Reviews for Aura
Iniga chapter 1 . 1/1
Like your other reviewers, I have to say I find it easy to sympathize with Jim here because this is very evocative of real migraines. I had the exact same WTH reaction as Jim when I first got one as a teen (though I was sitting in biology class wondering why I could hear the teacher writing on the board but not see the words) and when I was the age he is here I had to go into a big work meeting wondering whether I would throw up on the boss. Thankfully right after that they stopped for me. Knock on wood.

The more lighthearted ending of this fic- the battle over the lights and the bed, plus Bones' realization that there's an actual problem rather than dramatic battiness- is love.
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Poor Jim. I occasionally get migraines, so I can sympathize with him. Thanks for sharing this story. I really enjoyed it.
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Sniffle. I feel ya Jim! Migraines suck! Too bad I can't just get a hypo when I get one :( nope gotta suffer until it finally goes away heh. Anyway, lovely story, thanks for sharing :)
Brown hair and eyes chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
It's kinda nice to see Kirk with a migraine and dealing with the Generals. When I get them I have visual distortion and literally can't read words, Really terrifying for someone who loves reading. Thanks for this, a great piece.
rapalacha chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
I liked this story, I think it stays in charakter, and I love "missing scenes" plot lines.
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Good job
Jimelda chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Ack! I'm a sucker for migraine fics, especially those that occur right after the movie. And yours is by far the best one I've read to date. Nice work!

Aralas Baggins chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
I love all your story's, please never stop writing!
Summer of '69 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was sad and warm and funny all at the same time. It's weird.
basswall2 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
You did a great job describing the nauseating onset of a migraine. I get them too, and mine have always been preceded by flashing lights and other disruptions to my vision. In fact, your description might have been a little too accurate, I started to get a little queasy while reading it, remembering my own experiences. If only there really was such a thing as a hypo that brings immediate relief...
Haunt of twilight chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Poor Jim. I'm glad Bones gave him a talking to.
ethereal girl chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
i really liked this story, because it shows a lot of Jims Charakter and its past Narada and before Kirks Captaincy which i find an interesting time, where there are unfortunately very few stories about
Indygodusk chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Nice job. It was fun seeing things from this angle. I felt that everyone was in character too. Thanks for the story!
Doni chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Nicely done.
hollow echos chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I adored this fic! I suffer migranes myself so I could really sympathize with Jim. Glad McCoy helped him out, even if he was a little peeved at the omission, thanks for the great read!