Reviews for Journey Through the Dark
herart chapter 3 . 3/10
Interesting story. Poor Harry, it seems to him like everybody messes with his head at one point or another.

Surprisingly, the chapters feel like there are pretty large although the word count isn't impressive. Must be 'cause the conscise wording.

Interesting fact of the countries that ve more visits to this fic. I wonder which are the top two in the list that speak spanish, being my native language of course.
lordblink chapter 7 . 1/26
the story is simply marvelous. I look forward to hopefully seeing further updates in the near future!
Freed-sama chapter 7 . 12/9/2013
While I really like your story its a touch too fast paced for me.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/28/2013
So sad to end so soon. updates would be appreciated
1st Son of The Sea God chapter 7 . 11/13/2013
Okay, this story is really awesome! I really hope that you're just taking a break and haven't abandoned this story. Please try to update soon! :)
19811945 chapter 7 . 11/9/2013
I'm really enjoying this story. I can't wait to see where it goes :)
Elaine's Spike chapter 7 . 10/16/2013
I am disappointed that this story wasn't continued, i hope you will pick it back up an continue it one day.
honore chapter 7 . 10/1/2013
Give over a bit more please.. it's a great story and u stopped. More! More! Thanks
A Reviewer chapter 5 . 9/2/2013
Technically, this story is good, I just find it boring. There are so many relationship scenes in this story that they bog down the story-line. I get it, Harry Potter is the perfect boyfriend. I don't need it smashed into my face every couple paragraphs.

Also, these characters don't read like teenagers in a relationship for the first time. Harry's stuttering about Susan being pretty seems contrived and cliche. Harry's response to Ginny's crush seems too wise and accepting to be what one would expect of a real teenage boy.

Your response to that last statement probably would have attributed Harry's maturity to his past experiences with Voldemort, the Dursleys, and with being the Boy-Who-Lived.

Well, I say that's not a good enough reason. Those three situations would result in a person who is afraid of people and would therefore lash out before someone got too close. They would not become the best first boyfriend Susan ever had. There would be many more issues beyond whether or not Susan listened to her politically inclined aunt when first befriending Harry.

Furthermore, maturity is something that is most often learned rather than an inherent social instinct. So the fact that Harry is so well adjusted and so kind and so loving and so handsome and so thoughtful is a result of the author's prerogative not a result of the influences from Voldemort, the Dursleys, or the public. Therefore, Harry Potter, in this story is a male version of Mary Sue, aka a Marty Stew.

Also, why is Harry only really friends with teenage girls? What's wrong with Seamus and Dean? They're ignored Griffindor characters too and, if given a chance, they might have liked being more involved in Harry's life. But instead, every girl in this story keeps lusting after Harry, but Harry keeps abstaining from sex because of some noble reason not yet brought to light or because he is too shy or something of that nature. In the end, it makes for a boring story.

I gave this story 5 chapters of my time and I think I will be stopping now. Harry's too perfect of a boyfriend that I honestly can't stand him. I like your other story better, Henry Black and the Memory of Death. That story at least is a bit more believable. Harry is talented because he's experienced not because he is an undiscovered magical prodigy and, better yet, he isn't surrounded by a whole female cast wanting to be his girlfriend; although, in that story they are still about 12 years old and might be too young for that. Either way, I think Daphne is annoying and I can't really see why Harry would be attracted to her beyond her supposed beauty, which is probably enough of a reason for anyone boy to want to have sex with her.

In closing, I wanted to let you know that I deliberately did not sign this review because, when I do sign a review, I inevitably end up receiving the authors' response to what I've written. They don't take the time and examine their work to see if I even had a valid point. Instead they want to call into question my credentials and the quality of my stories in relation to theirs. Well, too bad. Deal with my honesty because this is a true review of the content of your work and, despite my harsh delivery, I hope you actually objectively consider what I've said.

Besides, you are allowed to delete unsigned reviews. So, delete this if you want. It's my gift to you.

Goodbye now.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
Not for me. The characters, particularly Susan and Harry, are just too inconsistent. Hell the plot itself is inconsistent. Harry become smart, and then, his brain seem to go in the window, and I don't even talk about the whole forgiving thing. Susan itself is boring, she just come in the story like a flower, out of nowhere, and for no apparent reason.
cross-over-lover232 chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
i'm liking this story, even if it is a bit out of date, i do like harry making up with them a bit but i am wondering.

"You'll get into trouble, Harry," Hermione stated in a bland tone, a hint of concern dripping into her voice. "You took a book out of the library."

WHY would harry get in trouble? last time i read it was ok to take books from the hogwarts library, and in fact she's done it tons
jeanpaulreddy93 chapter 7 . 5/30/2013
I really get a bad feeling about all of this Dumbledore/Susan thing and somehow i really don't want Harry/Susan to have a happy ending. If it was me i would have Harry become the Master of Death and have Death of the Endless as his GF! LOL.
monbade chapter 7 . 4/12/2013
good story, are you planing any updates?

monbade
MargaritaS chapter 7 . 3/5/2013
interesting tale, i enjoy your take on ginny, and pretty much everything :)
Hogwarts Alum 53 chapter 7 . 1/10/2013
I hope you return to this story soon!