or demonic possession?
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 4 . 5/9/2017
YES! *That* is how Harry, or at least Cedric, should have handled the Graveyard in canon. I can't exaggerate how much damage it did to the series when the two champions were so absolutely useless in book 4. Harry spent 6 years at magic school and couldn't even dry himself at the end of it. Pathetic.
But your story is way better than that.

›› "Disarmed?" Dumbledore repeated, looking at the stump that was once Pettigrew's right hand.
›› "Unconventionally," said Harry.
Harry SHOULD have said: "Perhaps I should say I unhanded him."

Finally, this is fiction. It was practically *invented* to make polygamy look like a good idea! Hint, hint, wink, wink (If your grandkids ever decide to finish this story).
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 2 . 5/9/2017
›› "... Don't worry, Harry, she's all right… except when she sends people off to Azkaban."
:D

›› "Have you considered poetry, Harry?"
›› Harry didn't hesitate. "Only when you're in front of me."
*Gag* ;)
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 5/9/2017
Great start; well plotted and well narrated. This Harry and associates are a good combination of believable and interesting.
Too bad this story was abandoned, but hopefully the next 6 chapters are as good.