Reviews for That's Just How It Is
BlueBoxForever chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Flame flame flame flame flame there now you can have your s'mores. The story was really good.
fictonal character chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Welp, this review isn't gonna help u get ur toasty marshmallows cuz OMG THIS STORY IS AWESOME AND I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH U ON THE ZUTARA STUFF. K I'm done now :)
kataang FOREVZ chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I dont know wtf is up wit Zutara... if the creators had piked Zutara over Kataang i wouldve felt SOOO bad for poor Aang! Zuko and Katara... no... and anyone who tries to argue Zutara... WHO CARES KATAANG WON ANYWAYS! SUCKERS! HAHAHA! ... im crazy i just had sum Smores Poptarts and big ol piece of B day cake! YAY ME! IM 12!... Kataang forevr yay...
mj-hedwig13 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Great story haha! And I loved your little authors note a the end! Mai"s so badass!
Amozon28 chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
i totally agree! Mai is Freakin awsome! and i think the reason lots of people want or see the whole Zuko/Katara pairing is because the creators were planning on putting those two togther but at the last minute changed it so that Aang ends up with Katara. plus in another TV show "American Dragon" the voice actors who voice Zuko and Katara, they voice the two main characters in the show and they get together.

thats just my take on it. but i am a total Mai/Zuko and Aang/Katara believer.
aecul chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Haha! That was so cute! Toph was awesome (as ever). Are she and Sokka an actual couple in the show or is it just a fan thing? I mean, she likes him in the show which I think is adorable but he obviously likes Suki and Toph is like four years younger than him.

I love Aang/Katara (lol, and I liked how you wrote them in this story; they're so sweet) but I think honestly she could crush on anyone (I can relate, I do that too...) so if Zuko gave her attention, she would like him back. (Plus he's cute and angsty.) We're at the end of season 2 right now and so far he hasn't talked to Mai or anything so it's not like he actually has a pairing for two thirds of the series. Katara is the only girl he sees on a regular basis (like in the episode where they're stuck in the crystal cavern? I could see the Zutara in that). So idk, I think the two of them could work if they didn't end up with other people. (That was actually a terrible argument. It makes sense in my head.)

I thought this was a really fun idea and you did a great job with it. I liked the second half especially and the end was really cute. ("'I like you, too.'" Aww!)

I know what you mean about not having the drive to finish your stories. That's okay. I hate writing for fandoms I'm not that into anymore. I don't mind long replies either. I like hearing what you have to say. :)

So. Awesome story, really fluffy. :) I loved it.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Hahahaha, truly brilliant. So funny and so well written!

I still slightly prefer Zutara over Maiko - I guess because I got into it in the first season, way before Mai was even introduced (OK, I just wanted 'angry!' Zuko to have a love interest of any kind, and Kataang didn't really seem like an option then) - but I definitely enjoyed reading this.

Excellent work, and a fav for sure :)
oxsilvermoonxo chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
nope, no flames. This makes perfect sense to me too (and i LOVE IT XD)
Zoe chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
oh my god when i saw the thing that said that zuko and katara were in love i was like NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO! and then i was happy again! SO well done.
masie chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
thank you !
Tar Irene chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Great points. I understand Zatara to the extent that she probably would choose Zuko over Aang - come on, he's just better in pretty much every way, and they definitely shared moments in prison in Bah Sing Se, when she was tracking her mother's killer, and most of all when they were thanking each other after Azula's defeat. Whatever they have between each other (and of course it's just friendship, the writers told us that clearly when the Ember Island Players put them together and they were disgusted) is certainly very sweet and touching.

But Zuko and Mai are perfect for each other and you know it from the first flashbacks about Zuko, Azula, and her friends, so Katara will just have to make do with her avatar hubby. I think it's really funny how you trash all these stories and still keep everyone in character. Thanks for writing this!
purple kimono chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Eh~ I want marshmallows... They're better when they're roasted.

I have to say, I didn't want Zuko to be with anyone at first, (he's too awesome!) but then I grew to like him and Mai. They understand each other, seeing as they grew up in the same environment. About the Zutara thing, they seem more like biting each others' heads off in an arguement than being a couple. :)

Calm-Waters chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
This is absolutely...

100% golden! You get an A plus PLUS for your awesome trueness!

Kirei chapter 1 . 7/29/2010
Amazing :D Love the way you made fun of the Zutara hints... I agree with everybody when I say THERE WEREN'T ANY!

Well, your story is really funny, very cute and also almost not OOC... Zuko and Mai are just perfect

Very good piece of work
XSuicuneX chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
*tosses you a flame, 'cause fire is awsome and the marshmellows must be roasted* Heh, I actually agree with Mai/Zuko more then Zutaara...then again, I kinda wasn't that into most of the avatar pairings really. I liked Zuko, but my heart's more with Sokka, comic relief rules.

You raise good points about the war between Zai and Zutaara (see that? I made the awsome blend of mai and Zuko all on my own...go me...even if that's actually what it's called...still call dibs) Zai makes more sense, even if the idea of a water/firebending lovers quarrel is freakin' sweet.

Then again, that's what recreational sparring is for. Or just basic disagreements with friends.

You have good sense with the pairings, even if I strongly disagree with some of your other views. *nods*