Reviews for Aura
Iniga chapter 1 . 1/1/2015
Like your other reviewers, I have to say I find it easy to sympathize with Jim here because this is very evocative of real migraines. I had the exact same WTH reaction as Jim when I first got one as a teen (though I was sitting in biology class wondering why I could hear the teacher writing on the board but not see the words) and when I was the age he is here I had to go into a big work meeting wondering whether I would throw up on the boss. Thankfully right after that they stopped for me. Knock on wood.

The more lighthearted ending of this fic- the battle over the lights and the bed, plus Bones' realization that there's an actual problem rather than dramatic battiness- is love.
Starry Pink chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Poor Jim. I occasionally get migraines, so I can sympathize with him. Thanks for sharing this story. I really enjoyed it.
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Sniffle. I feel ya Jim! Migraines suck! Too bad I can't just get a hypo when I get one :( nope gotta suffer until it finally goes away heh. Anyway, lovely story, thanks for sharing :)
Brown hair and eyes chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
It's kinda nice to see Kirk with a migraine and dealing with the Generals. When I get them I have visual distortion and literally can't read words, Really terrifying for someone who loves reading. Thanks for this, a great piece.
rapalacha chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
I liked this story, I think it stays in charakter, and I love "missing scenes" plot lines.
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Good job
Jimelda chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Ack! I'm a sucker for migraine fics, especially those that occur right after the movie. And yours is by far the best one I've read to date. Nice work!

Cheers,
Jimelda
Aralas Baggins chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
I love all your story's, please never stop writing!
Summer of '69 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This was sad and warm and funny all at the same time. It's weird.
basswall2 chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
You did a great job describing the nauseating onset of a migraine. I get them too, and mine have always been preceded by flashing lights and other disruptions to my vision. In fact, your description might have been a little too accurate, I started to get a little queasy while reading it, remembering my own experiences. If only there really was such a thing as a hypo that brings immediate relief...
Haunt of twilight chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Poor Jim. I'm glad Bones gave him a talking to.
ethereal girl chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
i really liked this story, because it shows a lot of Jims Charakter and its past Narada and before Kirks Captaincy which i find an interesting time, where there are unfortunately very few stories about
Indygodusk chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Nice job. It was fun seeing things from this angle. I felt that everyone was in character too. Thanks for the story!
Doni chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Nicely done.
hollow echos chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
I adored this fic! I suffer migranes myself so I could really sympathize with Jim. Glad McCoy helped him out, even if he was a little peeved at the omission, thanks for the great read!